@annika-c
Active 5 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
ella replied to the topic Writing Resources! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago

-
ella replied to the topic Writing Resources! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I also use Scrivener, which I love!! So helpful. I’ll attach a screenshot below to show y’all how it works.
You have parts, chapters, and scenes (as @godlyfantasy12 mentioned) that you can create. There are also character and setting sketches. It’s basically to help keep you organized while you’re writing. (You can also change the color sche…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Time Travel Critique in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 8 months ago
Agreed. 😉
I’m serious!!! It was very realistic in that going back in time isn’t always going to work out the way you want it to, because TIME IS A FICKLE THING!!!! 😋 I especially loved how you intertwined all the backstories so beautifully. The last scene just made my mind go dead for a second, lol!!! Gre…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Time Travel Critique in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 8 months ago
@nova21 Aw, do you really think so? Haha, I wish I was going into film sometimes. But right now I’m on the path of “Most probably not.”
-
Lin replied to the topic Hey there! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
@imwritehere1920 My favorite part of Fahrenheit 451 was probably when Beatty was lecturing Montag. I do love villain speeches.
As for the inspiration behind my WIP, it’d probably be one of my other short stories and Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight. I came up with it in a week when I was really stressed.
-
ella changed their profile picture 5 years, 8 months ago
-
ella replied to the topic Time Travel Critique in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 8 months ago
Whoa. That was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was literally like reading a Christopher Nolan book!!!! You go girl!!! Are you planning on going into film? 😜 Linyang Nolan… jk. 😂
-
ella replied to the topic What's your biggest excuse for not writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 8 months ago
Everything is my excuse. “Time to exercise!” “I’m going to lose my basketball skills if I don’t practice RIGHT NOW!” “Oooh, someone replied to my post!” “Nah, I’m not feeling it today…” etc. etc. etc. 😂
So yeah, I am the QUEEN of procrastination!!! 😜Â Gotta work on that…
-
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@godly-fantasy
I wrote around 1000 words today!!! 😃 Finally, writer’s block is over!! 😉 (for now… 😋)
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Hello! (again) in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
Hello Hello! And welcome back to the Kingdom!
I see you too have the same goal as I to read all of C.S. Lewis’s works! I grew up on The Chronicles of Narnia and am now reading his non-fiction works, I’m currently in the middle of Mere Christianity which despite the hype is exceeding my expectations.
Do you have a favorite book of…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's your biggest excuse for not writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 8 months ago
Man, everyones replies are way too relatable. XD
Well, if makes you feel any better, what you described is also a pretty accurate description of my brain.
Haha, yes, I totally relate to the “productive” procrastination. Like when I don’t feel like writing a scene so I just create character boards on Pinterest. You…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@issawriter7 All right, I guess I will! After all, I’ve got nothing to lose but everything to gain.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello! (again) in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2Aw, that sounds great!
I’m working on several WIPs right now, actually! One of which is a novella about a detective trying to find a criminal that his dad put behind bars years ago, and a former mob boss trying to start his life over.
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@r-m-archer @godlyfantasy12 Ah thanks for your advice! Do you guys know of any good magazines that would be good to submit to?
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Yay! I have not written anything today!
I’m just thinking about submitting a short story to a magazine…dunno if I should though….
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello! (again) in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 Hi again Addie! If we have met before…probably. I also joined KP around that time.
Can you tell me a bit about your WIP?
-
Lin replied to the topic Time Travel Critique in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 8 months ago
@gracie-j Aw thanks! I’m really glad you enjoyed!
-
ella replied to the topic Hey there! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
LILY!!!!!!!!!!!! HEEEY!!!! So glad you made it to KP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😃😃😃😃😃😃
-
Lin replied to the topic Time Travel Critique in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 8 months ago
@issawriter7 Ah thank you so much! I’m glad you liked it!
-
Lin replied to the topic Hey there! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
@imwritehere1920 Newberry Award winners are really good. I think I read When You Reach Me once when I was a kid…
Ooh, your WIP sounds really interesting! I would love to hear more about it! And you’re already on your fifth/sixth draft? That’s really impressive!
I really enjoy classic lit and manga. Some of my top favorites would be The Little…[Read more]
- Load More
