Suilad! I eneth nin Joelle.

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Suilad! I eneth nin Joelle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone
      • Total Posts: 57

Hi everyone! My name is Joelle Stone (obviously), and instead of repeating everything that I just put in my profile, I’ll just let you check that out if you’re interested. 😉 I am a regular on Story Embers (www.storyembers.org, totally check it out if you haven’t already) and was told by a friend somewhere else (ever heard of Adventures in Odyssey?) about Kingdom Pen. The site looks really good and I think it’ll be useful in my writing. 🙂

A few things about me:

1. I love making lists and am the Official List Maker.
      2. I write in the fantasy genre, very broadly speaking.
      3. My current WIP has something to do with my profile pic, but as of yet I have not written a blurb and really mangle it when I try to tell someone what it’s about. So.
      4. I use parentheses in my chatting – a lot. XD
      5. If you don’t like ranch dressing then we can never be friends (just kidding).
      6. I really enjoy playing casual volleyball or pretty much anything else active, even though I’m bad at them.
      7. I doubt I’ve ever seen more than 100 people in one spot.
      8. I have three African Dwarf Frogs name Erm, Erp, and Burble. They share a tank with my betta, Gildor, and my kuhli loach, Cecil.
      9. A few of my favorite words include erm, blergh, and gihugic, although conflubberated and OIAJCOIEJAOIEJRJUAOIJCF9EUANCIOJEIOAN!!! are pretty good, too.
      10. I have a hard time condensing things (ergo, this long post).

So… yeah! That’s me! 🙂

"Courage is found in unlikely places." -Gildor Inglorion

Katherine
      @mkfairygirl
        • Total Posts: 549

@joelle-stone Hi!!!!😀 Welcome to Kingdom Pen!!!!! You’ll love it here!!!!!

Annddd, I can already tell we have a lot in common!😉 I love LotR (though sadly I haven’t gotten around to the books yet, but I hope to once I finish reading Little Women) and Ella Enchanted!!! I’m a list maker as well and I love the fantasy genre!!! Yep, totally love ranch dressing! And I. absolutely. love. frogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😃 That’s so cool that you have three of them!!!!

Do you like The Frog Prince fairy tale? Have you ever read anything by E. D. Baker? Ok ok, I’ll ask better questions. XD What is your favorite fairy tale? What is your favorite Disney movie? If you could have any magical power, what would it be? Last question: do you have an adventure streak? Ok, so maybe my questions were a little ridiculous. XD

Anyways, it’s nice to meet you! 🙂

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
        Fall in love with Jesus

Kathleen
        @kathleenramm
          • Total Posts: 635

@joelle-stone

Hey! Welcome to the Kingdom Pen forum!

Ah, I love Story Embers! They’re really awesome, and I’m friends with some of the people who are a part of the team there.

Have I heard of Adventures in Odyssey? I was pretty much raised by it! XD We own all the tapes and CDs from 1990’s to the 2015. Yeah… that’s a lot of ice-cream and unlucky camping trips. Haha.

I love fantasy as well! One of my favorite genres along with slice-of-life type stories.

I’d love to hear more about your WIP! Here’s the link to the forum topic were we like to discuss anything and everything about our stories we are currently working on if you want to join, https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/wip-chat/

Couple questions before I go for now:

1. What are you top three favorite books?
          2. Who are you top three favorite fictional characters?
          3. And lastly and most importantly Penguins or Polar Bears?
          Lydia S.
          @lydia-s
            • Total Posts: 399

Hey! Welcome to the forum! I’m actually new as well, so I guess we’ll learn the ins and outs of this group together. 🙂

I completely agree; “erm” is a wonderful word! It’s so expressive.

So, I have to ask. Are you AQ from the AIO commenting pages? Because if so, I’m Bethel!!!

Linyang Zhang
            @devastate-lasting
              • Total Posts: 1700

@joelle-stone Hi there! I believe I’ve seen you on SE before, though I’m not that active anymore there. Lovely to make your acquaintance!

1. Lists are life

2. I also write fantasy! As well as crime and slice of life.

3. Your pfp looks really cool! If you ever come up with a blurb, I’d love to hear it!

4. And I use “…” way too much.

5. I love ranch dressing! Hadn’t had it since I was a child, though.

6. Ah, yes, sports, bane of my life. I do ballet, though!

7. Oh, I have. It’s…intense.

8. That sounds very, uh, cute! And wet.

9. Mood.

10. You’ll fit right in, I see!

Once again, welcome! Hope to see you around!

Lately, it's been on my brain
              Would you mind letting me know
              If hours don't turn into days

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1379

@joelle-stone

Hi, Joelle! You can call me JC. 🙂

I love making lists, too! I do it all the time while writing blog posts, plotting my stories… etc. And oh my goodness, I love ranch dressing! It makes any salad delicious. And that’s so cool you like to play sports. I play fast-pitch softball (my position is pitcher).

Your story sounds like it will be an epic one! Your profile pic is so cool. And the fantasy genre is awesome. I myself write in the Biblical fiction genre and am working on a novel about St. Paul’s sister and adopted nephew.

What are your favorite books? Mine are Les Misérables (as you can see from my signature, lol) by Victor Hugo, and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. They are both so insanely good that I can’t choose one over the other, so they both take the #1 spot.

So happy to see you joining the forum! Can’t wait to get to know you better!

Joelle Stone
                @joelle-stone

@lydia-s,

BETHEL!!! HELLO!

*sheepish smile* Yurp, you caught me. How’s it going? And should I call you Bethel or Lydia on here?

ella
                  @nova21
                    • Total Posts: 604

@joelle-stone

No way–it’s Joelle!!  Welcome to KP, girl, so glad you’re here!!!! 😃  Maybe you remember me from SE…?  I’m usually on KP more (smaller community and all that).  You’ll love it here, so glad you made it!

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                    -gladiator, 2000

Joelle Stone
                    @joelle-stone

@mkfairygirl,

Thanks for the exuberant welcome!

Do you like The Frog Prince fairy tale?

The real one or the Disney movie version? I haven’t watched the movie, but I liked the real one pretty well. 🙂

Have you ever read anything by E. D. Baker?

Ooh… *name rings a bell* I can’t remember! I think so? What books did he/she write?

What is your favorite fairy tale?

Cinderella. Hands down. It was totally influenced by the live action Cinderella and Ella Enchanted, but whatever.

What is your favorite Disney movie?

Hard question. Most of my favorite movies aren’t Disney. XD Probably the live-action Cinderella. 🙂

If you could have any magical power, what would it be?

Nooo!! This is the worst question for me to answer (my WIP has a whole race of powers, so… I might be a little obsessed…) Either being able to fly (kinda boring sounding, but I am a big fan of pretending to fly) or a Force-like thing.

Last question: do you have an adventure streak?

Hm. Let me think about that. YES. XD Just ask anyone in my family (or people who know me). 😛

Your turn! Answer all of the above. 🙂

Joelle Stone
                      @joelle-stone

@nova21,

Yeah, I totally remember you!! *waves excitedly* Hello! Thanks for the welcome!

Joelle Stone
                        @joelle-stone

@kathleenramm,

Ah, I love Story Embers! They’re really awesome, and I’m friends with some of the people who are a part of the team there.

Really?! That’s really swag. 🙂

Have I heard of Adventures in Odyssey? I was pretty much raised by it! XD We own all the tapes and CDs from 1990’s to the 2015. Yeah… that’s a lot of ice-cream and unlucky camping trips. Haha.

Oh cool!! I am still being raised by it. XD My family owns several of the tape albums and a couple random albums from the whole Novacom Saga, but we mostly use the AIO Club nowadays. Do you have the Club by any chance? I go by Aquarium on there. 🙂

I love fantasy as well! One of my favorite genres along with slice-of-life type stories.

Fantasy is so nice because of the almost-invisible-boundaries thing. You look at a blank page and you get this tingle in your hands and you think, “I hold the power here!” XD What’s a slice-of-life type story?

I’d love to hear more about your WIP! Here’s the link to the forum topic were we like to discuss anything and everything about our stories we are currently working on if you want to join, https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/wip-chat/

Cool! I’ll show up there momentarily. 🙂

What are you top three favorite books?

Oof. Can I do series? If so, then first and foremost Lord of the Rings, then The Wingfeather Saga (by Andrew Peterson), and a tie between Keeper of the Lost Cities (by Shannon Messenger) and 100 Cupboards (by N.D. Wilson). What about you?

Who are you top three favorite fictional characters?

Can I count my own? XD Erm, probably Samwise Gamgee is one (or Aragorn if movies count), Gollum is SO IMPRESSIVE, and Rudric ban Yorna is just about the coolest person ever. 🙂 Once again, what about you?

And lastly and most importantly Penguins or Polar Bears?

*starts sweating* The question of the century. *bites nails* I’ve… gotta go with polar bears. *winces* How about you?

Joelle Stone
                          @joelle-stone

@devestate-lasting,

Yay, another list-maker! XD And thanks for the very warm welcome!

Joelle Stone
                            @joelle-stone

@joy-caroline *cough cough* JC,.

Man, I bet you’re good at dodgeball. XD

Your story sounds like it will be an epic one! Your profile pic is so cool. And the fantasy genre is awesome.

Ha! Tell that to my tortured characters. 😛

I myself write in the Biblical fiction genre and am working on a novel about St. Paul’s sister and adopted nephew.

Oh, COOL!! I’ve always wanted to kinda get in that genre (I wrote some flash fiction for it a couple years ago for school which was a lot of fun), but I am too exhausted with my other stuff to stretch my brain in another direction. 😛

Nephew as in the one that helped Paul escape that ambush the Jewish guys set up for him in Acts? Neat!!

What are your favorite books? Mine are Les Misérables (as you can see from my signature, lol) by Victor Hugo, and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. They are both so insanely good that I can’t choose one over the other, so they both take the #1 spot.

Oof, I know that feeling. *wonders how many “favorite” characters I have* My favorite books are probably Lord of the Rings. I haven’t read Les Miserables, but I’m gonna read a short story by Victor Hugo in the not-too-distant-future for literature. 🙂 I’ve heard about To Kill a Mockingbird; what’s it about?

So happy to see you joining the forum! Can’t wait to get to know you better!

Yay, thank you!

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 1379

@joelle-stone

😂 I guess I am, because so far I’ve avoided any injury, although I have been hit before.

Biblical flash fiction sounds like a lot of fun! Yes indeed, that nephew! Since the Bible doesn’t mention his name, I named him Seth in the novel. Thank you!

I have heard so many good things about LotR. I really need to check them out sometime.

To Kill a Mockingbird is set in a small town, Maycomb, in Jim Crow South. It’s about a lawyer, Atticus Finch, who risks everything to defend an innocent black man accused of a terrible crime. The novel is told through the POV of Atticus’s little daughter. It’s a VERY moving book.

Joelle Stone
                                @joelle-stone

@joy-caroline,

Haha, lucky!! I’ve never been seriously hurt either (although I have been slammed in the face with a volleyball a couple of times), but I don’t do real sport sport stuff either since a few summers ago, sooo. 🙂

Yes! You MUST read LOTR!! It’s really good once you get into it (the beginning is a little tedious). Watch the movies, too!

Ooh, that does sound like a good book. *makes note to check it out*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >