Hey everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Tatiana
    @belegteleri
      • Total Posts: 97

Hello everyone! I’m really excited to be joining Kingdom Pen. I’ve been taking my writing a bit more seriously lately, as I hope to one day be a published author. I will read almost anything you give me, but I normally stick to writing fantasy, fan-fiction, and dystopian.

Feel free to ask my anything you want, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can!

Tatiana

Ezra Wilkinson
      @ezra-wilkinson
        • Total Posts: 146

Nobody wanted to say hi.

Rolena Hatfield
        @rolena-hatfield
          • Total Posts: 405

I’ll say Hi!
          Hello Tatiana! So glad to have you a part of the forum!
          Have you finished writing any books as of yet?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Tatiana
          @belegteleri

Hello Rolena! Thanks for replying!

Unfortunately I have not finished any books yet. When I was younger, I was mostly just writing for fun, so none of my chapter books or short stories were ever finished.
            I’m writing three books right now. Actually, not really, because I am experiencing really bad writer’s block. Also, I’ve been really busy lately, so I haven’t got the chance to pick them up again. The good thing is, I’m really interested in my stories, so hopefully I won’t decide to stop writing them any time soon.

Again, thanks for getting back to me!

Ezra Wilkinson
            @ezra-wilkinson

Under-appreciation is a wicked thing Tatiana.

Tatiana
              @belegteleri

I don’t think I understand, Ezra…

Ezra Wilkinson
                @ezra-wilkinson

*Sigh* No one ever does…

Rolena Hatfield
                  @rolena-hatfield

Hmmm… Maybe I can be of some assistance Tatiana, in the understanding of certain dialogue from a certain Mr. Ezra Wilkinson. Take another look at his profile picture. You see those antlers? They hail from a certain Canadian tale in which there lived moose men, apparently of which some still survive today. (Perhaps Mr. Ezra is of their descents?) And so upon my discovery of the “creatures” there is one thing I’ve learned and that is that moose men have a very strong sarcastic accent in which when communicating with the being makes it rather hard to interpret what’s being said at times 🙂 (I need to get an updated copy of my “All Moose Men’s Sarcastic Sayings Dictionary”) But until I do, I’m afraid that’s all the assistance I can give, for I’m not fluent in “Moosese” as of yet. 🙂
                    Oh no writer’s block! That can be really frustrating! If you haven’t read them yet, Kingdom Pen put out some really neat articles concerning writer’s block and they contain some really good suggestions to defeating it! One of the biggest thing is to not give up! And wow working on three books at once! That’s pretty impressive! What are they about? I’d love to hear about them.
                    Oooo and I understand about being busy. Even though writing is very important to me (it’s a love of mine:)) there are still things in life which must come first. *sigh* I guess the good thing about not having time to sit down and write things out, is that it gives you plenty of imagination time to think about what should come next in the story!

Tatiana
                    @belegteleri

Thanks Rolena! I have not read the articles on writer’s block yet, although I did know that they existed. I’ll go check them out!
                      The book that I’m the farthest along with is my dystopian novel. I got the idea after I read some of “Divergent”. I’m still working on the general plot, as I’ve noticed some not-deep-but-serious holes in it recently.
                      The next book is a fantasy. It’s about a princess, which sounds like it could be geared toward younger kids, but trust me, it’s not! This one was inspired partly by “The Princess Academy”, by Shannon Hale. I was actually thinking of sending in an excerpt to KP Critiques!
                      The third and last book is a fan-fiction. I am a Tolkienite, meaning I love anything and everything connected to J.R.R. Tolkien. So, as you can probably guess, it’s a Lord of the Rings fan-fiction, and it’s written from the perspective of a young girl whose family works for the Dark Lord Sauron. Most fan-fictions are based around a girl joining the Fellowship and falling in love with one of the characters, but I wanted something a bit different. I hadn’t seen anything like what I wanted to write, so I figured it was a good idea.
                      All of these books really excite me, and it’s good to know that there are people who are interesting in hearing about them. So I’ll return the favor: What are you writing right now, Rolena?

Ezra Wilkinson
                      @ezra-wilkinson

@Rolena: OK. I like you. You are an awesome person.

@Tatiana: That’s pretty cool. I too believe that that is a subject hitherto basically unexplored by fanfic writers.

I hope you do Tolkien proud.

Tatiana
                        @belegteleri

Thank you, Ezra. I really appreciate it!

Rolena Hatfield
                          @rolena-hatfield

All three of your books sound very intriguing! I’m particularly drawn to the princess one, cause Princess Academy had been one of my favorite books for quite awhile! If you do finish it, I want to know!
                            Well… Right now I am working on a renaissance novel that is about doing what is right when you are unjustly accused and unjustly treated. It follows a heroine who is treated wrongly for her brother’s sake, for he’s been unjustly accused of some horrible crime.
                            When I hit some temperary roadblocks in that story, I usually pick up my attempt at writing a spy book or the sequal to my pirate novel!
                            Ooo and I hope you do decide to submit that scene from the princess story for critiques, not only is it very helpful for your own writing skills but then I’d get a sneak preview!
                            If you do publish one day, do you think you’d self publish or submit to a publishing company?

Tatiana
                            @belegteleri

I’m really glad that you’re interested! I believe I forgot to mention that my fantasy novel was also inspired by the Knights of Arrethrae series by Chuck Black.
                              Your stories sound very interesting! I love history (and the Pirates of the Caribbean :)), so I think I would really enjoy reading the pirate ones.
                              In answer to the publishing question, I honestly have no idea. I suppose it depends on what’s available and reasonable. Also, my parents will be involved in the decision, and I would most likely ask for some tips from a writer or two that I know. What about you?

Rolena Hatfield
                              @rolena-hatfield

Well… I always thought I would submit to a publishing company, but it seems that sometimes that can be a very long and expensive process, so I self-published my pirate novel and it was relativity easy and very inexpensive, the problem is if I really would like to see the book sell, I haven’t done a very good job at advertising.
                                But I really liked the self-publishing route, so if I ever publish something in the future I’ll probably do it that way again.
                                Have you had any break throughs with that writer’s block? 🙂

Tatiana
                                @belegteleri

That is really cool, Rolena. I found your pirate novel on Amazon and read the excerpt. It was really good, so maybe when I have enough money, I’ll buy it!
                                  I read the article on writer’s block and pinned it to my Pinterest. Unfortunately, I have not been writing anything lately. I have been super busy with school and volleyball. Perhaps next semester (oh how it pains me to say that!).
                                  Do you play any sports?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >