Create-a-story

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Lunar Inklings
    @bekreations
      • Total Posts: 45

“If Fren won’t go, I will.”  I put a hand to my spinning head and take a deep breath.  It aches to breathe and my legs are stiff, but my mind is made up.  I can’t leave the Stone there.  I’d lost it before and my parents had given their lives to find it.  Even though it’s hidden well, deep in the Ravine, the enemy could be searching for it.  Even now.

Akira looks at me hard and seems to make a decision.  “I’m coming with you.”

I take a breath.  “Help me up.”  Akira steadies me, then grabs a knapsack sitting in the corner by the door while Fren skeptically eyes her.

I make my way towards the door as Akira opens it, but a hand on my shoulder stops me.  I turn my head.

“The King be with you,” Fren whispers with a grim expression.

Reader, Writer, Arter (oops I mean Artist)

bekreations.wordpress.com

Ingrid
      @ingridrd
        • Total Posts: 830

@bekreations  Ooh!  Me likey.  🙂 🙂

*can’t think of anything to write*  I’ll let someone else…

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Ariel Ashira
        @ariel-ashira
          • Total Posts: 739

@ingrid @everybody-else-cant-remember…

“The King be with you,” Fren whispers with a grim expression.  He puts his hand on my shoulder for a brief moment, and then turns back inside.

Akira and I limp out the door.  Its already dusk, and the forest looks dark and foreboding.  It takes half an hour of limping before we reach the ravine, exhausted and heaving with the effort.  We gaze down into the shadowy depths of the Great Ravine.

Its to late.

Already we can see the flicker of torches far below.  The enemy is searching for the stone.  My heart sinks like the sun that is getting lower and lower in the sky.  But my parents risked everything for the stone.  So would I.

I turn to Akira.  “Where is the safest place down?”

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
          @ariel-ashira

@ingridrd why do I always forget the correct tags…

"In a mask, was he?"

Alia
            @alia
              • Total Posts: 1253

“The King be with you,” Fren whispers with a grim expression. He puts his hand on my shoulder for a brief moment, and then turns back inside.

Akira and I limp out the door. Its already dusk, and the forest looks dark and foreboding. It takes half an hour of limping before we reach the ravine, exhausted and heaving with the effort. We gaze down into the shadowy depths of the Great Ravine.

Its to late.

Already we can see the flicker of torches far below. The enemy is searching for the stone. My heart sinks like the sun that is getting lower and lower in the sky. But my parents risked everything for the stone. So would I.

I turn to Akira. “Where is the safest place down?”

“You are not going down there. You are hurt, and your parents would never forgive me if I let go down in this condition.”

“Well, it’s a good thing that we’re the only ones who will know what’s going on.” I say with a smirk, quickly replaced with a grimace. Akira looked at me, but must have realized I was going to go down one way or another, with or without her.

“Fine, but you follow my instructions, you hear?”

WIP - Decisions
              Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Alia
              @alia

(story so far)

I wake to the sound of rustling grass and the smell of blood. Only, I can’t see anything, not even when I open my eyes.

“Did we win?” I mumble breathlessly.

Akila wipes stray hairs away from her face. “Yeah, why?”

I grunt, struggling to sit up. “If we won, why am I bleeding?”

“When you got stabbed the enemy, everyone was so surprised they managed to hit such an amazing fighter they stopped and stared allowing us to take them by surprise and win.”

“Really?”

“No.”

“Akila, what is this thing on my eyes?”

“It’s a blindfold, of course.”

“Why is there a blindfold on my head if I’m bleeding?”

Akira tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. “So you wouldn’t see your own blood and faint. But it looks like you managed to push it away. I’m begging you, right now, do not look at yourself.”

I glance down.

I see red.  Literally.  Who did this to me? my mind starts whirling but then my head begins to buzz and I no longer need the blindfold to cover my eyes, for I can’t even see with them open.  The last thing I remember is Akira’s startled shout.

Pain. It’s all that is real in this world of misery. Sometimes I feel gentle hands bathing my wounds, but then the pain comes again and I let myself fall back into darkness.

Between periods of unconsciousness, I hear mumbling voices above me, including my brother’s voice. I feel warmth from the bathing water and from the fire, which I hear crackling to my left.

I must be back at Fren’s hideout. I think dimly. How did I get here? I open my eyes to see my brother’s snarling face.

“You made it, course you did. You always have to steal the glory.”

I wince at him. “Did it ever occur to you that I was almost killed?”

“Of course.” He scowled at his muddy boots. “I thought you were dead, until those people dragged you in here.” He looked me in the eye. It was that stare, that if stares could kill, I would have died two minutes ago.

With a flutter of blonde hair Akira jumps between us. “Fren! Settle this some other time, for goodness’ sake!” I push myself up onto my feet, trying to ignore the pain in my head. “Where do you think you’re going?” Akira asks, pushing me back onto the bed. Tears begin to form in my eyes.  I pull myself up again with trembling hands and forse my eyes to focus.  “The Ravine.”

Akira’s blond head shakes back and forth.  “Are you out of your mind?”

“Please!”

“No.  You can’t.  Just look at yourself!  I know you want to get it, but its to way to dangerous.  For anyone, let alone someone it the condition your in.  You cant even think straight!”

I close my eyes.  I might be scared of myself, but I am not out of my mind.  I knew very well the consequences of leaving it there.

“If Fren wont go, I will.”

I put a hand to my spinning head and take a deep breath. It aches to breathe and my legs are stiff, but my mind is made up. I can’t leave the Stone there. I’d lost it before and my parents had given their lives to find it. Even though it’s hidden well, deep in the Ravine, the enemy could be searching for it. Even now.

Akira looks at me hard and seems to make a decision. “I’m coming with you.”

I take a breath. “Help me up.” Akira steadies me, then grabs a knapsack sitting in the corner by the door while Fren skeptically eyes her.

I make my way towards the door as Akira opens it, but a hand on my shoulder stops me. I turn my head.

“The King be with you,” Fren whispers with a grim expression. He puts his hand on my shoulder for a brief moment, and then turns back inside.

Akira and I limp out the door. Its already dusk, and the forest looks dark and foreboding. It takes half an hour of limping before we reach the ravine, exhausted and heaving with the effort. We gaze down into the shadowy depths of the Great Ravine.

Its to late.

Already we can see the flicker of torches far below. The enemy is searching for the stone. My heart sinks like the sun that is getting lower and lower in the sky. But my parents risked everything for the stone. So would I.

“You are not going down there. You are hurt, and your parents would never forgive me if I let go down in this condition.”

“Well, it’s a good thing that we’re the only ones who will know what’s going on.” I say with a smirk, quickly replaced with a grimace. Akira looked at me, but must have realized I was going to go down one way or another, with or without her.

WIP - Decisions

Alia
                @alia

I just realized that Akira’s name was originally Akila…

WIP - Decisions

Lunar Inklings
                  @bekreations

@alia  Oh, yeah…  oops

Alia
                    @alia

@bekreations, I think it was everyone except for whoever originally named her. should we put together a peace offering basket? maybe with some raspberries and clichés?

WIP - Decisions

Ariel Ashira
                      @ariel-ashira

@alia The peace offering basket would not be complete without chocolate. 😀

"In a mask, was he?"

Lunar Inklings
                        @bekreations

@alia @ariel-ashira  yes!  Who was the story starter again?

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine
                            • Total Posts: 3322

@bekreations I believe the story starter was @ingridrd and the person who first named the girl was @catwing

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Lunar Inklings
                            @bekreations

@rochellaine Oh, yeah.  @catwing  Sorry.  Please accept the above peace offering

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine
                                • Total Posts: 3322

I groan, but agree, if only to get a moment’s peace.  I don’t need to tell her that if I think of a better way I might just do my own thing regardless.  I’ve been part of the Stone Rebellion for three years longer than she has, so of course I’ll have better plans.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Alia
                                @alia

I groan, but agree, if only to get a moment’s peace.  I don’t need to tell her that if I think of a better way I might just do my own thing regardless.  I’ve been part of the Stone Rebellion for three years longer than she has, so of course I’ll have better plans.

We backtrack to a stream, then follow to a different path down into the ravine. It wasn’t as direct a route, but this way at least we wouldn’t be seen

WIP - Decisions

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 123 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >