@abigail-m
Active 5 months, 2 weeks ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1242
-
Lydia S. replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
CONGRATS ON YOUR NOVEL!!!! I’m so happy for you! XD That is so exciting.
Hi! Welcome to the KP forum! I’m Lydia. 🙂 You’re writing about mermaids?? How fun! I’ve dabbled in writing mermaid stories myself! I ended up dropping that project, but it was a retelling of Ariel called Rebel. (Now that I’m thinking about it,…[Read more]
-
Lydia S. replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Hi! I don’t think we’ve met yet. I’m Lydia. 🙂 Welcome (very belatedly) to the KP forum! As a side note, I saw you’re a fan of J.A.’s Persuasion, and I am, too! XD I think it’s my favorite J.A. book. 😀
-
Lydia S. replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Agh, WFR sounds FANTASTIC!!! I’m already rooting for Russel and Eliza. XD
Well, my WIPs are progressing minimally at the moment. However, my brain is still cooking up and mulling over scenes for my Biblical fiction series (And side books). And Simon (the Zealot). AH, I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. XD (Joining @elfwing in evil author…[Read more]
-
Lydia S. replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
Ah, yes, the multiplying storyline issue. I have dealt with this before, but not in an extreme form. (I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, honestly. lol) For my fantasy WIP, I started with a trilogy (and it might have even been meant to be a stand-alone, originally… I can’t remember). Then, the writer’s brain went…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
I started entering competitions and submitting work to magazines/anthologies when I was about 13 I think? I’m pretty sure I was first published at 14, and then had several other publications after that.
-
Scoutillus Finch replied to the topic The Great Trip Tragedy in the forum Poetry 4 years, 8 months ago
I love this poem!
-
Scoutillus Finch replied to the topic What's the most recent piece of writing advice you’ve been given? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Sounds fascinating! what’s interpolation?
Sounds interesting!
That’s a great idea! I should try it! (might be what i need to improve my action scenes)
The most recent writing advice I got was from my husband (who actually hates writing, but it was sound) about how guys vs. girls talk. He…[Read more]
-
Lydia S. replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
No kidding! They really do put up with quite a bit… XD
Hmmm… I’m not sure! Helmer’s death didn’t come as a surprise for me. *cough* I may or may not have skimmed through the ending the moment I got the book in my hands to see if he was there… And when he wasn’t, I may or may not have then skimmed through the rest of the…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic What's the most recent piece of writing advice you’ve been given? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Ohhh that’s a great piece of advice!! I’ll have to try that!
I’m not sure this is really counted as ‘advice’ or not, but once I was talking to my dear friend Elfwing. Now, she’s great at sticking with her world and exploring it in different books, kind of like Tolkien does. I, however, am the exact opposite. For me, there are just so many worlds…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What's the most recent piece of writing advice you’ve been given? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
What’s the most recent valuable piece of advice you’ve been given about writing?
Almost everything I learned about writing is from my older sister. She’s legit one of my favorite authors and that’s not because she’s my sister it’s because her writing is just that good.So, of course, I often ask her for advice. Recently I asked her if she had a t…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Haha, yeah pseudonyms are a great chance to have the name you always wished was yours lol.
Also, I really like the meaning behind your name archer! It constantly gives you the reminder of what you are aiming towards. Plus, it sounds cool which is a bonus.
I 100% agree with you about it being so much easier being…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Thx!! So this one isn’t my Allegorical fantasy fiction but it does have some allegorical elements, such as the Dark One representing the Devil and other things, God is in it, but it’s not based on a Bible story.
but the fantasy world they’re in is the same world my Allegorical Fantasies take place in (almost like how our Bible…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic How do I edit replies? in the forum Questions and Support 4 years, 8 months ago
@thelobsterlover
Hmmm… I’m going to have to check that out. I’ll get back to you soon if I figure anything out or make any changes to the website. Thanks for letting me know about the problem! -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
@faith-q You need to write at least one short story under Vierra F. Spring, and no one will understand except that one person who laughed at you.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
I was seriously considering using a pseudonym for several years, but I decided against it for a couple of reasons. One being that I started getting published when I was quite young, so my real name was already out there. I’ve won competitions under Chelsea Hindle, been published in magazines, and obviously did my internship here with that name, my…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Yes, I did just join YDubs! It’s great! I thought I recognized you from somewhere too LOL
My current WIP is called Identity, and it’s part of a series called Daughters of the Sea. It’s about mermaids.
So you’ve read all the Wingfeather books? Who’s your favorite character? What did you think of the ending?
That’s okay! I have trouble thinking o…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Sorry for being so late in responding.
Those are all great authors! I love Little Women.
So my main character, Maria, is actually half mermaid-half human, so do you think you could draw her as both? If not, then you can just draw her as a human. She has super long brown hair, blue eyes, long dark eyelashes, and she is fairly…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Poor Amy! I don’t know why, but every time I think about her artist talent, the foot and plaster incident comes to mind. When I first read LW I was more like Jo, but now I don’t line up with any of them really. *Shrug* Jo’s lines were my favorite part of the book.
Thank you from my former self. She would have been thrilled to…[Read more]
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin and
TheLobsterLover are now friends 4 years, 8 months ago -
Koshka replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Ooo, that would be awesome! My father has gone overseas as a missionary’s assistant, and I’m heard they’re beautiful.
So, my signature is sort of a joke. Literally translated it means: “I speak English. Glorify God!” (Or thank God as the context here implies).
- Load More
