-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Funny, that just happened to me, too. Let me try again…
-
Alexa Autorski started the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
(I’m sincerely sorry if y’all got this duplicated…)
I’m not entirely certain how to word this, but here’s my question: how should I portray a character reading the Bible even though my story is in a fantasy world? I want to include strong Christian elements in my novel, though I can’t help but feel a little nervous since it’s fantasy and take…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski started the topic in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
I’m not particularly sure how to word this, but here is my question: how should I write about a character reading the Bible if they’re in a fictional world? I want to include strong Christian elements in my novel, though I can’t help but feel a little nervous since it’s fantasy and takes place in a different world. Would it be odd to write about t…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic What's your process of creating a main character for your story? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 6 months ago
@kathleenramm Yeah, I like making my characters based on me! They are not that similar to me though, like at ALL, they maybe have a similar personality detail or mannerisms as I do and that’s pretty much it. XD It explains why one of my MCs, Bren, has the same personality type as me though. (ENFP-T, but she’s crazier. Like, way, way, crazier.)…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic Hallo! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 6 months ago
@buildsbygideon Sorry I’m late to this (again). XD If you use my little tag thingy under my profile picture,( @scripter-of-kingdoms ) when you reply to me it’ll notify me. 🙂
Ooooo, I’m so glad you’re liking it!!! Hahaha, well, if Indorsia counts as another world, you might say that’s true 😉 It’s a super good book and I’m so glad you’re liking…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Fortitude, Ch. ~ 4 and 5 Reading Request in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 6 months ago
Oh, you don’t have to apologize!! Yay, I’m so happy you’re wanting to read them!!! 😀 😀 😀 Thank you so much, I look forward to your feedback!!:) And totally take your time with them–my chapters are very long, so there’s no rush! Thank you so much!!!!!!:)
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic NaNoWriMo HQ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Thank you so much!! I LOVE yours as well!! 😀 Your writing style is phenomenal!!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic NaNoWriMo HQ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Yes, that would be awesome!! I love the medieval aesthetic in books, so it sounds like one I would particularly enjoy!! 😀 😀 Aww, thank you!! And ditto!! 😉 It just makes me smile that another person wants to fangirl over my story, like WHAT? That means so much to me, I can’t put it into words (or exclamation points)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic NaNoWriMo HQ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Thanks for confirming that XD I usually edit my posts and am never sure whether or not it’s going to disappear… *sigh* And yes, I don’t know how I’m going to start a new story with new characters *sniffles* I’ll feel like I betrayed Caira and her crew. But I think our first-ever characters will always hold special places in our…[Read more]
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
I’ll tag some other people so they can check out this topic:
@imwritehere1920 @ribbonash @buildsbygideon @not-so-secret-secret-assassin @lewilliams @hallie-jean @katniss-everdeen @lucy @godlyfantasy12 @jenwriter17 @millennium
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
@daisy-torres A writing sprint?!?!?! I’M ALL UP FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!😀😄 CWW was so much FUN!!!!!!!!! *whispers with you* go Team Fire🔥 That so cool that you started this topic on KP!!!!!!!! I’ll volunteer for your leaderboard. This is AWESOME!!!! I love sprinting!!!!!😀
Plus, my WIP could use it. -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
You’re welcome! Oooh AWESOME!!!! Then my volunteering offer still stands!!!! <333
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Thank you!!:) I’m happy to try it out!! Oh, and I normally write around 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time Zone, in case anybody was curious 🙂
-
Kads replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
@daisy-torres ooOooOo!! Count me in!!! If anyone wants to race/sprint with me, I’m usually available from like 10 am CST to 12 or 1 pm CST. And also sometimes in the evening. 😀 I also have a first draft due in June, so this will be quite helpful!!!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic NaNoWriMo HQ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
I thought I’d share my first and last lines I’ve written today 🙂 :
First
He pointed to the fleck of white on the map in the middle of the Aldovian kingdom, where the imperial palace was at the heart of the corners of the four Meridians.
Last
Caira didn’t hear what more was said, because she had already begun to drown in her thoughts of…
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic NaNoWriMo HQ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Aw, I’m sorry, girl! I can definitely understand being stressed over school. But I promise it’ll be okay and you’ll hit a break eventually:) But don’t push yourself too hard–even if you don’t make your word count, you still made progress, and that’s all that NaNo is about:) So don’t feel bad if you don’t hit your goal–just do what you…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Hey, this is a great idea!! Especially with doing NaNoWriMo currently, this would be a huge benefit to me!! Great topic!!:) I may be able to sprint soon 😉
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
YESSS!!!! WE HAVE A WRITING SPRINTTTT!!!!!! If anyone sprints from around 4 – 8 P.M. EST on Tuesdays through Sundays TOTALLY tag me in!!!! I try to write around that time but *cough* kinda end up doing other things. *innocent smile* Anyway I have no idea what a leaderboard is, but I’ll TOTALLY volunteer to help ya with it!
Oh and…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic NaNoWriMo HQ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Thank you SO MUCH for writing that review for me!! It’s definitely swayed me into wanting to read the series now–it’s been forever since I’ve read for enjoyment, so thank you for the recommendation!! Oh, I understand the chronological order thing, so don’t worry XD It sounds like a book I would be interested in, so I’ll probably read…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic NaNoWriMo HQ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
So my post disappeared… *sigh* Would you mind telling me if you got it in your notifications? I can always re-send it if you didn’t. I went to make some edits and it was gone 🙁
- Load More
