@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
whaley replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
I absolutely love it when I take a short break from creative endeavors, and when I come back, everything clicks together, I get a half dozen new character ideas, a new plot device occurs to me… I highly recommend taking week-long breaks, because this is awesome.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Sure, no prob!
-
whaley replied to the topic Preachiness, Allegories, Analogies, and Every Other Way to Implement Your Theme in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
Oh that’s a perfect explanation, thank you for digging into that! Because I didn’t have the brain power to explain it even though it was on my mind.
Lol, I’ll take it 😂
I am also sorry if anything I said sounded overly aggressive or intimidating…
I just feel like this is an important topic. Knowing every story -…[Read more] -
-GRCR- posted an update 2 years, 6 months ago
Swords, axes, large hammers, spears—hundreds of weapons lined the walls of the warrior training center, and photos of past warriors and their honor badges were framed and pinned. An air conditioner shook silently, blowing a cold breeze into the large conference room where two people sat. The first person was a man whose name was Emrys Gretchen, a…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
yep lol.
@freed_and_redeemed @loopylin @whalekeeper
this is unfished, but enjoy anyways.
Lesli smiles, looking around at the amassing crowd around her.
“Wow, I’ve never seen the shopping district so crowded!” She squeezes Tauren’s arm, being careful not to wrinkle his starched white shirt.
“Yeah…” Tauren scans the crowd easily, his h…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Ah, was my post eaten?
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
All you do is get on voice chat, then share your screen for the most part. I’ll be busy too. I have work most days now, though only in the first half of the day, and I’ll be serving a mission not long from now. That’s awesome that your doing karate!
Maybe we could figure something out in the near future, but I don’t know. I’ll just say…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
XD thanks! I’m taking Japanese rn. I put it through translate too just to make sure I did it right lol.
You do! I forgot about that! Oh that’s super cool! I always like when expressions relevant to history are worked into worldbuilding.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
So, how exactly does discord’s streaming work? I’m honestly not sure if I would have time at this point. I’ve been pretty busy with school (which is why I haven’t been on KP much lately) and on top of that, I’m also training for my karate black belt test, which has been pretty time consuming. Things will probably be changing a lot…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, I do have discord. I don’t use it very much but I have it. You can stream things on discord?
Yeah! I don’t know why I haven’t thought of it before. Although, the question is whether it will stream well, but I’d say it’s worth a shot if you’re up for it!
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Writing Villains in the forum Characters 2 years, 6 months ago
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
I just had an idea! Do you have discord? What if we streamed it on there?
Yeah, I do have discord. I don’t use it very much but I have it. You can stream things on discord?
Yeah, there’s a few, I could find one and we can revive it, or we can make a new one.
Sure. Probably better to reuse an old one, but it doesn’t matter too much.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Writing Villains in the forum Characters 2 years, 6 months ago
Here’s one
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
I would also say that it depends on the villain’s role. Sometimes you need a sympathetic villain for the story to work. But yeah, in and of themselves, a non-sympathetic villain isn’t a bad thing.
True, of course ignoring the fact that a non-sympathetic villain by definition, is bad😂 (Someone was bound to do this, so I thought it might as…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, I think it’s important to remember that it’s never bad for a villain to be non sympathetic, it’s just all in the execution.
I would also say that it depends on the villain’s role. Sometimes you need a sympathetic villain for the story to work. But yeah, in and of themselves, a non-sympathetic villain isn’t a bad thing…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@thearcaneaxiom yeah, I think that’s probably why he’s in the category of “Not really a good guy, and not a guy I’d go and talk to alone, but not horrible either, and someone I might interact with if I knew I was safe from whatever he might do” whereas the other guy I was talking about……*shudders*
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@princesachronicle22 yep.
Although Vader and Kylo are two halves of the same coin tbh
then there’s Loki, who’s all over the place (technically he was kinda redeemed though? so does he still count?)
and I don’t exactly know the others, but I can tell they’re probably something like the ones I do know
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
True, anti-heros are separate from villains. The mere fact that he can be considered an anti-hero can push him over to likeable, though not always.
Yeah, some of these villains you can root for for different reasons. Some are sympathetic with sad backgrounds, others and just intriguing.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@thearcaneaxiom yeah, there are plenty of fandoms where something like that happens.
The first character I referred to was a kind of antihero, so he’s not a villain in the truest sense of the word, but I suppose the same rules can apply either way.
- Load More
