Hello! (again)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello! (again)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    EpicAddie2
    @epicaddie2
      • Total Posts: 794

Hellooooo all my fellow writers! I think this is my third or fourth introduction at this point because I’m terribly inconsistent on this forum. Whoops XD Here’s a bit about me:

~I first joined KP about four or five years ago

~I write fantasy and historical fiction, as well as historical fantasy

~I’m really into the enneagram right now, but I also love MBTI

~I play the piano and the fiddle

~Currently I’m trying to read through as much of C. S. Lewis’s books as possible

~My favorite book right now is Fawkes by Nadine Brandes. SO GOOD.

~EpicAddie2 has been my username for everything since I was like 8 and I’m too lazy to think of a new one *facepalm*

Anyway, I look forward to meeting ya’ll! I’m glad to be back on KP and hopefully this time I’ll be much more consistent. XD

INFJ ~ 4w5
      aldarley.wordpress.com

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@epicaddie2 Hi again Addie! If we have met before…probably. I also joined KP around that time.

Can you tell me a bit about your WIP?

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

EpicAddie2
        @epicaddie2

@devastate-lasting Hey! I assume we’ve met before if we joined around the same time XD I’m not the best at remembering people lol.

Ooh certainly! Prepare yourself for a terrible explanation. My novel follows the story of a girl, Jamie, who lives in a different world that’s very similar to the Victorian era. She lives on the streets because she has no family or job, so she decides to look for a lost princess in order to win the reward money. She wants the money so she no longer has to fear the judgment of those in higher classes that scoff at her and whatnot. So Jamie and her best friend Keldan start a quest to find this princess but along the way they discover there’s a secret plot by the neighboring country to take over. So, they get wrapped up in that and figure out pretty fast that the other country is responsible for kidnapping the princess.

Somehow that summary was even worse than I thought it would be. *facepalm* It’s a lot more interesting than I make it sound. XD It has the theme of identity because Jamie has to learn whether to put her identity in what others say about her, or what her father says about her.

Anyway, what’s your WIP about?

INFJ ~ 4w5
          aldarley.wordpress.com

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting
            • Total Posts: 1700

@epicaddie2Aw, that sounds great!

I’m working on several WIPs right now, actually! One of which is a novella about a detective trying to find a criminal that his dad put behind bars years ago, and a former mob boss trying to start his life over.

Lately, it's been on my brain
            Would you mind letting me know
            If hours don't turn into days

EpicAddie2
            @epicaddie2

@devastate-lasting Thanks! XD

Oooh, that sounds super interesting!

INFJ ~ 4w5
              aldarley.wordpress.com

Abigail.M.
              @abigail-m
                • Total Posts: 1242

@epicaddie2

Hi! Welcome back to KP!
                Although, you have been here much longer than me… oh well:)
                Anyway your WIP sounds amazing! I love those kinds of stories (I love all kinds of stories really) and yours sounds super interesting

Issabelle Perry
                @issawriter7
                  • Total Posts: 976

@epicaddie2

HEEEELLLLOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back to KP!!!!!!! *tips hat to you* *gasp* I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVE FAWKES!!!!!!!!!! I just finished it about a week ago and am still emotionally attached to that story!!!! *happy tears* I even made a graphic for it!!! Your WIP sounds SUPER INTERESTING! I like stories with princesses in it! I have no idea why! *shrugs* Anyway it’s AWESOME to get to meet you!!!!!

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
                  TeenWritersNook.com

EpicAddie2
                  @epicaddie2

@abigail-m Thank you!

Thanks! XD I’m glad my terrible summary didn’t leave you super confused lol. I love all kinds of stories too XD What are some of your favorite genres?

@issawriter7
                    Hi!! I agree, Fawkes is SOOO GOOD. Have you read any other books by Nadine Brandes? I read Romanov somewhat recently and it was really good too!

INFJ ~ 4w5
                    aldarley.wordpress.com

Issabelle Perry
                    @issawriter7

@epicaddie2

Not yet! But Romanov is up pretty high on my TBR! I can’t wait to get to be able to read it!!!!! It looks like it’s gonna be soooooo awesome as well!!!!!!!

TeenWritersNook.com

Alexa Autorski
                      @writerlexi1216
                        • Total Posts: 1011

@epicaddie2

Hello, new writing friend! ‘Tis a pleasure to meet you! Oh, do you like coffee? You see, I’m a huge fan of coffee, so anytime I meet somebody new, I offer them a cup *pours coffee into mug and offers*

Wow, your book sounds absolutely, positively incredible! And your summary was a whole lot better than mine would sound if I attempted to put it into words. I also love fantasy, so that’s neat! Ah, a fellow C.S. Lewis fan? I haven’t read all of his works, but I have began the Narnia series.

A few questions: Who’s your favorite fictional character? How long have you been writing? Do you like dragons???

Abigail.M.
                        @abigail-m
                          • Total Posts: 1242

@epicaddie2

My favorite genres would include: fantasy, historical fiction (ancient Russia mostly, but I love Victorian and medieval too), poetry, contemporary fiction and general fiction… actually I like a wide variety of stories XD.

EpicAddie2
                          @epicaddie2

@issawriter7 You definitely need to read it if you liked Fawkes! Have you read her series? I’ve yet to read it but I really really REALLY want to XD As soon as I have any enough money I’m going to buy the series. 🙂

@writerlexi1216
                            Pleasure to meet you! I do indeed like coffee. *accepts mug gladly* I don’t drink too much coffee so it’s always a bit of a treat!

Wow, thank you XD Ooh, a fellow fantasy fan! What do you think of Narnia so far? I loooooove that series. Those books are a bit like home to me.

My favorite fictional character…. I couldn’t possibly choose. I’ll just say Aslan, though XD I’ve been writing seriously for maybe four years? Five? Something like that. But ever since I was little I wrote my own stories. My first “book” was about a girl named Super Lexi who had a hamster sidekick. It was pretty epic.

And OF COURSE I LOVE DRAGONS. XD

@abigail-m
                            Oooh nice! I don’t know much about ancient Russia but it sounds interesting. I love history XD What makes you interested in ancient Russia?

INFJ ~ 4w5
                            aldarley.wordpress.com

Issabelle Perry
                            @issawriter7

@epicaddie2

No, but I have a friend who’s currently going through it and says they are AWESOME!!! So, it’s on my list right after Romonov. I have soo much to catch up on. XD Oooooh, A W E S O M E!!!!!!! If you get to the series before me, you’ll have to let me know if they’re good too!!!!!!!

TeenWritersNook.com

Kathleen
                              @kathleenramm
                                • Total Posts: 635

@epicaddie2

Hello Hello! And welcome back to the Kingdom!

I see you too have the same goal as I to read all of C.S. Lewis’s works! I grew up on The Chronicles of Narnia and am now reading his non-fiction works, I’m currently in the middle of Mere Christianity which despite the hype is exceeding my expectations.

Do you have a favorite book of C.S. Lewis?

I’ve heard about Fawkes a lot but have yet to read it. What are your favorite things about it?

(BTW I think EpicAddie2 is a pretty cool username.)

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 1379

@epicaddie2

Hello! It’s cool that you’re reading C.S. Lewis. I absolutely love him and all his works! My favorites are Mere Christianity and The Chronicles of Narnia series. I used to play the piano, too, but unfortunately I quit, so I’m not very good.

Anyways, happy to meet you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >