-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
I did! I’ve been kinda busy too lately. I’ll try to RP in a minute or two 😉
-
Esther replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
I didn’t notice that this was where you had posted your question.
So, I have two suggestions if you’re really having trouble with this:
- Set it aside. What helps me sometimes is just not thinking about that facet of the story or not thinking about the story at all. Then, when I’m doing something mundane, watching a movie,…
-
Esther replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Tink has blue eyes in the book. I really hope they don’t change that, cuz that becomes really important later on.
book 4 is my favorite!! It’s definitely longer than the other ones and I think I remember some parts being slow (don’t take my word for it, I haven’t read it in a while), but it…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic I need a creature name! in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
I will definitely come back here later with some ideas later this afternoon!!
-
Esther replied to the topic My WIP!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Thx!! The name carries meaning, though, since it sounds very similar to a word in another language that means something important… 😏
That was so vague! 🤣
I’m loving the development of the romance 🥰 so cute!
Me too!! 🥰 It’s been one of my favorite subplots so far! (Though I’m not sure if I have more than th…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
🤩 The Vilder is so cool! The poem really caught my imagination!! I’m getting LotR vibes… Like with the lore and stuff. Your worldbuilding sounds really deep.
So actually, this is the WIP with Amidala and Everton. The theme that I really want to portray is trusting God in the dark. They have to deal with a l…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Do you get this thrill when you hear/see the language your learning? It makes me so excited. 😊
Oh yes! (My twin loves doing it to me, whether by pointing out something in Crylic, or nonchalantly handing me something that has it) I get so happy…I’m literally smiling just thinking about it. It’s like getting a secret message that only I…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I need a creature name! in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
Ah…I don’t know? For creature name I guess I usually just start with a letter, say it out loud, and see what sound comes next.
For place and group names I tend to look up words in the language of that culture and, then if there is more than one word, mash them together till I like the sound. So basically what you do.
Volkovia…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I need a creature name! in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
A cross between…okay, that’s an interesting mental picture. XD
What is their habit/home? Do they have tails (you mentioned squirrels)? Are they more like people or animals? How many syllables or words do you want?
A few random ideas (and if any of these are already used it was accidental): Quirgles, Akturns, Miklins, Thindles,…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
I am using Save the Cat, and yes. I am a plotter. Most of my ideas come at night too! Maybe that’s just how they work. *Shrug*
I’ll probably try that and at least see where it takes me. Hopefully it’ll get me writing again, instead of ignoring the utter chaos of my characters’ lives. Thanks for the advice!
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Well, his problem right now is basically that I don’t know what happens in his climax. Or much of the rest of his story. I mean, I know scenes and some plot points, but the beats after the mid point are all sort of…foggy.
I’ve been working a bit on him, which is why I even have a midpoint, but even so I can’t seem to get the…[Read more]
-
Pen_for_Christ205 and
MineralizedWritings are now friends 3 years, 9 months ago -
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
I’m on! I also need to do dishes, but I’ll be checking in a bunch.
Vulkasin…he wouldn’t tell me his story. Maybe that’s my fault for not working with him much, but it just wouldn’t come out. I’m making a little progress right now, so hopefully he’ll get on paper easier soon.
But yeah. He’s been a problem.
And anyone reading…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Ах! Сестра, you don’t know how happy you made me, seeing Cyrillic in a conversation. Or rather you probably do, you being a language learner yourself… *Happy sigh*
I think practically any writing takes some form of research.
I shall definitely have to check her out. Most of what I know of what’s going on I’ve heard from a mission…[Read more]
-
Pen_for_Christ205 changed their profile picture 3 years, 9 months ago
-
Light replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh, good tips(ideas! Thank you! I only saw a few things, bc I’m brushing my little brother’s teeth for bed 😂. I’m I’ll finish reading it tomorrow 😊. Thank you again!!
-
Light replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Also, I won’t be able to RP til later tomorrow afternoon. I’m going to the Nutcracker play tomorrow morning!! Talk to y’all later 😊! Good night!
-
Light replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @godlyfantasy12 @felicity @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @esther-c @any-one-else
Sooo, my plot hole!! Yay! *Grins nervously*
So, in my new book, There’s two siblings. 13 year old Asher and 16 year old Iris. The story opens with them living at a foster home/orphanage/something like that. And they hate it. Especially Asher. Then…[Read more]
-
Pen_for_Christ205 replied to the topic The-Bad-Guys-With-No-Name Kinda Need A Name (just a little bit) in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
I must ask, is this a fantasy? Or more historical-ish fiction and what not?
It’s a mix of both. I don’t like research, but history has some great ideas I like to use. But of course, there’s a bit of fantasy too, like the dragomoth and other mythical creatures. Thanks for your help btw 🙂
First, do you need a name…
-
Light replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Thats great!! Love it! I’m so glad we could help 😊.
I think I’ve heard of that one. It sounds good! My favorite is Burn the Ships or Fight on Fighter. 😊
- Load More
