My Series Keeps Growing!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy My Series Keeps Growing!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Issabelle Perry
    @issawriter7
      • Total Posts: 976

@godlyfantasy12

To be honest, I’ve never totally gone through this problem. At one time when I first started writing, I did a little bit but I never stuck with a story long enough that it mattered. XD My current series, The Heir Saga, is probably the one book I am the most in love with and is closest to my heart, but after the end of book three… I can’t really see anything beyond that for my character. So since I have like no experience and no advice, I’m just gonna offer the encouragement. 😉 Girl, no matter how crazy and hectic your story(ies) seem right now, that’s just the way God makes something beautiful happen!!!!! And, hey, your future fandom is gonna be GRATEFUL for the long series!!!! We ALWAYS wish the series to be longer. 😉 You just can’t get enough page time in your favorite world, after all!!! And you can already count me a member of this fandom, btw. You’ve GOT this, girl, and I am cheering you on ALL DA WAY!!!

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
      TeenWritersNook.com

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 3875

@godlyfantasy12 Crazy author brain!!!! Finally someone else who is like that! For me, my biggest thing is a lengthy Warrior Cats fanfiction. The real series has, like, 70 books counting side stories, so I’m glad I haven’t gotten to that point yet, but honestly I think I’m just giving every one of my favorite or most emotionally/physically tortured characters a book. And several of these are supposed to tell, like, their whole life stories.

Here’s the list: (may grow longer as I come up with more stories. They are in alphabetical order, not chronological.)

Beckstar’s Storm

Cassianstorm’s Promise

Crossfire’s Betrayal

Dunefur’s Loyalty

Falconstar’s Revenge

Feathertail’s Battle (note, to anyone who has read Warriors, this is not the same Feathertail)

Frodoflight’s Quest

Hunterclaw’s Trial

Indyfrost’s Challenge

Jayheart’s Journey

Kalluspelt’s Honor

Lenabolt’s Kits

Lokitooth’s Purpose

Moonpelt’s Mystery

Owenblaze’s Prophecy

Reywhisker’s Family

Sightclaw’s Lineage

Silverlight’s Secret

Tronstripe’s Past

KeeperClan’s Way Home (Sophiestar’s Clan)

Legends of ResistanceClan (Huxstone’s Tale)

PhoenixClan’s Protector (Ezratooth’s Training)

The Treacherous Warrior (Clupelt’s Destiny)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Trahia the Minstrel
        @trahia-the-minstrel
          • Total Posts: 193

@godlyfantasy12

I know exactly what you mean. My current WIP, The Prince of WalfKlau(working title) was originally intended to be my first-ever standalone. Ha.

Ha.

Ha.😂

I quickly realised I’d never be able to tell such an epic story in one book, and it quickly turned into a trilogy in my mind. I then wrote 94 chapters — yes, you read that right, 94, and finished the first draft of the first book. It didn’t take me very long to realise that the first book needed to be split into two. Not to mention completely rewritten when I changed my original idea somewhat — and there was this character who I sort of got to know as I wrote about him, who was a complete idiot at the start.

So yeah. I had to change him too.

And so my trilogy became a 6-book series in my mind — until I actually brainstormed ideal book endings for each book, and decided that 4 and 5 should be merged. So now it’s a 5-book series in my mind. Who knows how much this will change?

So, yeah … I totally get where you’re coming from😂. Keep persevering! And remember it’s okay to write more books as long as you’re enjoying it and it makes the story more epic and amazing! Have fun with it!

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
          That’s my wish to create.

Lydia S.
          @lydia-s
            • Total Posts: 399

@godlyfantasy12

Ah, yes, the multiplying storyline issue. I have dealt with this before, but not in an extreme form. (I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, honestly. lol) For my fantasy WIP, I started with a trilogy (and it might have even been meant to be a stand-alone, originally… I can’t remember). Then, the writer’s brain went to work, and lo and behold, books four and five appeared! 🙂 I’m sure that, sooner or later, I’ll go through it again, but for right now, I’ve hit a plateau (I think that’s good…?). Anyway, however crazy it feels, I think it’s a great thing when stories expand! Expanding a series gives you more room to delve into characters’ personalities, explore different aspects of your world, and incorporate themes. That’s my two cents on the topic, anyway. Hopefully, it was helpful or at least entertaining to read. 🙂 God bless your writing! <333

Folith-Feolin
            @folith-feolin
              • Total Posts: 310

@godlyfantasy12

Totally understand my series started out as a 4 book series and then became a 28 book series because I realized that I would need to be telling 7 different stories for the whole thing to work properly.

Whaley
              @whalekeeper
                • Total Posts: 2588

@folith-feolin That’s a bucket-load of books 🙂 How far are you into writing them?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Folith-Feolin
                @folith-feolin
                  • Total Posts: 310

Because the seven are heavily intertwined I plot out 7 at a time I am currently 50% through plotting the first seven. My plotting of things is really detailed.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                >