Fantasy Landscape/Character Design!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fantasy Landscape/Character Design!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Kads
    @scripter-of-kingdoms
      • Total Posts: 765

Hello everybody!! 😉

Have you ever had a fantasy world or character in your head that you just wish you could actually see as a real person/scape?

Welp, y’all, look no further.

I stumbled upon a program similar to Photoshop recently, it is actually very easy to use and very quick too. It’s possible to make portraits (that can look either very real, like actual people, or on the artsy side) and landscapes with it – that look absolutely beautiful and real. Soooo, I was thinking – if any of you wanted a character or design done, you could request that! I’d like the request format to look like this, please:

Type: character/landscape

Description: describe the character or area in great detail, please

Name (optional): the name of your character or world

Genre: the genre the character/world is in

Additional notes/anything I should know? any notes you might have for me.

I’ll tag some peeps to get this topic started, woot!

@gracie-j
      @devastate-lasting @godlyfantasy12 @writerlexi1216 @seekjustice @scoutfinch180 @kathleenramm @abigail-m @mkfairygirl @issawriter7 @nova21 @lucy @r-m-archer @lewilliams @daisy-torres @hallie-jean @e-k-seaver @buildsbygideon @sorry-if-I-left-anyone-off-by-accident

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Kads.

staring at the fields
      if nothing's really real
      i'll make the winter now my home

Issabelle Perry
      @issawriter7
        • Total Posts: 976

@scripter-of-kingdoms

OOoh, this sounds really cool!!!! What is the program?

Type: character

Description: Uhh… soo this dude here in my mock cover makes me think a lot of my character, Colin, minus the mustache that is. 😉

Name: Colin James Carlson

Genre: well, Colin lives in Delbert, Florida (not a real place XD It’s complicated) but there’s also this fantasy world that the second and third books in the series will take place at more. Basically that’s the genies’ world and the main kingdom is Arthenlay, though there’s also a lot of scenes that take place in another kingdom called Castik. Basically, it’s kind of a blend between contemporary and fantasy.

Additional notes: Colin is sixteen and 1/4 Egyptian (though, I’ve been debating this and might change it to another arab country. Actually, that surprisingly doesn’t come up in the book at all. XD guys I’m all over the place right now XD).  Umm…I don’t really know. If you have any questions, you can ask me. This sounds SOO EXCITING!!!!!!!

And @ribbonash you might be interested in case you’re thinking about Smoke right now. XD *hint hint*

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
        TeenWritersNook.com

Issabelle Perry
        @issawriter7

Oh and @joy-caroline you might like this too!!!!

TeenWritersNook.com

Alexa Autorski
          @writerlexi1216
            • Total Posts: 1011

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Oh my goodness, this sounds amazing, thanks for tagging me!! 🙂 I’ll do a world for now (would it be okay if I did a character later? Because this sounds super fun!) I’m not the best at describing things, so forgive me! By the way, if you needed me to describe a specific town/city, I can do that, too.

Type: World

Description: Hmm, Aldova is very wooded, and has lots of cherry blossom trees (I love those:). It has lots of small villages and charming towns, mostly. Though, there are a few huge cities (including one in the sky, but that’s for the villains…). It has tons of mountains, beautiful lakes, and an ocean. And though I don’t have an official time period, it’s kind of a blend between medieval and present time. I usually invent my own time periods, so if that info helps, take what you make from that 🙂 If you need more details, let me know! Sorry I don’t have a very fancy way of explaining things… *nervous chuckle*

Name: Aldova

Genre: Very fantasy!!

Additional Notes : I don’t know if you’d use this (don’t feel like you have to, by no means) but you could incorporate twin moons, if you’d like! Other than that… *hmm*, nope, I think that’s it. But if you need more info, let me know! 🙂

Katherine
            @mkfairygirl
              • Total Posts: 549

@scripter-of-kingdoms Oooh, this is so COOL!!!!!!!!!😃 I’m curious, though, what is the program?

Type: character

Description: dark brown hair, slight beard, dark eyes, hairstyle similar to Flynn Rider from Tangled,

Name (optional): Palladin

Genre: fantasy (so, yes, he has magic)

Additional notes/anything I should know? Palladin is 19 years old and he always carries his sword.

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
              Fall in love with Jesus

Gracie J.
              @gracie-j
                • Total Posts: 1789

@scripter-of-kingdoms Girl, I am so excited about this already!!! I think I’ll go with a character for now, so let’s try one of my fantasy ones!

Type: Character!

Description: 5 foot 7, taller than average; 130 pounds, muscular but slender; chin-length curly honey-and-cream blond hair; upturned hazel (moss green, gold, amber, stormy grey) eyes framed by short, thick dark brown lashes; thick, angular dark brown eyebrows; low brow; high forehead; high cheekbones; angular jaw; aquiline nose; slightly crooked bottom teeth; fuller lower lip; beauty mark on upper right cheek; dimpled cheeks; smooth, slightly tanned, otherwise fair skin.

Name: Ayleth

Genre: Medieval/high/epic fantasy + romance + YA-ish

Additional notes: Ayleth is 18, very serious and regal looking, and would probably have some faint scars from battle on her face. She’d also be dressed very plain during training, but in an exquisite red gown when not. I think that’s everything!! Thanks so much!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Kads
                @scripter-of-kingdoms

@issawriter7 @mkfairygirl @gracie-j @writerlexi1216 The program is called Artbreeder! I’ll set to work on y’all’s charries and landscapes! Just a note, they do take me a bit of time to make, but with descriptions I should be able to do it. Thanks, all of you!! 😀

staring at the fields
                  if nothing's really real

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1379

@issawriter7

Thank you for the tag! I don’t have any fantasy WIPs though, but I will definitely be sticking around to see what awesomeness Grace can cook up for you guys’ designs!

Kads
                    @scripter-of-kingdoms

@issawriter7 K, so I tried to do Colin. It coulda been better, but I tried. XD I couldn’t get the hair to be very brown, and it looks like he’s kinda sunburnt, but eh. XD I hope you still semi like it at least though. I’m pasting a link so you can tinker with it if you want.

https://www.artbreeder.com/i?k=9746de91536411de4e19d231be1a

staring at the fields
                      if nothing's really real

Kads
                      @scripter-of-kingdoms

@issawriter7 I think I kinda butchered Colin. I’d like the chance to be able to try again. XD I know I can do better than that and am just getting started with it anyways. Sorry again. XD

staring at the fields
                        if nothing's really real

Abigail.M.
                        @abigail-m
                          • Total Posts: 1242

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Wow, this is so awesome Grace! This is super cool, I really appreciate you doing it:) Hmm, so hard to choose, but I’d love to see my WIP’s world:) so:

Type: world

Description: Birch Woods is a forest mostly made of birch (I guess the name made that obvious though XD ), there may be a few other gray/silvery colored trees here and there. Because of its location, it’s almost always winter there, so anywhere from six inches to a foot of snow everywhere. The land has plenty of rises and drops and sporadic outcropping of rock. There are some clearings amid the trees, but not many. The sky is almost always a very light grey color. For time periods, it is set in ancient Russia, (a more nomadic part of it). There are three primary lakes (that are mostly frozen) in Birch Woods, two smaller and one much larger that has a horse and rider-ish-shaped mountain in the center that’s riddled with caves. There are also two primitive wintery villages. One whose buildings are built off the ground on large poles, the second whose buildings are made of stone, (but these villages are very far apart). And ice isn’t an uncommon thing in Birch Woods either:)

Name (optional): Birch Woods

Genre: adventure fiction.

(Raised building example. You don’t have to include the village at all, but I thought I’d add this photo in case:)

Issabelle Perry
                          @issawriter7

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Haha, girl, like COMPLETELY relating over here!!!! The first things I ever make digitally don’t end up good. AT ALL! XD Anyway, you may definitely try again!! For your first one, you were totally headed in the right direction and I wouldn’t say you butchered Colin. And, girl, it really wasn’t as bad as you make it out to be!!! There’s ABSOLUTELY no need to apologize!!! Seriously! Colin’s a tough one and I probably shoulda stuck with Genie. When it comes to drawing my charries or making graphics for them, I normally just stick with Genie because she is SO much easier. But YOU’VE GOT THIS!!!!!!! And I still thought you did a FANTASTIC job on the first one!!!!!!!!! <333

TeenWritersNook.com

Issabelle Perry
                            @issawriter7

@joy-caroline

You’re welcome! That’s fine, though I don’t think it technically had to be fantasy. I know she said fantasy but it’s more if you’ve got some awesome charries or worlds you’d like to see come to life!!

TeenWritersNook.com

Kads
                              @scripter-of-kingdoms

@abigail-m Thank you! On it!

@issawriter7
                                *shudders* Yeah, I’m going to redo Colin. XD

staring at the fields
                                if nothing's really real

Gracie J.
                                @gracie-j
                                  • Total Posts: 1789

@scripter-of-kingdoms Yay!!! Well, I wouldn’t say I’m an authority on the subject at all, but I personally think that you did fantastic with Colin!!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >