@annika-c
Active 5 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j Ooh…nice idea! Unfortunately I’m not quite one to have many items that fit stories…I’ll probably just try to make story/character aesthetics instead. I haven’t made many before…I like the idea, though.
-
Lin replied to the topic Today I read… in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j She was 19! Pretty crazy, right? But also gives us a lot of hope that maybe we too can write something just as good…
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@seekjustice I have a Zoom in a few minutes so…have fun with whatever you’re doing!
-
Lin replied to the topic Today I read… in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@seekjustice I read Frankenstein last year for school…it was quite interesting. Very impressive to me the age at which Shelley wrote the book.
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@millennium Congrats! Have fun!
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 Those collages look awesome! What dimensions do you use on Canva and how do you crop the images?
Also Taro looks super good imma just see myself out right now -
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Girl, those are gorgeous!!! Collages are so fun to make… 😃
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m participating in Crazy Writing Week and The Writer Games this month, and I’m working on training my writing muscles to write consistently as well, so that’s been fun. So…like three or four short stories/novellas and my regular WIP. It’s been super nice to be on top of things.
What about you?
-
Lin replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@abigail-m The 2014 Maleficent film was pretty good, from what I remember. But I was a kiddo back then so I don’t know if my judgement was good.
Trilogy? I think they’ve released five by now… I remember reading the last one first because I thought it wasn’t related. I have no memory of reading the rest, though, besides the first.
I should read…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes but I’ll probably be gone soon
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@millennium I used to outline my things, but for my current project I decided to try and pants the whole thing. I have the ending clear, as well as a few key scenes, but everything else will be left up to the spur of the moment.
I think for the middle parts I just usually feel my way along. You said that you have a clear start and an exciting…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@abigail-m Peter and the Starcatchers! It’s been forever since I read them, and I don’t remember which ones I read, but I remember liking them a lot!
-
Lin replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@larchness Oscar Wilde has some really good stuff; I’ll never forget “The Happy Prince”. Harry Potter’s probably one of the only fantasy series I’ve actually enjoyed, I don’t like that much high fantasy. If you haven’t checked out Bryan Davis’s Dragons in Our Midst series I would totally recommend that! One of the few Christian fantasy books that…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@larchness Ooh, brothers! I do love brother dynamics. And J.R.R. Tolkien is of course of the best.
What other fantasy books have you read?
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j Ah, thanks for your words! I appreciate you taking up the time to type up such a long post for me. Very good points, as well.
(Not gonna lie though at this point most of the Webtoons I read are romance so maybe, just maybe, I’m opening up to the genre a bit more…)Watching you and William converse is so….how do I put it. It’s like…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I don’t know if you’ve ever done NaNoWriMo, but for NaNo Prep, they give a list of different plot structures for planners, pantsers, and everyone in between. The link below is a short quiz which will give the results for the best plot structure for you. Hopefully it helps!! &#…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j Well, well, well! You are exactly everything which I fear! *crawls away to hide in a corner*
Once upon a time, when I was a small child, and romantic interests were all the rage, I thought it would be great if I could create love interests for my main characters. Well, long story short, all those relationships ended up being the most…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
Welcome to the forum! It’s so awesome to have you here on this fine morning in the Kingdom of Pen.
I’m so happy you like the articles! All of the authors are simply fans and volunteers of Kingdom Pen sharing their experience and lessons they’ve learned from writing. Which is I think why it feels so special.
Oooh, I love graphic…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@larchness Hi Chloe! Welcome to the Kingdom! We’re so glad to have you here!
I’m really glad that you found the articles on this site useful; they really are great.
Ooh, a graphic novel! Do you mind sharing a little about your WIP? I’d love to hear more about it.
What are some other hobbies that you have? Any favorite books, authors, or movies?
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline Nice! I have a sweet tooth, though I’m afraid I don’t have much tolerance for spicy things.
You are probably one of the only people I have ever met to like Hallmark movies. I’m glad that someone enjoys them.
Ooh, drawing! If I didn’t write so much I would probably take up drawing again.
- Load More
