@aella
Active 8 years, 8 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 160
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
… And yes, I’ll admit that that Amish vampire kitten thing made me laugh. But, really, how many people would look at that and think “spiritually enriching”? XD
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Well, if by some amazing chance you could take a vampire story and make it this really convicting, godly story… Congratulations. But it just seems like the way of getting the message across would be a little too confusing. No matter how great one book is, the association zombies and vampires have with evil thingamajigers in general seriously…[Read more]
-
Emma replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Well, is everything relative? Nope.
I think here’s the thing.
Knowing what is the right thing to do and doing it is different. You may know that something is wrong, and you may still want to write it in a positive light. Now that you have that speck of knowledge placed in you, you can’t just flick it out and pretend it’s not there. Maybe heart…[Read more] -
Emma replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Well, is everything relative? Nope.
I think here’s the thing.
Knowing what is the right thing to do and doing it is different. You may know that something is wrong, and you may still want to write it in a positive light. Now that you have that speck of knowledge placed in you, you can’t just flick it out and pretend it’s not there. Maybe heart…[Read more] -
Emma replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
@daniel- exactly.
So it DOES run down to our intentions and true heart attitude/purpose about the whole subject, doesn’t it then, hmm? Agh. And that brings us right back to where we started, so.@ezra- oh stahp.
actually no dun stahp yes thank you for appreciating my intellecjewelity there i thought that was purty good maself xP -
Emma replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Going off of what Daniel just said-
Firstly, I think this is an issue of ‘what should christians write in general’ not merely just zombies or vampires.
When you put it that way, it’s a bit of an ‘am i my brother’s keeper’ thing, to a small extent. Just because we have the right and ability to write something, should we? That’s the question of…[Read more] -
Emma replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Going off of what Daniel just said-
When you put it that way, it’s a bit of an ‘am i my brother’s keeper’ thing, to a small extent. Just because we have the right and ability to write something, should we? That’s the question of the day.
Paul wrote in his letters to the Corinthians about how he ‘had the right to do these things, but didn’t,…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
We can argue all day about whether vampires and zombies are okay to use or not and all those technicalities. but as Christians, shouldn’t there be other, better things we could be writing about?
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic A Sort of Dark Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 11 years ago
Well written, definitely. I agree that it’s dark. Mostly the details John was going into, but I suppose it might have been necessary to show how he’s changed and all. That little bit at the end was my favorite part, though it loosed a cage of plot bunnies in my imagination. 😛
Good job on writing it! I’d just say don’t…. really read this to…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Tintin and Knocking Characters Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Exactly. Both of you guys. 🙂 I really like it as an element when well used, but sometimes it’s just like “Oh my goodness… again?”
In response to your random thing: YES THE TINTIN MOVIE. <3
-
Emma replied to the topic Hey everyone! in the forum Start HERE 11 years ago
HIIIIII
welcome. *sticks out hand* I’m Emma and I’m late to everything and I like to write stuffs -
Emma replied to the topic Tintin and Knocking Characters Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Yes, people getting knocked out is a too casually and cheaply used occurrence in books. With taste, it’s great. But they just tend to be a way to get out of situations, rather than a realistic occurrence.
random thing: TINTIN THE MOVIE THOUGH
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Depths of Description in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Well, when you put it that way…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Depths of Description in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
SKIMMING TOLKIEN’S WORK! OH HORRORS! So much of the beauty is in the details. But I do see what you mean. I guess I like Tolkien because he is un-apologetically unique, and there is something about his description that just speaks to me on a deeper level than Dickens’s and Lewis’s ‘See that? See that thing. Let me tell you something funny about…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Depths of Description in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Two of my favorite authors when it comes to description are Tolkien and Dickens. They are also two of my top favorite authors period, but hey. Maybe that’s one of the reasons I like them.
Dickens does a lot of characterization of the objects he is describing, as in the time (in A Christmas Carol, I think?) when he likened onions in a market window…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Tintin and Knocking Characters Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Knocking out characters can be convenient option in a book…too convenient sometimes (especially when you’re headbutting a man in a helmet and knock him out while remaining perfectly fine). I think, when used in a book, it needs to be realistic…how hard does someone really have to get hit to get knocked out? (does anyone know here?) And…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone started the topic Tintin and Knocking Characters Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
So, recently I went through all 23 of the Tintin comic books and counted exactly how many times he got knocked out. And, including all of the ways he was rendered unconscious (knockout gas, chloroform, getting shot, almost drowning, and the ever popular whack on the head) it numbered to about 60 times.
60.
This is one guy in a 23 book series.
So,…[Read more] -
Emma replied to the topic The Depths of Description in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
What authors’ style of descriptions do you all appreciate or dislike?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Depths of Description in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
I really couldn’t tell that you made any effort whatsoever to make your posts entertaining, Ezra… so I don’t know why the grin starts into my eyes the moment I see your profile picture on a new thread. It must just be some weird psychological gimmick.
Hmmm… hypocrisy. I’m probably guilty of the same thing in some respects! It’s so much…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Peace, War, and Rebellion in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Love Studio C. 🙂 Anyway, I see what you are saying about moral absolutes. We can’t just rebel because we don’t like what is going on in the government.
At the same time, I would argue that (here in America, anyway, and at this current time) a citizens duty is a bit different than in Roman times. In Roman times, you simply obeyed. Now, we…[Read more]
- Load More
