@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
My thoughts exactly, though I do like his name a lot. Liliom is a pretty cool name, though I feel it should have been a girls name. Also, it’s weird that his real name is consistently spelt differently. Well, I’ll definitely get around to those soon(ish)!
I read it the other month, it was definitely weird and freaky to some extent,…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Hi @dekreel ! Welcome home. 😀 Do you have preferred letters like @seekjustice and I were talking about?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel *is jealous because Dekreel’s book has 75,000 names in it and mine only has 40,000*
Definitely, fire away!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Sounds like I’ll have to get one for myself.
Yeah, now that I think back, Liliom is a really horrible person in the play. The only time I liked him was when he found out Julie was pregnant. He seemed sweet then for a few lines. The reason I like it is mostly just because of the musical/movie. In those he’s a much nicer guy, tho…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yes! I do have a baby book! It has 75,000+ names in it. I love it so much. I have been binge-reading the whole thing and writing down my favorites. So far I’m still in the girls, down to the Gs. Want me to give you a sample of some of my favorites?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Welcome to the great naming discussion!! I love names too, names are awesome. The question is: do you own a baby name book?
-
Joy replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Oh yeah! You do have 940 posts! WOW, that means you’ll be an Eccentric Mentor soon. I wonder if it’s a record…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I do! And I honestly can say it’s the most useful piece of writing equipment I own, it’s an awesome book. I got it from a library booksale several years ago.
Yeah, that’s probably where my love of the name came from too. The novella I’m editing at the moment for my blog serial story actually has the main character called Wolfe, but…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine I guess I’ll join you guys. Partially because I haven’t come back to the KPA in days, and also because YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT NAMES! I LOVE NAMES!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice *squeals* Oooh, you have a baby name book?!!! I don’t, except for a very short ten or so pages in the back of one of our dictionaries. 🙁 I have to go in my head or online if I want to name a character.
Oh, I’ve liked the name Rolf ever since watching The Sound of Music as a really little kid. 🙂 And Raymond is the name of one…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariella-newheart. Hi, Ariella! I have seen you around the forum, and you said hi when I introduced myself, so now I will tell you welcome!
By the time I finished answering everyones comments, I had been promoted two ranks. 🙂
I am not sure that ” wise jester” fits me very well. I am looking forward to being a loyal sidekick.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia I’ve been planning to make “Hi, I’m a Kapeefer!” into my ringtone for a long time, but am too afraid of all the tedious explaining I would have to do to friends, family, and strangers if I did so. 😀
You know you’re a Kapeefer when you read the verse in Psalm 91 that says “He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler” and instead of…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I like R names too! *whips out the baby names book which is kept at the end of the bed in case of emergency character namings* Brace yourself.
I super love the names Roy and Rowan, I don’t know why, they’re just awesome. Also, Ren, Raidon, Ransome, Ramin, Raven, Raymond, Rivers, Rolf, Ryu….etc, etc.
In other names that don’t…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia The peace offering basket would not be complete without chocolate. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia I’m eighteen at present – but I’m going to be nineteen in exactly one week. 🙂
That’s cool! We’ve adopted eight so far and are in the process of adopting again. How many kids are in your family?
@filewriterbase13x In order not to take over your topic with our own conversation I will include you in it by asking you the same question: H…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Introducing Myself in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I am fifteen, and I really like your name too. I always burst into giggles when see your signature! Its so funny! Good to meet you.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m honoured that my exceeding wit has brought you much pleasure. All right, then I shall. 😀 I’ve been collecting some prompts to put on the page.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, my absolute favorite guy’s name at present is Kenneth. “R” names are next on the list. What are your favorite names?
@alia Sorry you missed it, but I’m going to be starting the musical war now. 😀
Seekjustice, did you get a chance to listen to anything from Carousel on your trip to town the other day? You said you usu…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
But anyway, we can put aside our differences and be twins.
You have been making me laugh aloud excessively lately. 😀 You should actually put that in the writing prompts topic.
@alia I’m usually on around this time too. Hope to see you tomorrow!
@catwing DO NOT BETRAY ME!!! 😀 (*winks* But you could tell her that my books are ama…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine I guess K does have a nice ring to it, I like the name too. it wasn’t even meant to be shortened to Kai, it just happened. I think actually, his name being Malakai at all and being shortened to Kai can be attributed to Catwing…maybe? I was going to call him Malachi, but I thought it sounded really old fashioned, and Catwing liked…[Read more]
- Load More
