NaNoWriMo HQ

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Abigail.M.
    @abigail-m
      • Total Posts: 1242

Alright, so I hope it’s okay to make a whole topic just for this, but basically, the title says it all for this month’s NaNoWriMo.
      I’m not sure if anyone else is doing NaNo this year, so mainly tagging @writerlexi1216, but anyone who does join is 100% welcome:)

Abigail.M.
      @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

First of all, TODAY”S THE FIRST DAY OF NANOWRIMO!!! So *shakes hands* *fires starting pistol* We’re off!!! We can totally do this!!!:D
        Second of all, I kinda figured with this whole crazy/awesome month, it might make things slightly easier to keep track of if we moved conversations and updates and stuff into this topic:) (That is if you don’t mind of course). And we’ll be able to update each other on how our novels are coming, shares pieces from them, encourage and cheer each other on, that sort of thing:) Maybe at some time, we can even do timed writing together when we can!:)
        So anyway, all the best of the best of writerly wishes!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Alexa Autorski
        @writerlexi1216
          • Total Posts: 1011

@abigail-m

YAY!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Happy NaNoWriMo starting day!!!!!!!! WE CAN DEFINITELY DO THIS TOGETHER!!! *shakes hand* *stretches fingers* Writing, here I come!!! Oh, that sounds like an amazing idea!:) That would keep track of things a lot better, because I have a feeling I’m not going to be very organized this month… *sigh* YES! That’s the perfect-est idea ever!! Oooh, I’ve never done a timed writing with somebody before, but I’d love to!! Ahhhh this is going to be the adventure of a lifetime 😉 And you as well–I wish you the very best of writerly wishes!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NANOWRIMO, HERE WE COME!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Abigail.M.
          @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

Yeah, I don’t feel the most organized myself, *double sigh*.

I’m glad you like this idea and hey, I saw your NaNo word count AWESOME JOB GIRL!!!:D As soon as I post this, I’m going to see if I can’t make today’s word count, (which is technically 1,667 *sigh* but you are doing SO much better on your first day than I did in my first two days last year!:)

Alexa Autorski
            @writerlexi1216

@abigail-m

Yup. Definitely not a dedicated plotter XD Oh well. *sigh* And yes, of course! Thank you so much!:) I’m hoping to add to it throughout the day so that I can hit the glorious 1,667 words, but we’ll see what happens. I’m taking a break from Caira’s POV and currently writing from my antagonist’s POV (which is making me remember how much I love him lol), so that’s been interesting. Aww, thank you! And I know you’ll be able to reach the word count!! I have full faith in you (and your story)!! 😀 I was wondering: how does it feel writing the second draft of a story? Is it any easier or harder?

Linyang Zhang
              @devastate-lasting
                • Total Posts: 1700

@abigail-m Ey this it cool! I’m not doing it really this year but I did pledge 45k words in one of my projects… Good luck everyone!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                Would you mind letting me know
                If hours don't turn into days

Abigail.M.
                @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

I’m sure you can do it! I mean either way you are doing SO much better than I did last November, (I actually considered writing a different novel entirely then). Ooh, that sounds like a lot of fun writing from your antagonists POV, (since I already write omniscient, I guess I don’t get to switch POVs XD ). Thank you so much!

Hmm, well tbh it’s both easier and harder. Easier because I have somewhat of a grip on my characters, setting and have some solid scenes. Harder because I wrote the whole first draft without a main conflict and because I’m half starting over. So it kind of evens out to just as hard/easy as it was the first time:)

Abigail.M.
                  @abigail-m

@devastate-lasting

Thank you!!:)

Alexa Autorski
                    @writerlexi1216

@abigail-m

Thank you so much!! 😀 And I definitely believe the same for you!! I know that you can do it, because #1, you’re such a super talented writer (understatement), and #2, I know that God’s going to help you with your amazing story!! 😉 *cheers* Oh, really? Wow, that shows how much progress you’ve made! Well done! And yes, it’s been a lot of fun writing from his POV and taking a break from Caira’s. I actually have three villains, but… that’s a spoiler. I still think writing omniscient is very neat, though! Personally? I love reading omniscient!! So you go, girl!! 🙂 We can do this!!

@devastate-lasting

Thank you, Lin!! 🙂 And good luck to you too!!

Abigail.M.
                      @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

(Okay, so technically this belongs in the dialogue topic, but I moved it here  I hope you don’t mind, because if you do, we can move it back to other topic. Either way is totally fine with me:)

Ikr? I love writing plots twists, (my characters disagree with me, but thankfully I’m safe on this side of the page/screen XD ). Hmm, I’m not sure if I told you this one or not, it’s the one where Anton goes blind, (thank goodness I’m on this side of the screen, since Anton is like a brother/almost best friend to Mejia, I wouldn’t be all that safe).

Your encouragement is also the greatest thing ever! 😀 And oh yes, definitely. I’m going to hold you to that;) I mean, an autographed copy of Fortitude? Who’d be crazy enough not to want one?! And I’ll definitely  give you a free signed copy of TSW too if you still want:)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Abigail.M..
                        • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Abigail.M..
                        Abigail.M.
                        @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

Thank you!!! It’s also an understatement when I say that your an awesomely talented writer!:D And, wait, THREE villains?! I LOVE spoilers and that’s an awesome one!!!

I love reading omniscient too:)

Alexa Autorski
                          @writerlexi1216

@abigail-m

No, you’re perfectly okay!! I don’t mind one bit!! 🙂 I love this topic so much!! And YES, plot twists are great to write, but unfortunately, they can be tough. I still haven’t written the scene fully where Caira and Deek find out they’re twins in chapter three… *sigh* But that’s okay. And I know, I’m so thankful to be on this side of the screen because, if not, my characters would have held me captive and threatened to take away my laptop if I didn’t stop writing the story… Oh well. And *gasps* YES, I HEARD YOU MENTION THAT ONE! That’s just so sad for him, poor Anton! How does he go blind? (Don’t feel obligated to answer if you don’t want to, but I’m so curious!) And aww, I already love Anton and Mejia’s relationship that he’s like a brother to her! I love those types of relationships so much:)

*laughs* Yup, I’ll hold myself to that, too. *crosses heart* You have my word that you’ll get one! 😉 And *gasps* A FREE SIGNED COPY?! YES!! Thank you x 1,000!!! I’ll proudly display it on my bookshelf and clean it every single day so it never gets a speck of dust!:) Not that it would anyways, because I’ll totally read through it multiple times.

Alexa Autorski
                            @writerlexi1216

@abigail-m

Aw, thank you!!:) And yes, three villains (all of them belonging to the royal family)… 😉 Thanks! I never talk about my villains much because there’s just so many spoilers… *sigh*

ella
                              @nova21
                                • Total Posts: 604

@abigail-m

Heyo!  I’m gonna try this, but we’ll see how it goes with school… 😀  Can I join you and @writerlexi1216 on your NaNoWriMo group (if you have one) or just friend y’all?  My username is Chai❤.  Eeek, so excited!!!!!!!!

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                                -gladiator, 2000

Alexa Autorski
                                @writerlexi1216

@nova21

Of course, Ella! I’d love for you to join us! 🙂 Yes, I’ll send you a friend request shortly!:) I know, I’m so excited as well! Which WIP are you working on this month?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 190 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >