Hey everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey everyone!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Rolena Hatfield
    @rolena-hatfield
      • Total Posts: 405

Awesome that you play volleyball! I used to play it in the 3rd grade, but sadly I haven’t played any other sports on a “real” team since then. I do like to play soccer and volleyball with my siblings and at our church camp outs though. If I could play a sport I’d go for soccer, but like you were mentioning, there’s just not enough time to do everything I’d like! So I’m sticking to writing and scrapbooking in my free time for now!
      How long have you been playing volleyball? Ooo and do you have a favorite book? I know you mentioned you really like Tolkien’s work.

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Mark Kamibaya
      @mark-kamibaya
        • Total Posts: 318

Yo, Tatiana. Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

First, I really can’t believe that name. It’s awesome. If it’s actually a real name. Even more awesome!

Second, It’d be cool if you shared the plot to your dystopian. I really like Divergent and I’d like to (what is it called) critique it? If you don’t like that idea than maybe just share the “elevator pitch.”

Literally, if you want awesome writing advice then check out this website. If you already now about it. Kudos!

Also, here’s a publishing tip. No matter what type of publishing you do then you gotta build up your author platform. You really need to build it up.

“Writing is a commitment.”

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

Tatiana
        @belegteleri
          • Total Posts: 97

Rolena: I have been playing volleyball for about two years now and I really enjoy it. I’ve made a lot of friends through playing that sport and it’s also helped me with becoming a better athlete.
          In answer to your second question, I don’t have a favorite book! It’s a three way tie for “Fellowship of the Ring”, “Two Towers”, and “Return of the King”, believe it or not! But I also really enjoyed “A Time of Angels” by Karen Hesse, “Son” by Lois Lowry, “A Tale of Two Cities” by Charles Dickens, and The Voyages of the Legend series by Alina Sayre.

Tatiana
          @belegteleri

Mark! Thank you for welcoming me and, yes, Tatiana is my real name! I appreciate the comment!
            The plot to my dystopian… Hmmm, how should I do this? (Just letting you know, I’m not very good at plot summaries!) Well, basically, the story centers around a rather introverted girl whose best friend disappears. A lot of other teenagers have been disappearing from other places as well. So my main character and another girl go to look for their friend. They eventually find her in an isolated camp being trained by some young adults to become a warrior. I don’t want to give too much away, especially since it needs some serious updating and revising, but that’s the gist of the first half of my summary. I hope it sounds OK!
            Thanks for the link to the writing website. I bookmarked the page and will visit it ASAP! Thank you also for the “publishing tip”. I’ve never really thought about my author platform before, so that is definitely appreciated!

Mark Kamibaya
            @mark-kamibaya
              • Total Posts: 318

Glad to be of help.

It’s a really cool premise. Just keep on working away at it. Even when you have writer’s block and don’t want to sit down at the computer just grab a notebook and begin making diagrams about stuff! Character relationships, plot formation, character journeys, the list is endless (well mine is). Again, welcome to KP and I hope you find the forum super helpful and awesome!

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

Emma
              @emma
                • Total Posts: 40

HIIIIII
                welcome. *sticks out hand* I’m Emma and I’m late to everything and I like to write stuffs

Tatiana
                @belegteleri

Thank you, Mark, once again, for your insight to the complex writing world!

HIIIIII, Lilac Ampersand! Thanks for the follow on Pinterest (Beleg Teleri) and the welcome to Kingdom Pen!
                  I like to write stuffs, too! In fact, I submitted some of my stuffs to KP Critiques, both for me to learn how to improve my writing “skills” and for other people to enjoy my stories… novels… stuffs… whatever you want to call them. (I think I need to work on my Kingdom-Pen-speak! Everyone else is sooo good at it!)
                  Anyways, it’s great to be here. I’m really excited to become better at my craft and continue to write for His glory!

Emma
                  @emma
                    • Total Posts: 40

Of course! I love finding interesting and writerly pinterests
                    What is this kingdom pen speak you speak of? xP
                    So, is your current WIP about?

Tatiana
                    @belegteleri

Here I go again… Is there a dictionary for new writers at Kingdom Pen to understand what everyone else is talking about? As embarrassing, awkward, and uncultured as this sounds, what is a WIP?

Rosey Mucklestone
                      @writefury
                        • Total Posts: 467

Work
                        In
                        Progress
                        Just, the book or story you are working on at the moment.
                        Another thing that might be useful:
                        MC
                        Main
                        Character.
                        Okay, carry on. I wasn’t here. You didn’t see anything.

Tatiana
                        @belegteleri

So, Emma, I believe you meant to say WHAT is my current WIP about? If so, I have three at the moment. One is a fantasy about a princess who is dissatisfied with life at her family’s castle, decides to leave, and has all sorts of crazy adventures. The second is a dystopian that I gave the plot summary to earlier. And the third is a fan-fiction. I believe if you look at the posts from earlier in this forum, you should see my basic ideas for them.
                          If that is NOT what you meant, then I must apologize for taking up all this room to tell you about something you are not entirely interested in. Anyways, thank you for asking! Now I will return the favor: Emma, what is your current WIP (or WIPs!) about?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >