@dragon-snapper
Active 9 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic A Request in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
Definitely will be praying!
(On a side note, there’s actually a whole thread where we can post and respond to prayer requests, which most of us visit frequently)
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic A Request in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine. Thank you for praying! Okay, I didn’t know if I was breaking a rule by posting something unrelated to writing. KP is just such a good place to ask things like this. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic A Request in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira Praying for you!
And don’t worry about it not being about writing. People post prayer requests here all the time. I did, myself, a few days ago.
-
Ariel Ashira started the topic A Request in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
Dear Kapeefers,
I just wanted to ask you guys to be praying for my family, as we are going through some major changes right now and we need God’s guidance and protection. I guess this doesn’t have much to do with writing, although it does affect how much I get to write. 🙂 I can’t go into much detail right now, but I thought I would still ask y…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Don’t apologize. I couldn’t agree with you more, but even if I disagreed, I would still appreciate you being so real with us! Thank you for all you have said.
@cacatwing I love your cat! Looks so much like mine, except mine are outdoors.
@warrenluther04 I hope you aren’t scared to put me in a story after all this. 🙂 It tak…[Read more]
-
Mark Kamibaya replied to the topic Why Do You Blog? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Idk I guess I also have relatively selfish reasons for blogging. My blog is really just a filing cabinet full of stuff I’ve learned (that might be helpful for other people).
Whenever I learn some really cool insight on Scripture or life in general I write up a blog post about it. Or if I want to delve into story theory/mechanics then I…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk Oh, those are some good ones you’ve seen! 🙂 (I actually haven’t seen all of them yet. But I’ve seen at least clips of all of them.)
Maybe this will make you feel better about the old westerns:

(As I said before, I don’t like John Wayne either. 🙂 ) Gene Autry and Roy Rogers had a much cleaner style. I don’t remember whe…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, did you cry too? I cried. Even though I’d read it before, and knew what would happen, I still cried. And if I read it again – and I probably will – I’ll cry again.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk Thank you for agreeing with me! 😀 (I like it when people agree with me. [Is there anyone who doesn’t like it when people agree with them?] 🙂 )
*hands out white carnations* *weeps* I’m sorry, I’m busy today and won’t be able to attend your funeral. But I’m not convinced you actually died. Couldn’t you possibly be only mostly dead?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice oh, and I hope it’s okay, but I read your short story too.
trying to make us cry, huh? 😉
it worked.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal Okay, let me back up. 😀 When I said Pilgrim’s Progress was the original fantasy work I didn’t necessarily mean it was the first fantasy work, since I haven’t researched the area of fantasy very extensively. I do consider it at least one of the first fantasy works, and perhaps the first major one.
The difference between it and …[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@daughteroftheking Awesome! Thanks 😉
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Because pie is yummy. *wiggles eyebrows*
@rochellaine I was half convinced @dekreel was a fox for a while. I’m sorted out now though. 😉 (you know you’re a Kapeefer when you know the species of your fellow writers, because they’re not all human.)
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@filewriterbase13x Ah, yes. I can never figure out how many spoilers about my story is too many. 😛 Nice profile pic! Did you draw it yourself?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic The Ballad of Private Poe in the forum Poetry 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine *applause* this is really good! 😀 a book of poems you say? sounds awesome! #futurecustomer 😉
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine *faints*
Hmm, that’s interesting about Pilgrim’s Progress. Is something like Beowulf considered pre-fantay if it came hundreds of years before Pilgrim’s Progress?
@ashlyvye I write fantasy, primarily, but currently I’m working on something which is more like sci-fi/ dystopian. Realistic science fantasy sounds really cool :D. The…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing *gets email* *opens browser faster than you can say “pirate”* THIS WAS AN AMAZING SURPRISE THANK YOU!!!! His expression is perfect!
@dekreel *shyly raises hand* I will draw your character. I may not be an artist, but if there’s one thing I love to draw, it’s steampunk people. 😉 In return, would you like to draw Abilene, the MC from a…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk Oh, I didn’t notice where you said you’d “had bad experiences with some of them.” So I just thought I’d let you know that though I haven’t watched any recently made westerns, and the only modern romance ones I’ve seen are a couple badly made Hallmark movies, I can tell you for a fact that the sci-fi genre is a very different…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine started the topic The Ballad of Private Poe in the forum Poetry 8 years, 6 months ago
I wrote this poem a long time ago, but since it’s just been sitting there, silent, and since several of you have said you like reading my poems because they’re entertaining, I thought I’d just let you read it for fun. 🙂 So here it is:
The Ballad of Private Poe
or One Young Man’s Trials and Tribulations for the Sake of His Relatives.In the…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel You asked for more updates? Well, this is the best I could do on short notice:

- Load More
