-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
Yup, I’m actually having a hard time to get myself to write anything, so I’ll probably be here a while. 😉
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
Yup!! I’ll join at :30!!!
-
Alexa Autorski's profile was updated 5 years, 3 months ago
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic To edit or not to edit… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
Like Jenna said, I would recommend editing the first book before moving on to the sequel. I myself am writing a trilogy, and while I’ve outlined (loosely) all three books, I’m going to completely edit them one at a time before moving onward. That way, if you get new ideas or want to tweak the storyline a bit, you have the freedom to…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP First 3 Chapters in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 3 months ago
First of all, I think that’s so brave of you to be posting your first three chapters!! 🙂 I know it can be scary to let other people see your work, and it’s totally normal to feel nervous about this (I know I did), but I would LOVE to read through your chapters!! I can already tell you’re such a talented writer. 😉 And I love fantasy…[Read more]
-
Katherine replied to the topic In Search of Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@lewilliams I with ya, girl!! I want to read a WHOLE LOT more now that I’m off of school!!!!😜 Also, high-fives for getting a job at the library!!!!!! That’s so cool!!!!! 😀
So for book recommendations:
- Â The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen (this is the first book in The Ascendance Series)
- Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (this book is…
-
Kads replied to the topic In Search of Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
I got one book. Only one. But it is the best book you’re ever gonna read.
What We Found In The Sofa and How It Saved The World by Henry Clark.
I’m not gonna bother explaining it. I’ll sound insane if I do.
Just read it.
Make me happy.
And that is all I have to say.
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic In Search of Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
I just now realized you mentioned you already liked some of Tolkien and C.S. Lewis’ works (and owned TWS), so sorry about that. XD. Also, I just remembered: if you ever want to try out a nonfiction book, you could look into The Writer’s Journey. It helps you structure your story, figure out character roles, and also touches on the T…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic In Search of Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
*grins cheekily* *rubs hands together* Oh goodness, thank you for beginning such a lovely (and helpful) topic! You’re not the only one racking the shelves for good books. XD Anyways, I’d love to help you out if I could with finding some book recommendations, my dear writing friend. 😉 Though, I think we have similar taste, so most of…[Read more]
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@nanisnook Woo-hoo!!!! You did great!!!!! 😀
I’m . . . uh *cough* . . . getting a little writer’s block. So, I’m going to take a break now. My sorta last line is:
“Get to work!” I shouted.
Thank you so much for writing with me!!!!!!!! 😀
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@nanisnook Yes, absolutely!!!! 😀
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@lydia-s I just now saw this! (I wish I had seen it sooner ’cause I’ve been writing for an hour and a half. *face palm*) Anyway, if you’re still writing, I’ll join you!!! 🙂
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
THANK YOU!!!! Of course!!! It was fun!! <33
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@lydia-s @nanisnook @daisy-torres
Well, I’m gonna have to jump out at :13. I wrote 314 in a short story for @gracie-j writing prompt contest. 🙂 Last line:
And when I persisted, he grudgingly sent me here, saying if I found some gem, he would crown me king.
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
Awesome, then I’ll join at :50
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic In Search of Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@lewilliams Yeah, I get that. I’ve been trying to read more, too!!! Alrighty, *rubs hands together eagerly* I’m always down for giving out awesome recs. I don’t know if any of this will interest you, since I’m normally a loner in the books I enjoy. XD But I just recently read Fawkes by Nadine Brandes and Dust by Kara Swanson and they were SO…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
Are you still going?
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Introduction in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
Hi there! Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! My name is Alexa, though everyone calls me Lexi, and I’m glad to be the very first to welcome you to our little community! Would you care for some coffee? Here you are. *gives coffee mug* Wow, those are some interesting genres to write in (they sound really fun)! Do you have a favorite genre…[Read more]
-
Kads changed their profile picture 5 years, 4 months ago
-
Kads's profile was updated 5 years, 4 months ago
- Load More
