@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Already we can see the flicker of torches far below. The enemy is searching for the stone. My heart sinks like the sun that is getting lower and lower in the sky. But my parents risked everything for the stone. So would I.
I turn to Akira. “Where is the safest place down?”
“You are not going down there. You are hurt, and your parents would never…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@bekreations I believe the story starter was @ingridrd and the person who first named the girl was @catwing
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young Well, aren’t you the romantic one! 😀 That’s great, because I’m extremely romantic as well, so…probably! I am what they call a pantser, so I never know the details of what will happen until I write it, but I’m trying to plan ahead a little for this one. I promise he will save her at least once or twice, though, even if he doesn’t e…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young Oh, I just meant it died for a few minutes. 🙂 I was able to start it back up again after taking the battery out and putting it back in again. But my computer has been acting up lately, so I’m planning on saving everything on a flash drive from now on so I don’t lose everything if my computer really dies!
I haven’t decided yet w…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Book Titles! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira Those titles are amazing! I’m sure I’d pick the book up to read the back or skim through it.
(I’d never take an idea unless it was offered me…except if I really wanted to? JK 😀 Your titles are safe.)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young *weeps* It was coming along fine, but my computer suddenly up and died on me and I lost a couple of paragraphs. A couple of paragraphs isn’t all that much, but it was at a part that was very boring – one of those “bridge” parts between exciting things. So in probably half a page I can have a great time writing for a while when the e…[Read more]
-
Ingrid and
Ariel Ashira are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago -
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Book Titles! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk @rochellaine @seekjustice @alia
@princessfoo @kaya- young @ingridrd @dekreel @dragon- snapper
What do you think of the titles “The Last Tomorrow” and ” Where the Vultures Gather”? They ate two titles I thought of for some present day stories I want to write.
( Dont take those ideas!) 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@filewriterbase13x Oh, I forgot you haven’t watched the video yet! @dekreel can you please give this person the link to the milking puppies video?
The comic is based on a couple of the Kapeefer jokes, as is the rest of the KP lit on that site and if you watch the video it will make more sense.
-
Ingrid and
filewriter@base13x are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago -
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@daughteroftheking, I am glad you think so. I love telling people about my book, but the problem is that I can’t really say very much. It’s all twined together, which makes it a great story, but also hard to talk about it without revealing a lot. That’s why I still haven’t written my synopsis.
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, haha. It’s fine. We only have two. Me and my younger brother.
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@supermonkey42, thank you. Yes, I do really like Sci-fi. I like a lot of genres, but Sci-fi is probably my favorite for now. Actually it might tie with fantasy. Anyways,…
Haha, yeah. I already was there.
Oh, and, @rochellaine, I liked the comic. Raspberry ice cream from puppies. And here I thought ice cream came from cows in Antarctica.
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia, thank you. Um… OK, I don’t want to sound dumb, but I have no idea what a Meyer’s Brigg personality type is. What is it? What’s Meyer’s Brigg?
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal, oh yeah. I started that, but got sidetracked. GOOD JOB! At least so far. Like I said, I started it. I will definitely go back to it. 😃
-
Ingrid replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 Oh! Pick me! Pick me!
I am a Shield-wolf (a species of human that can turn into a wolf at will, usually for defense). I look like my profile picture and my name is Amber. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Titles! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Thanks again! I like the statement too, it’s true and it’s really comforting, because in light of infinity, what are our little tiny problems? We can trust them to God because he is greater than even the stars and the moon and sun!
I had a lot of fun writing it! I’m working on the sequel at the moment which is a retelling of A…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Titles! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Thanks! Basically it was trying to capture the idea that the stars are infinite, as in they will exist for as long as the universe does, but that God outlasts infinity. My book is a dystopian retelling of Les Miserables, and the title is part of a longer quote from a section of Les Mis.
…lovers hide in the evening, in the tw…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Okay! See you tomorrow! (And you too Bobert. Sleep well).
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice It’s only about half and half here. It can also depend on the setting, whether it’s business or casual. My dad’s the only one in the family who has a nickname. 😀
I think I’ll have to go now. Especially since now that I have my little friend Bobert to take care of. It’s definitely got to be past his bedtime! 🙂
See you tomorrow?
- Load More
