-
Lin replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
@koshka Ah, I won’t say my church, but we basically did Bible quizzing through a program called AWANA, not sure if you’ve heard of it. I live up in the New England area, so our paths probably haven’t crossed.
I write urban fantasy, eastern fantasy, anything but high fantasy. I tend to combine crime and fantasy, so a lot of my stories (well,…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Anime Nerd/Chat in the forum Film 4 years, 10 months ago
@trahia-the-minstrel Haha, that meme is quite true. I love the author’s works a lot, especially Silver Spoon.
The Promised Neverland has some horror elements (spoiler: it’s basically about a bunch of kids that raised on farms to be eaten by monsters) and it does get gory at times. The manga is much better than the anime. I haven’t watched the…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Hello to you too! School, ugh.
What church did you quiz with, if you don’t mind my asking?
Oh the desperate struggle to inscribe one’s ideas…*sigh*
Warning: if I start talking about my books I may not be well able to cease.
Thank you, I try! XD. Heart of Gold Heart of Stone is my completest WIP, so I enjoy working over it…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
@koshka Hey there! Late welcome to our Kingdom of Pen! I’m usually one of the early greeters but I don’t think I’ve welcomed anyone in a long time due to school, hhh…
I’m Linyang, but everyone here calls me Lin, and I enjoy writing crime and fantasy. I was homeschooled as well, and I did a ton of Bible quizzing as a kid. Honestly, I can totally…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon What about you? What are you currently working on?
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
*Gasps and tentatively waves a paw at your disappearing form.*
Good day to you too, mysterious human. Pleased to see you around.
Увидимся!
-
Lin replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon I’ll do this for my current WIP so I can better write it. Thanks for asking me stuff!
My main character is Joey Garcia, a 24 year old worker at a store. I think his struggle throughout the book is to find reason to do something as well as how best to convince someone to give himself up. He’ll probably accomplish both of these…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Anime Nerd/Chat in the forum Film 4 years, 10 months ago
@jenwriter17 I still haven’t read the last volume of The Promised Neverland, ahh…the art is super pretty!
-
Lin replied to the topic Anime Nerd/Chat in the forum Film 4 years, 10 months ago
@anatra23 Big thanks to @trahia-the-minstrel for putting out content warnings here; about FMAB; it does get pretty dark, actually, but I feel like if you watch Jujutsu Kaisen you can probably watch the bulk of most anime, considering that Jujutsu Kaisen is rated TV-MA here in the US but FMAB is rated TV-14. Common sense media is a good place to…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
Exactly!
Oh… I love those lines. The shadow of a poet in me shivers in ecstasy. The beauty, the meter, the words all make me explode!
Ok, I’ll be quiet now.
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Thank you so much! I don’t have anyone much beyond my family to go over my writing, so although I know it has flaws I have trouble pinpointing them.
Oh my, description (in any form) is one of the things I struggle with the most. I love crafting scenes in my head, but they rarely work out on paper. Thank you, I needed that.
Yes, there…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Anime Nerd/Chat in the forum Film 4 years, 10 months ago
@calidris The fandom is scary as heck but I love the manga art style and the characters and how they portray authors as characters and the worldbuilding and I also have been playing the mobile game for almost two years and–
*cough cough* The fandom is. Very. I don’t like the fandom.
-
Lin replied to the topic Anime Nerd/Chat in the forum Film 4 years, 10 months ago
@anatra23 Ay, for comedy/slice of life I recommend:
- Barakamon
- Yotsuba&!
- Way of the Househusband
And for fantasy/adventure:
- Fullmetal Alchemist (if you’re only going to watch the anime watch the Brotherhood version)
- The Devil is a Part-Timer!
- Bungou Stray Dogs
Me, looking over my lists: I could have sworn there was way more I need…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
Someone ask me something, anything. (About. Any WIP.)
-
Lin replied to the topic Anime Nerd/Chat in the forum Film 4 years, 10 months ago
@anatra23 Finally, my field of expertise.
I have heard of all of these! I’ve read several volumes of Horimiya and Your lie in April was my first anime. For a complete list of my read and watched anime, you may consult myanimelist here: https://myanimelist.net/profile/xiajiao
Well, lemme just open up my presentation that I bring with me whenever…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
Thank you!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
Oh how many books have I at least confused by reading ahead?
Almost every book I read. =|His books are sooooo good. I hope mine may somehow measure up.*sigh* I would probably have written waayyy to far and ruined it.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago

Here’s my other pic. I had to put them on separately.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago

Incomplete sketch. Mouth is only half open.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
Aurrgh!! It ate my response three times!!
Oh I love birds of prey! Those are some long wing and life spans. Does the fact that they mourn tie in with the book any?
Are your Ailurids animals or something like the cloven of Wingfeather? Can they and if they are animals, can they think (like people)?
@anyway
Here is…[Read more]
- Load More
