-
Liberty replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
~Which character(s) did you find the most compelling/relatable/believable and why?
For me, I would say I related the most to Conrad. That’s probably because I’ve had doubts before, like him, and faced fears and uncertainties.
I would also relate to Julian in certain areas since I am kind of like him.
I thought that Dian was a…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay that makes sense.
That is totally how I plan to have this structured, but at that time, many of the men were hearing about God for the first time, and the Bible talks about leaders and teachers being strong in their faith and well rooted in belief before they teach.
-
Liberty replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Not sure why…. but for some reason I’m not understanding this. Is there a typo…. or am I really crazy?
26 How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for [a]edification.
When the church came together…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Sorry!!!
You should have chosen an MC as your favorite. They actually all survived this time. 😂
I was like, oh no, she’s gonna love him and he’s gonna die. (he’s my favorite too, so we can cry together)
-
Liberty replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay…
I was not expecting that. Especially at the end of the book!!!! You just crushed my heart again by killing another favorite character…
Despite the heart-wrenching deaths of *sob* the prince and his friend…it was a great ending and I’m intrigued by this mysterious character who wrote the letter.
-
Liberty replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭
I was utterly shocked…stunned…I even started to cry again!!!!!!
I said I hoped you didn’t kill him…..*sobbing*
That’s all I can say right now…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
That’s really cool.
I know it would be a ton of work, but it’s beautiful. If you do get a comic book published, I’d buy it.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
That looks so good! And like a ton of work. Wow.
So would the book open to the left? Is that a normal thing for comic books (*has no clue since current comic expirence is nearly non-existent*)?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
I hope so too! It’s up to the others if they’re read for the next one.
Although, one question. Was the Christian prince the only one? Who’s gonna inherit the throne when the Emperor dies now? (Don’t tell me the priests have tried to make it so one of them will get it.)
Dietrich was sole heir. His brother died as a baby.
That is…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@hybridlore @koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @liberty @linus-smallprint
QUESTIONS!
Characters:
~Which character(s) did you find the most compelling/relatable/believable and why?
~ Were there any character that need to be more engaging? If so, how would be some good ways for me to do that?
~Where the characters…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Common sence. Got it.
Thank you.
No girls fighting with broadswords as big as they are.
No boys wresting free of a group of well trained, armed men.
Short for Nicodemus. That’s all I will explain.
ahhh…. I think I see where you’re going.
Never assume anyone is dead until you have seen the body.” – A likey butch…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Oh, one other thing. @hybridlore says it seems unclear that the prince is dead. I don;t know if you saw our conversation, but if you did, what are your thoughts?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Sure, he can try. He’s been trying for the last few minutes. It’s not going to do much good. He’s a sixteen-year-old kid against several temple guards.
They’re going to win.
On a side note, I wonder what the Priest’s motivations are (other than hatred of God). Seems like control over the people may be a big one, possibly w…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay yeah, I can see what they think. I don’t really ever do “dead” characters coming back to life. That troupe drives me insane. I think I’ve only ever done it once.
I had another time when one character thought the other one was dead, but you were following both MCs, so you knew the truth. (kind of like with Julian and…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Big Yikes!
he made it though! 😅
I don’t think you intended this, but this is a little harsh. The way he said it, it comes across as challenging unbelief. Like Leon is saying, ‘Do any of you now dare to disbelief after what happened to me?’ I think it’s the way he starts the sentence. ‘Can any of you deny…’ This might no…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Yes. The end.
It snuck up on me too. 🤣 I scrolled to the next page and was like, “Oh! This is where I decided to break it!”
I feel like Marius and Prince Dietrich will come back. The way you left it, it does sound like an eyewitness saw their deaths, but… Why would you have cut the scene off so soon? It feels unfinished. If y…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
And this page is gonna blow up.
No one saw ANY of that coming.
😏
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@hybridlore @koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @liberty
@linus-smallprint (I know you haven’t had a chance to get to yesterday’s, but I’m impatient. Sorry.) 😂
NEXT SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Night had fallen about the city, and the occupants of the palace were retiring to their rooms. Prince Dietrich had excused him…
- Load More
