Hey there!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey there!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920
      • Total Posts: 92

Hi, my name is Lily (I recognize some names from Story Embers; I was involved in their forum for some time before coming here.)  🙂

So, let me introduce myself.  I’m a Christian, middle-grade writer and I’ve been telling stories for as long as I can remember.  I stumbled upon Kingdom Pen completely by accident (It was actually quite some time ago, now that I think of it.)  I was looking up how to write a dystopian story, and this site came up first.  However, I realized the site was on hiatus… long story short, I found Story Embers and have hung around there for a while (and also learning how to use their forum…. I’m really bad at technology XD)  Either way, I decided it was time to give this forum a try and say ‘hey’ to everyone.

I think I saw a friend of mine, so I’m gonna tag her real quick so she knows I finally made it: @issawriter7

I look forward to meeting everyone and chatting about writing.  I do have one quick question, if that’s okay?  What are these ‘ranks’ and what do they mean?  I’ve noticed that everyone has one, and I’m not quite sure what they stand for.  Thanks for your help.  🙂

Dream. Write. Inspire.

https://thepencilsisters.com

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@imwritehere1920 Hi Lily! Welcome to the Kingdom! Nice to meet you! I’m also on Story Embers, though I’m not too active now.

The ranks that we have are based off of how many times you post. The more you post, the better the rank!

Let’s see…questions…

Can you tell me a bit about your WIP? What are some of your favorite books?

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Issabelle Perry
        @issawriter7
          • Total Posts: 976

@imwritehere1920

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! LILY HAS JOINED THE FORUM!!!!!!! *hugs* I’m soooo happy you’re here!!!!!! *passes you a big slice of cake and throws out party streamers* It’s gonna be just AWESOME having you around the Kingdom!!!!!! WEEEEELLLLLCCCCOOOMMMEE!!!!!!! Now how ’bout some questions! ‘Cause questions always make a party a li’l more fun. 😉 Though, I shall try to refrain from asking what your favorite color is….it’s an inside joke for anyone else reading this. XD

-What’s your favorite movie?

-If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?

-If you had the spend the whole day with any fictional character who would you chose and why?

-If you could had a pet squirrel what would you name it? Ignore the crazy randomness in these questions.

-What’s your favorite genre to read?

I guess that’s all I’ve got now! WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME to Kingdom Pen!!!!! I hope you enjoy it!!!!!! <33

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
          TeenWritersNook.com

Abigail.M.
          @abigail-m
            • Total Posts: 1242

@imwritehere1920

Welcome to Kingdom Pen!
            Yes, your rank will change with how many times you post. I think at about 20 some posts, you get ‘charismatic rebel’ and then ‘wise jester’ awhile after that, (I’m not sure what comes after ‘wise jester’ since I’m still one:) But they’re all kingdom, castle-like themes.

imwritehere1920
            @imwritehere1920

@devestate-lasting

Hi, nice to meet you!  Thanks for answering my question.  That makes more sense.  Let’s see.  My favorite books are some of the Newberry award winners, like Walk Two Moons and When You Reach Me (although, I also really love the medieval fantasy genre, like The Squire’s Tales, The False Prince, etc.)

My current WIP (boiled down) is about two siblings who must rescue a lost phoenix; I’m in the middle of the fifth/sixth draft and doing a big overhaul on the plot/character arcs.  Fingers crosses that it will be done by the end of this year!

What are some of your favorite books?  What is your WIP about?

@abigail-m

Hi!  Thanks so much.  That makes a lot more sense 🙂

What is your favorite genre to write in?

Dream. Write. Inspire.

Abigail.M.
              @abigail-m
                • Total Posts: 1242

@imwritehere1920

I love the sound of your WIP. And congrats on completing all those drafts, (I’m still making my way through the second draft of my WIP).
                My favorite genre is probably general fiction, but I love medieval and fantasy too:)

Linyang Zhang
                @devastate-lasting
                  • Total Posts: 1700

@imwritehere1920 Newberry Award winners are really good. I think I read When You Reach Me once when I was a kid…

Ooh, your WIP sounds really interesting! I would love to hear more about it! And you’re already on your fifth/sixth draft? That’s really impressive!

I really enjoy classic lit and manga. Some of my top favorites would be The Little Prince, East of Eden, My Sweet Orange Tree, Night on the Galactic Railroad, Oliver Twist, Fahrenheit 451…

I have several WIPs going on right now, but the one I’m most excited about right now is a short piece about a detective who’s trying to find a former mob boss who’s been illegally buying an anti-aging serum. I’ve just finished plotting and have starting drafting the first draft. My other main WIP would be a fantasy saga that I’ve been working on for years, about sinners who’ve eaten from the Tree of Life. Currently drafting.

Do you have any other hobbies outside of writing?

Lately, it's been on my brain
                  Would you mind letting me know
                  If hours don't turn into days

ella
                  @nova21
                    • Total Posts: 604

@imwritehere1920

LILY!!!!!!!!!!!!  HEEEY!!!!  So glad you made it to KP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😃😃😃😃😃😃

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                    -gladiator, 2000

imwritehere1920
                    @imwritehere1920

@nova21

Hey!  Thanks so much!

@issawriter7

Hey there!  Thanks for the cake!  *is it chocolate?!*

Alright, I’d have to say, either Star Wars (newer movies or originals) or Chron. of Narnia.  There’s probably another, but I can’t think of it at the moment.

I’d eat tacos (because there so many different things you can put in there, so no two tacos have to be the same!)

I’d love to meet Lucy Pevensie.  Or Rose or Rey from Star Wars.

Hmm.  This might be hard.  (Though we have a lot of squirrels around our house, my sister hates them.  *looong story*).  If it were a super nice squirrel who loved poetry, I’d call him Ulysses (from Flora and Ulysses.)  Or Hickory.  Or Peanut.  Maybe Mr. Nuttingham…. (I could do this all day, but I’ll stop now XD).

Finally, I love the medieval fantasy genre.  Although I do enjoy Margaret Peterson Haddix’s Among the Hidden, which is dystopian.  Or a mind bender like When You Reach Me.  Depends on my mood.

Now, same questions right back at you! 🙂

@abigail-m

Thanks so much!  What is your WIP about?

Dream. Write. Inspire.

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 1379

@imwritehere1920

Hi Lily! I believe we’ve met before. You commented on my blog once. 🙂

So happy to see you here! I’m glad you’ve joined us!

Issabelle Perry
                        @issawriter7
                          • Total Posts: 976

@imwritehere1920

Of course!! TOTALLY chocolate! Oooooh, those are some A W E S O M E ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!! <33 Same questions? Ah, I shoulda asked more simple questions. XD 🙂

Okay, Disney’s 2019 Aladdin movie. It was sooo good!

Spaghetti. I’m kind of obsessed when it comes to pasta!

SAGE from The False Prince! Hands-down!

Books! It’s an inside joke on why I’d name it that. XD

To read? Suspense and spy fiction!!

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
                          TeenWritersNook.com

imwritehere1920
                          @imwritehere1920

@joy-caroline

Hi!  You’re so right!  I did visit your blog once.  You were talking about your historical fiction WIP.  How’s it going?  Did you reach the goal you set?

Dream. Write. Inspire.

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 1379

@imwritehere1920

The first draft was finished before Christmas with days to spare, so I’m happy about that. Writing the second draft is going a bit tougher, but I do have a lot of new ideas, so I’m staying hopeful about it. Thanks for asking!

And by the way, I love the words “Dream. Write. Inspire.” Sounds like a great motto!

imwritehere1920
                              @imwritehere1920

@devastate-lasting

@imwritehere1920 And you’re already on your fifth/sixth draft? That’s really impressive!

Thanks!  It started about nine/ten years ago, when I watched the first Chron. of Narnia movie (the Disney version).  Towards the end of the movie, there was a firebird that helped in the battle against the White Witch.  Although it only appeared for maybe less than thirty seconds, I felt inspired.  I later learned it was called a phoenix (and got the basic facts about it, such as being able to burst into flames, healing tears, etc.)  Several years later, I started to write a short story about the phoenix, except all the characters went rogue.  40,000 words later, it became the basis for an MG novel XD  (that’s the short version of how it got started.)

Ooo, I’ve read Fahrenheit 451 last year and really liked it.  What was your favorite part?

@devastate-lasting
                                wrote:  I have several WIPs going on right now, but the one I’m most excited about right now is a short piece about a detective who’s trying to find a former mob boss who’s been illegally buying an anti-aging serum. I’ve just finished plotting and have starting drafting the first draft.

Awesome!  What is the inspiration behind your story?

Dream. Write. Inspire.

imwritehere1920
                                @imwritehere1920

@joy-caroline

Thanks!  I actually have a different quote/signature that I use for Story Embers, but I couldn’t remember it, so I went for my second favorite one 🙂

That’s exciting news!  I wish you the best of luck with the second draft!  🙂

Dream. Write. Inspire.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >