Contemporary Western Novel

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Contemporary Western Novel

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@notawriter That should be the new KaPeeFer motto: “Just a tag away!” 😀

Okay, conflicting goals:  I think I could do different, but parallel goals, but not conflicting goals.  I think if they had conflicting goals there is no reason they should even consider being together.  If I met a guy who was a missionary or a doctor I would immediately think he could be nothing but a friend, because I don’t want to be a missionary, and I have a horror of anything medical. 😀  An issue to work through would be great, though, and I’ve got kind of an idea of how that would work.  I think people who have issues with each other’s behavior can work them out, but people with conflicting goals should not get married, because they will each end up going in the opposite direction to fulfill their own goal.  A wife’s goal should be to support her husband, and if she has a goal that will bring him down the marriage will not be a biblical marriage.  I think I could make him have a minor character issue though.

Oh, they will be together by the end!  😀 😀 I only meant that they aren’t going to decide a week in that they want to be boyfriend/girlfriend.  He will semi-pursue her, and she will fall for him, but it won’t be until the very end that they will define their relationship.  What can you do in a few weeks or a month, when you just met each other?  I mean, he can’t even meet her family, since they are back on the East Coast. 🙂 (I’m assuming you’re American and know the difference between Las Vegas and the East Coast.  Most people from outside the U.S. have no idea how large it is.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

The fledgling Artist
      @notawriter
        • Total Posts: 328

@rochellaine Yes I agree! But what if they had the same goals, but different opinions on how to accomplish them? *Shrug* 🙂

And yeah im in the USA haha. Good good.
        Having them get together for the end will make your ending more satisfying. *cackles* 😀

and I was so confused

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17
          • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine I agree too. more conflict makes things more interesting *rubs hands together*

I’m in the USA too. 😊

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
          www.jennaterese.com

Kaya Young
          @kaya-young
            • Total Posts: 272

@rochellaine  How is the novel going?

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
            http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@kaya-young *weeps* It was coming along fine, but my computer suddenly up and died on me and I lost a couple of paragraphs.  A couple of paragraphs isn’t all that much, but it was at a part that was very boring – one of those “bridge” parts between exciting things.  So in probably half a page I can have a great time writing for a while when the excitement starts, but right now I am really annoyed that I have to rewrite those paragraphs. 🙁

SPOILER ALERT! I got the perfect idea for an argument between Derek and Chara later in the book, though.  And for the part where they make up…no, I won’t tell you any more. 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kaya Young
              @kaya-young

@rochellaine  I’m so sorry! that’s really tragic about your computer. 🙁

WHAT??? They argue? “the part where they make up”?? The suspense is killing me!

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@kaya-young Oh, I just meant it died for a few minutes. 🙂  I was able to start it back up again after taking the battery out and putting it back in again.  But my computer has been acting up lately, so I’m planning on saving everything on a flash drive from now on so I don’t lose everything if my computer really dies!

I haven’t decided yet whether Chara should be kidnapped or not.  What do you think?  I could do with or without the kidnapping.  Would you like it if some big bad horse stealers kidnapped her? 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kaya Young
                  @kaya-young

@rochellaine   That’s fine with me! Ohhh… Can Derek save her?

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@kaya-young Well, aren’t you the romantic one! 😀  That’s great, because I’m extremely romantic as well, so…probably! I am what they call a pantser, so I never know the details of what will happen until I write it, but I’m trying to plan ahead a little for this one.  I promise he will save her at least once or twice, though, even if he doesn’t exactly when(and if) she’s kidnapped.

Remember, he has a gun…

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

Hello friends!  After a short break during which I wrote barely anything and mostly worked on planning the book, I’ve finally started actually writing it!  So I have the next short section done, (I haven’t separated anything in chapters yet, so I’m just calling it sections,) and am editing it a bit myself, but would like some beta readers to edit for me if possible.

Would any of you like to do so?  Tagging a few of you who talked with me about this idea when it was just beginning: @kaya-young @valtmy @notawriter @jenwriter17

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kaya Young
                        @kaya-young

@rochellaine   *faints with excitement* *recovers so she can read what you have written*

Sure!

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@kaya-young Great!  Give me about fifteen minutes to finish my own non-extensive edits, and then I’ll link you to a google document, okay?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kaya Young
                            @kaya-young

@rochellaine  Sure! That sounds great. 🙂

Jenna Terese
                              @jenwriter17
                                • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine *jumps up and down with raised hand* ooh! ooh! me too! 😀

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                                www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@kaya-young Sorry!  That took way longer than I expected.  But I’ve been having trouble with my google documents lately in that I simply can’t restrict access at all!  Every link I share allows immediate editing access to anyone.  I’d rather have you request access like @jenwriter17 did with her document, but mine just won’t change to that kind of restriction anymore.

Could you try this link to a blank test document?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >