@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Haha! I’ve always loved that “meet cute” too. It’s one of the closest ways you could realistically expect to be rescued since we don’t have dragons anymore. 😛
Oh, yes. Musicals tend to make everything better. 🙂
Is it going okay?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry!! I’m praying for you.
What’s the topic? (Only answer if you feel like you have time… 😉 )
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Oh my! Yes, I’m around. 🙂 What do you need to be encouraged about?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@kaya-young Aw, thank you! 😀 I’m so glad you like Rin 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@filewriterbase13x Have you seen the Character Search Corner that Dekreel made? It’s got a very extensive list of KP characters which should help you with writing any KP fiction.
Here’s the link in case you haven’t seen it yet.
-
Alia replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@waterlily, I have a very interesting style of either I completely plan out the book, or just have a vague idea and go with the flow. there is no in between for me until I have gotten father into it.
I have found it easiest to not outline in the beginning, but as the story progresses to jot down your ideas. But that might just be me
-
Alia replied to the topic Critique for my Kinda Sorta Fantasy Novel in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira, my plan is to have it done by June. So be on the lookout then for a way to read it then
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder Okay, thank you 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@gh24682468999 This may sound ridiculous, but I get really excited about my characters when I imagine them doing stuff in moveie form. 🙂
Actually, the newly launched website storyembers.org has a downloadable character questionnaire. K. M. Weiland also has a more extensive character form she fills out. You can get that on her website,…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Development Methods in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@gh24682468999 Hi Grace! This is a cool question. 🙂 I’m going to answer it for myself, but I have no idea if my methods are the same as everyone else’s. 😀
Well, I read in the front page of every book where the author has the disclaimer which says something like “any resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental,” and I w…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jess-penrose Hello! Cool! What kind of music do you compose? My brother is a classical style composer.
Seekjustice recommended that I read poetry by Banjo Patterson and Henry Lawson. 🙂
@seekjustice I’m going to get off now, and I guess you won’t be here when I get back. Jess, I might be back in about an hour for a little bit if you’re sti…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Hello! Okay, I’ll be getting off pretty soon too, anyway. I’m officially working on my western and unofficially on a short story. 🙂 How about you?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice @jess-penrose Well, I’m back! Are either of you Australians around? Because I’m afraid most of the other Americans have gone to bed by now… 😛
SeekJustice, I finished A Little Bush Maid this morning, and got so into it that I had read half of the second book, Mates at Billabong, all at once before I realized how far I had got…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you so much for asking! Unfortunately, there’s been basically a complete hold-up in the adoption process and we have no idea when we will again start moving forward. It’s much more complicated than it even was when I wrote my original post on the problem, and we’ve come up against several more road blocks. It’s really sad b…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Song Swap in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@leumeister It was Mach 11, I think. It was because the same four notes kept repeating over and over again in the bass. I wasn’t able to listen to all of it, so I could be mistaken, but I listened to a good deal of it and skipped through portions of the rest and it sounded like it was that way the whole way through. In Cannon in D the same ei…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Song Swap in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@leumeister I’m sorry. 🙂 As I anticipated they weren’t much to my taste. I will say that the second one was much more interesting than the first, as the first one reminded me somewhat of Cannon in D. However, I do actually like Cannon in D, so that is not necessarily a bad thing. 😉 The real reason I didn’t like them is because I don’t lik…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@waterlily I have done a few different types of planning for my stories, but I never can plan the ending first like Sam and SeekJustice do! 😀 In a way that’s cool, because I can have the same anticipation that the readers will have in that I don’t know how the story will end. On the other hand, that also means I usually have no idea how to c…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Hi! I’m here. It’s a little earlier than usual, but are you ready to write yet?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Ah! It’s great!! Only I almost wish I hadn’t watched ATOTC 1958 since it’s more fun to read something when it’s all going to be a surprise. 😀 But poor Justice! Why didn’t he get rid of those papers when he had the chance?! 🙁
I really don’t like his cousin at all. He’s annoying in the bad way instead of the good way. 😉 I lik…[Read more]
- Load More
