-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
@scripter-of-kingdoms @buildsbygideon @daisy-torres @abigail-m @anyone-else (Honestly, I’m not sure who would be writing at this time XD)
I’m spriting from :45 to :00. If anyone wants to write with me, feel free to jump in. 🙂
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic NaNoWriMo HQ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Aww, thank you!!! I’m smiling so hard right now–that’s just so sweet of you to say!!! 😀 😀 😀 *gives the biggest sigh ever* IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME THAT YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH! Yay, I haven’t even finished the book and it already has fans!!! <333 Aww, I’m glad to hear it touched you so much, but that wasn’t even half of how much I’m just…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic Fantasy Landscape/Character Design!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
@daisy-torres Thank you! A couple of my drawings are up here on KP actually (but they’re old, ugh). If you want I can show you some recent ones!
(k, i know that was random, but i love showing people my art.)
Ok, I’ll be able to get the forest, meadow, and castle in the picture, but not the mirrors. 😂 I’m sorry! It’s really hard to get Artbreeder…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic NaNoWriMo HQ in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Agreed!:) And, now that I think of it, you never really say goodbye to your characters because you, as the authoress, can write about them whenever you like:) And *gasps* YAYAYAYAY, The Snow Warrior has a sequel and prequel!!! *claps* *internally screams* *throws confetti everywhere* I’M SO EXCITED FOR YOU (and for me, because that m…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Thank you, Grace, for this very helpful reply!!! 🙂 I knew that I wanted to interweave Christian elements into this story for that purpose, and maybe I can touch people’s hearts, even if it may only be a small way:) I try to write in deep, thoughtful life lessons for every one of my characters, so I thought it would be really special to…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Aww, your story sounds absolutely incredible!!! I love the metaphors you’re using, it makes it so interesting and unique:) And especially how the Bible is portrayed–that’s just so amazing and it makes me want to delve deeper into your story!! Thank you for your reply and for sharing that–it was very helpful and very much…[Read more]
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
@buildsbygideon No problem, Gideon!👍 Ooh, cool!!! May I ask what your book is about?
@daisy-torres Aww, you’re welcome!!!!<3 (YEESSS!!!! Go Fiah!🔥 XD) Me too!!! 😀
-
Katherine replied to the topic Suilad! I eneth nin Joelle. in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 6 months ago
@joelle-stone Hi!!!!😀 Welcome to Kingdom Pen!!!!! You’ll love it here!!!!!
Annddd, I can already tell we have a lot in common!😉 I love LotR (though sadly I haven’t gotten around to the books yet, but I hope to once I finish reading Little Women) and Ella Enchanted!!! I’m a list maker as well and I love the fantasy genre!!! Yep, totally love ranch…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character Chat! in the forum Characters 5 years, 6 months ago
Of course, girl!!! <3333 I think your story sounds incredible, and definitely one I would want to proudly display on my bookshelf (and will no doubt do someday)!!! 😉 Yes, I love the name! It’s so interesting and mythical-sounding, and very rarely do I find names in fiction that I love so much!!! And *sighs* that’s good to know–I…[Read more]
-
Katherine replied to the topic Character Chat! in the forum Characters 5 years, 6 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Awww, THANK YOU!!!!!!!😊 It means so much to me to hear you say that!!!!❤️ Thank you so much, Lexi!!!<3 I’m happy you like the name! Thank you!!!😀😀 Nope, not bad at all. It’s a good plot twist about who Tiana was before she became Palladin’s Fairy guardian. (I hope I didn’t spoil to much of the story for you.) YAY, thank you!!!! I…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Aww, thank you girl!!! That makes me so happy to know you like the idea:) And *gasps* that’s an incredible idea to have it in another language!! Would you mind if I did something similar?? If not that’s okay!! That’s another great idea to have it be like a ‘New World’ or something along those lines… I hadn’t thought of that! :D…[Read more]
-
Katherine replied to the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Girl, I do not think it’s odd to have your fantasy characters reading the Bible. I’ve got a fantasy world as well and they read the Bible. Since the Bible is all over the world in multiple languages, it makes your fantasy world feel more “real” to the reader if you include the Bible in their world as well. In my novel the charact…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Thanks, Lin!!:) You too!!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Thanks, Elizabeth!! I wasn’t entirely sure if I wanted to try it/if I could properly pull it off, but I think I’ll try. I knew I wanted to include Christian elements, so I thought this would be an interesting concept and sideplot:) *Phew!* I’m glad you think it wouldn’t be strange, because then I would’ve been more stumped XD And…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Thanks, Joy!! I’m so glad you think so!!:) Yay, thank you for sharing this incredible piece of advice!! It was immensely helpful, and I’m especially glad you pointed that out about incorporating Christianity into fantasy–I guess I don’t see much of that done, now that I think of it. Exactly, you worded that exceptionally well!:) A…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Thank you, Issa!! I was hoping that was a good decision to include, because I wanted to portray Christianity through this book and thought it would be an interesting idea:) And I think that’s an incredible idea–not using names but only referencing stories, or even some parables/lessons that Jesus taught without going into detail.…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Thank you, Jen, for your helpful reply!!! That’s an interesting thought to consider, and would work well with combining the two of them:) Thank you! And I like the idea of an allegory, using characters to represent Jesus. Great idea!:)
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Thank you for your reply, Lin!!:) And that’s a great help: I wanted to include the Bible because that would work well with my character’s arc of becoming a Christian, though I wasn’t sure if that would be odd. So thank you for clarifying, and yes, I’ll keep that in mind!! I wanted to give the idea that heaven and hell still…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic Fantasy Landscape/Character Design!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
@daisy-torres If only I could draw like that… *sighs* Anyways! Yeah, there can be some REALLY weird stuff that comes out of Artbreeder XD I find just messing around with it the best way to go, or breeding from other people’s images. Yay, I’m glad you did!! 😀 If you want I can make one for you!! <33
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writing about the Bible in a Fictional World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Okay, my comment disappeared so let me try this again. 😉
First off, I think your ideas about the Christian elements and atheist who converts to Christianity are AWESOME ideas!!!!!! I LOOVE how you’re going to include it in your novel.
Second, I think it’d be totally okay and not weird to include the Bible since Jesus and the…[Read more]
- Load More
