@abigail-m
Active 5 months, 2 weeks ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1242
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Hi! It is so nice to meet you! My name is Annabelle, and I love to read, write, draw, play the piano, sew, and do lots of other things! I also post on my blog, https://annabelle.batie.com, once every Monday, if you’re interested.
Wow, your introduction was AMAZING! It captured my attention right away.
Your WIP sounds very…[Read more]
-
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
WAIT. YOU’RE— OH! I totally hadn’t connected you to this username! Hi! XD 😀
-
Elfwing replied to the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
@kathleenramm i have considered it but I guess i feel fake using it. no offense to those who use them! they’re super cool.also i havent had much luck with them; very embarrassingly, the few i HAVE thought of I’ve thought of are used by authors of books i wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole XD
so i abbreviated my real name; I. L. Tanis. its weird…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Yay!
Ugh, especially when you know about a specific topic which isn’t all that hard to research. One which some authors consistently include the modern idea of it when it wasn’t like that at all! (Ugh!)
Hmm, so maybe something to do with the themes.
-
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Hi, Bleu! ^-^
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I really appreciate it. Your stories sound super good! I love the titles of your biblical fiction series. They sound really interesting. 😊
-
ella and
Lavender Bleu are now friends 4 years, 8 months ago -
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
I write under a pseudonym. To begin with it was just because I thought it sounded cooler and more fantastical than my real name, lol. And initials are pretty popular among speculative fiction authors (fantasy authors in particular). But as a woman it’s nice because I won’t have to worry about deciding whether or not to change the name I write by…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Oops, I just tagged myself for some obscure reason.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
*Deep curtsey*
It was rather enjoyable. May your characters be obedient to your whims and lively on paper.
I don’t know if it is common, or perhaps something doofy that happens to us. *Shrug*
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Did you like “The Raven”? I haven’t read any Poe. I don’t know if Ayn Rand is old as once again I haven’t read. I tend to avoid morbid stuff.
-
Kathleen started the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not?
I have considered it, and I have done it… multiple times. For novels I will probably always stick with my real name, however I pretty much always use pseudonyms for short story contests I participate in online. Mainly Reedsy’s short story contests as they have cool weekly…[Read more] -
Kathleen replied to the topic Put Your Topic of the Week Ideas HERE! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Why have I not done this questions yet?! Thanks so much for the idea!
I’ve seen some other articles with a similar topic as the one you linked, but this one is by far the best. The questions are really interesting and unique, I’m totally going to use this. Thanks!
Ooo, good idea! I’m surprised I…[Read more]
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
@joy-caroline Yay! A WIP chat (that I’m super late to! Sorry)! And I’m so excited for WFR 🙂
I’m about halfway through the first draft of a story my sister and I have been working on for years. Technically, this is around the third or fourth time we’ve tried to write it, but this is the new first draft of a freshly re-plotted version of the story…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
I agree!
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
That’s cool! I enjoy hearing about your writing and your fantasy creatures.
I’ve heard of the Waterfire Saga, but I started to read it and I wasn’t really keen on all the witches and magic stuff. (I know, I write fantasy, but I do very minimal magic). But still, that’s good that it’s a YA, so maybe my book isn’t the…[Read more]
-
Morgan replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for the info! Rest assured, I have no intention of making one of the twins evil. I didn’t realize that that was a common question twins are asked.
You sound a lot like my brother, except I didn’t do many strenuous physical things with him because he was so much older. He used to swordfight with my oldest sister all the…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
That’s amazing. You sound like both my older brothers😂 My closest brother always used to play sword fights with me, and I even got him to help me mock out a fight scene for my book a few weeks ago …
I’ve never been a twin or a brother, but I’ve had two older brothers, an older sister, and a younger sister. However, my brother…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Put Your Topic of the Week Ideas HERE! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
I haven’t been able to come up with anything you hadn’t already done, so I didn’t check this one. =]
Have you ever made up food for your books, and if so what was the weirdest?
-
Koshka replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Swapping is fun untill you get caught (speaking from personal experience).
- Load More
