@dragon-snapper
Active 9 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Grace H. started the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
Hi everyone,
A confession I have is that I’m not very good at connecting to my characters and getting excited about them, and being able to develop even the side characters pretty well seems really daunting.
So how do you guys all get excited about your characters? Are there certain methods you use to do character development? And are you able…[Read more]
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@celticcailin Hey there! I don’t write songs, and I don’t know anyone on the forum who does, so I’m going to tag a bunch of people who know a bunch of people, and maybe can help you locate advice you need.
@dekreel @dragon-snapper @supermonkey42 @rochellaine @seekjustice @daeus @catwing @daughteroftheking
-
Bella B. replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m a planster. I plan the 5% of my story that counts (not really plan; just like “this happens” then “this” then “this” than done. That’s it) I planned out over 30% of one of my stories and I can’t even get 1000 words through!
On the other hand, I started writing a random story because I was bored and I had no idea what was goin…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
THANK YOU 🙂 🙂
I know, the Chessy and Manly scenes made me very emotional 😢
And yes, be scared! There is emotional trauma coming for you!
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Critique for my Kinda Sorta Fantasy Novel in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Sure thing!
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Well I am back and writing! (sorry no longer composing)
@seekjustice Ah, I love all music and can play a few instruments, but I really enjoy composing. *claps happily* Alllllll of the fun creative outlets. *wilts slightly* Even if this one has condition because it is an assignment.
But anyways. Time to write.
-
Grace H. replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@daughteroftheking Oh the family one is awesome!! xD Your influence is very, very deep.
You know you are a writer when you find the perfect way to describe this shade of red in a craft you just made.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Bye 🙂
@jess-penrose that’s really cool! I can’t even play an instrument, let alone compose music but it sounds like an amazing skill!
(Oh yes, I love Banjo. Henry Lawson not so much, but Banjo is awesome! What’s your favourite poem?)
I have to go now 🙂
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine And I’m actually about to leave to catch a bus, so bye also! (And I maaay be around in a bit. Depends on if the random wifi turns up or not. )
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine At the moment I’m composing baroque, but I generally compose modern melodic pieces for more song-like instruments. (woodwind, strings.) That or I do fun film music-y style things.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose Hello! Cool! What kind of music do you compose? My brother is a classical style composer.
Seekjustice recommended that I read poetry by Banjo Patterson and Henry Lawson. 🙂
@seekjustice I’m going to get off now, and I guess you won’t be here when I get back. Jess, I might be back in about an hour for a little bit if you’re sti…[Read more]
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Hi!
I’m composing right now, not writing words, but notes.
AND OH YES. How could I have forgotten the Billabong books??? They are so good! And yes. You also should read our poetry. *nodnod* That’s what I think we’ve done the best.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m working on my novel and also replying to some of the comments you guys have made.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Hello! Okay, I’ll be getting off pretty soon too, anyway. I’m officially working on my western and unofficially on a short story. 🙂 How about you?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Hey! I can’t be on the internet for long but I’ll be around for 1/2 hr.
What you working on? I’m glad you liked it. Its a pretty cool book, I really need to do a reread of it!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice @jess-penrose Well, I’m back! Are either of you Australians around? Because I’m afraid most of the other Americans have gone to bed by now… 😛
SeekJustice, I finished A Little Bush Maid this morning, and got so into it that I had read half of the second book, Mates at Billabong, all at once before I realized how far I had got…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you so much for asking! Unfortunately, there’s been basically a complete hold-up in the adoption process and we have no idea when we will again start moving forward. It’s much more complicated than it even was when I wrote my original post on the problem, and we’ve come up against several more road blocks. It’s really sad b…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Wow! This was an excellent few chapters!! Oh man, I am so curious as to what happens now.
I didn’t care for Zachary. He’s too flirtatious and he seems really fake, like he’s hiding ulterior motives. Justice, poor Justice. I don’t even know him and that hurt.
Theresa! We met Theresa! The one I had the pleasure to draw! Now that I…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Song Swap in the forum Music 8 years, 6 months ago
@leumeister It was Mach 11, I think. It was because the same four notes kept repeating over and over again in the bass. I wasn’t able to listen to all of it, so I could be mistaken, but I listened to a good deal of it and skipped through portions of the rest and it sounded like it was that way the whole way through. In Cannon in D the same ei…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Character Song Swap in the forum Music 8 years, 6 months ago
That’s fine. How did (Mach 11 was it, or was it Second Chances?)… one of those sound like Cannon in D? I’m curious… Also, rock music? How did it sound like rock music?
Thank you for checking them out, though. If you know of anyone who would be interested in my music, though, I’d be grateful if you could send it on to them! ^_^
- Load More
