@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Okay, that makes sense.
Have you ever realized how big the US is compared to other countries? A lot of tourists come here and say that they want to see the Statue of Liberty, the Grand Canyon, and the White House, and don’t realize that it takes hours and days of driving time to get from one to the other. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder When I went on the bridge next to Hoover Dam the winds were pretty strong, but I don’t know the exact mph. I thought of this scene, and when I researched for it I found that the wind gets up to 50 mph there, and that’s enough to blow a 100 lb person off her feet. Chara is little, so she’s supposed to be about 90-95 lbs, and could e…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Want to read about theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
That makes zero sense, but okay. *snorts*
The article looks good, my overall complaint is that you throw a lot of terms around. Kate and I both made comments on this. My fear is that anyone coming at this not knowing how to create a theme like you explain will get caught up in the terms they don’t know, so elaborating on those definitions might…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Want to read about theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
‘kay.
…why is your signature just turtle emojis?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Glad you liked it! What funny parts, exactly? I mean, it’s light, and fun, but what parts were funny to you?
Oh, do you travel often? I fly about once a year to a conference my law school holds in Nevada but thankfully my brother always goes with me, so I don’t have to worry about finding my way around. I just follow him, and he tak…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Want to read about theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Still need people on this? @daeus
-
Ingrid and
Charis are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
NC Stokes replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel How exciting! *pushes big bowl of ice cream in your direction* Happy writing!
-
Sink replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17, @dekreel, @notawriter, thanks so much, guys! I actually love drawing the eyes more than anything else manga….they show so much expression!
Haha, @jenwriter17, for some reason I find boys easier to draw than girls…I think it’s because I find girl’s eyes harder to draw. They’re so big, and there’s so many highlights…girl’s eyes…[Read more]
-
Snapper and
Sink are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Sink replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 Thanks so much! Firemaster is actually my novel that I’m currently writing, but I love drawing Manga so I’ll probably put some of my favorite scenes to manga. If so, I’ll definitely post them and drop you a notification.
As for my drawing style…honestly, I just started drawing Manga like a month ago, and I have no idea what any…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Infant and Child Characters in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
Wow! That was a really long post! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Infant and Child Characters in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Having the baby be a deep sleeper would definitely work. When I was a baby, I slept something like 20 hours a day, and when relatives came over they wanted to see my eyes, so my dad would toss me in the air (gently, but he is very good at that) and talk to me, but I would never wake up. 🙂
My older brother, on the other hand, slept…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Congratulations! I haven’t been able to do much all night.
Bye! 🙂 Goodnight!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Okayy, finished with this chapter! Good night! See you tomorrow 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice See you tomorrow (hopefully).
And going to sleep is a very good idea. Thanks for the advice. Especially since my writing has been going nowhere fast. 🙁
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Well, I can forgive you. Les Mis awesome! But still, Lord of the Rings is awesome too, though the books are better than the movies. the movies are really well done though.
No I haven’t! I had them on my wishlist for Christmas, but I didn’t get them.
Anyway, I must leave you now. Farewell! Go to sleep, American friends!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Have you had a chance to check out Star Trek TNG yet?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel @dragon-snapper @catwing @everyone who stalks this topic.
I have a character I would love someone to draw. Her name is Theresa Caelan, she’s about thirty-five and my antagonist. I have a picture in my head of her looking sort of like Idina Menzel (the voice of Elsa in Frozen, to the uninitiated), but she’s quite a poor woman and she’s a…[Read more]
- Load More
