-
Power replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 5 months ago
@elanor
Ooooo, the ocean. I like the ocean. (Just don’t think about what could be lurking under the waves. . . 😳🦈🐉🦑)
Poem number 4 (Is that a gentle way of ending this little game, or a challenge 😎 ????)
Stalling
I have stuff to do
dire and dear things
Important and near things
I must go!
but,
I don’t want to
Why is it,
that a task…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Me idea in the forum Plotting 4 years, 5 months ago
Well, I really haven’t been paying enough attention have I? I just saw this tag. =|
That sounds like a good start for a story, and is making ideas spring into my head. If written well it wouldn’t be cliche. It has some possibilities for a powerful storyline.
Random spark of ideas- What if this country is something like Israel under…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Beloved Character Death Discussion Page….Woohoo in the forum Characters 4 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, murdering characters is definitely one of those harder things about story plotting. I have a MIA in one of mine who won’t come back, even though part of me is testing that point pretty hard.
Oh…
huge Wingfeather spoilerwas so well written, but, ahh, it hurt. *Sniff* -
Power replied to the topic I technically count as new in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
Whatever-you-want-to-call-me it’s nice to meet you! (Though, I am not sure you really want to meet me! *Bwahahahaa-ah-ah-CHOO!!!*) You may refer to me as Your Royal Slowness, King Power of the Slugs. That or you may refer to me as the Black Mongoose. Or, if you want to really make it simple call me Power@.
-
Power replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 5 months ago
@elanor I Like it!!! The end is so satisfying. *Sits back in chair, sighs, grins*
Ya, the baboon poem was. . . interesting.
I understand about the idea pop into head thing. My problem is the opposite though. My brain is like forging a sword, I must strike while the iron is hot. If I don’t, the iron stops glowing, and I tend to forget my…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic I volunteer as tribute! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
@denali-christianson
Hello, my name is Power. May your enemies fear you, and your foes shrink back at you present. . . Okay!!, Now that I finished that brutally bad beginning (bummer) it’s fun time! I am also a lover of the art of medieval weaponry! (Nothing like having a good sword/knife/quarterstaff fight with someone) If you ever have a…[Read more] -
Power replied to the topic Greetings; I am a Jesus-follower in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
Greeting, hello, hi, how are you, how do you do, howdy, and any other form of greeting that you can think of (I’m tied, please don’t make me do all the work). My names Power, or you can call me the Black Mongoose. That’s probably all you really need to know about me!
p.s. Never try to swallow an egg whole. It will stunt your growth permanently.
-
Power replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 5 months ago
I might have it in my emails though.
-
Power replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 5 months ago
@elanor Sorry it’s taken a while to get back to ya. Yep, It looks like your reply got gobbles.
-
Power replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 5 months ago
@kathleenramm
Being a sign holder might actually be a good job to get the artist juices flowing throu the brain. You world definitely have a lot of down time. (Side note: A story about a sign holder might be kinda interesting. The Sign Holder Superhero.)Sporange. . . interesting. I still don’t think my poetic powers are up for to challenge.
-
Power replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 5 months ago
@elanor Very good! I don’t think my first poems were anything like that. One of my earliest poems (and one of my most memorable ones) was about baboons having a fight in a tree. It’s was an acrostic that spelled out BAD. By that information you can probably tell how BAD the poem actually was.
Okay, my turn. I love this one!
The Balloon
In one…[Read more]
-
Power posted an update 4 years, 5 months ago
Bah humbug! Who ever reads these!
-
Power replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 5 months ago
@elanor
. . . ? Should I ask or not 🤔. I could either make or break your day.Oh well! Poems like what? (Rules of the game: For every poem you posted, I get to post one.)
-
Power replied to the topic Hey in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
👋🤪
🦊⚔️🐍
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 5 months ago
Sounds fun!
I don’t remember if his backstory was mentioned, but I think not. Hmm…it would be interesting. Here are a few random questions;
- Does he view ridge-runners in the same light as children?
- Has he ever been a Strander?
- Does he remember before Gnag?
- What is his motive/ does he believe what he is doing is wrong?
…
-
Power replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 6 months ago
@kathleenramm Thanks! I thought that the poem was pretty awesome too. (If I do say so myself. . . which I did)
Advice? 🤔 Hmmm. . . well I would say that if you want to write poetry, you need to get a desk job that has really boring and monotonous work that once you get done with you have over an hour of down time where there is basically nothing…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Writer's Corner #505 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
It appears that I am now a loyal sidekick. So. . . does that mean I’m a loyal kick in the side, which would make me a loyal pain?
-
Power's profile was updated 4 years, 6 months ago
-
Power started the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 6 months ago
Don’t give me a knight in shining armor
But send me a warrior with dents
I want a soldier with a couple scars
And not a proud man without rents
Scratches are not a sign of weakness
To get wounded you faced an assailant
And that marred and pocked armor
Says “I’m here after the fight, I made it.”
So when you look at yourself and you see…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Find my characters Want/Goal in the forum Characters 4 years, 6 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 I have very similar problems with figuring out what my characters want? It is so important to the story and yet it can be so hard to find. With that being said, I would guess that your guy might have several goals.
Possible goal 1) He wants to live a ‘normal’ life, and doesn’t want anyone to know about his scars.
As a guy, I…[Read more]
- Load More
