-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hello!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Yeah, once again though, this is the era of self publishing, so stories from indie writers from all over the planet are getting better and better access to the market, allowing a deep saturation of ideas, themes, and stories of all sorts of cultures, including African varieties. While I don’t know of many examples of African…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Do you think that the Paynes of the labor camp would use names still, but perhaps only in hushed tones especially around Pythonos?
Yeah I think so.
 An issue that I’m beginning to see now however is that it still feels like there’s no continuity of characters. Who do the readers connect to? Once they get to know one set of char…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@acancello @mineralizedwritings
Yeah I’m good with whatever 🙂
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hello!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
No worries, we all have lives, I knew you would get around to it eventually.
Those are excellent points. Things like dragons specifically might drag on the story’s ability to distinguish from other stories (pun almost unintended🤦♂️). Dragons are a unique case I think though, they can be unoriginal, but they have a timeless…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
I like the revisal. Do you think that the Paynes of the labor camp would use names still, but perhaps only in hushed tones especially around Pythonos?
Anyway, I it is a good introduction to Ottoline’s character. An issue that I’m beginning to see now however is that it still feels like there’s no continuity of characters. Who…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
True, but being for a younger audience doesn’t make rebels not star wars cannon for example. And Cecil G. Bagsworth is in it, so while it may be purely an easter egg, I think there are ways of making it work. That being said, there are definitely some non-Cosmere books that are going to be their own thing, like Infinity Blade.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Characters of England | A 19th Century Role Play in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@traiblazer
KP ate my original post where I had put all the ages of the McKinleys and so I had to hurry and redo it. So I must have forgotten to put Esther’s age, but she’s seven like @grcr said.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Characters of England | A 19th Century Role Play in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
They’re both still young though, so any romance between them would have to stay pretty light and not get too serious until they’re a little older. Bennett also is going to the army when he turns 17 or 18, but depending how their relationship would play out, they could write letters to each other and such.
I know you also said Tin…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
I’m sure that many have. I’ve looked into it a bit, and it seems like there’s been a lot of discussion amongst fans about it, and Sanderson has even planned on writing more books related to a multiverse like Frugal. 17th Shard simply says that it has been a common theory that poses similar evidences that I worked out and mentioned already.…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Characters of England | A 19th Century Role Play in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@grcr @whalekeeper @freedomwriter76 @smiley @trailblazer
Okay guys, sorry I’m late, but meet the McKinleys!
Reuben McKinley
He’s 45, with blue eyes and blonde hair. He’s very kind and loves to talk with people. He’s one of those parent’s who’ll stay hours at church talking with other parents! He’s good looking and muscular.
Ada McKinley
She’s…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Characters of England | A 19th Century Role Play in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@freedomwriter76 @smiley @trailblazer @grcr @everyone
Okay guys…sorry I’m late, but meet the McKinleys!
Reuben McKinley
45 years old, 6’3. He’s easygoing and friendly, very easy to talk to. He’s one of those parents that will stay at church for hours chatting it up. He has blue eyes and blonde hair, good looking and muscular.
Ada McK…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Characters of England | A 19th Century Role Play in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@freedomwriter76 @smiley @trailblazer @grcr @everyone
Sorry guys, I’m super late! Anything important that I missed that I should know before I make my “family”?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
A very different earth. North America for example is split up into islands, not a mainland, but that being said, it is still objectively an earth in history, cultures, and names, but that’s what makes the multiverse theory so compelling, especially with Frugal.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
Yeah, sorry I didn’t make that clearer😅 It would be odd for Rithmatist to be Cosmere, since it is explicitly an alternate earth, though he might of originally intended for the magic system to be used for a different planet instead, which would make sense.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
Oh, and legion also suggests the possibility of alternate realities in some discussion, where the different aspects could be real people elsewhere, but it’s half posed as a joke.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
I love siblings😂
Frugal Wizard, Rithmatist, Reckoners, as well as skyward, Alcatraz, Legion, and a few others I haven’t read or considered.
What makes the theory convincing to me is the continuity of interdimensional travel, and alternate earth history. It both makes basic continuity issues dissolve, but it is itself a continuity. They…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Warbreaker (Now in the correct section) in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
That is true, and I can say that his other books are still really good. I’m becoming increasingly convinced that they all exist together in a multiverse separate from the Cosmere.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Warbreaker (Now in the correct section) in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
Warbreaker is available online, in case you didn’t know.
That is very good to know, thanks!
Yeah, a friend of mine has finished all of the cosmere, and the majority of the rest of his books, and has been panicking about what else to read😄
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Warbreaker (Now in the correct section) in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
Well, too spoilery to me, I just didn’t read Hope of Elantris, and I think that’s it, because I haven’t read Elantris, but Emperor’s Soul, while on the same planet, was pretty stand alone. Unbounded basically has all side stories in the Cosmere with a few exceptions of newer stories, but they might be added later in updated…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Warbreaker (Now in the correct section) in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
I’ve recently finished Arcanum Unbounded, skipping over the few books that were too spoilery, but from that, I’ve read Emperor’s Soul, Forests of Hell, Sixth of Dusk, White Sands 1, as well as Mistborn: Secret History. Emperor’s Soul I found interesting, but from what I could tell at least, didn’t contain much impact on the grander…[Read more]
- Load More
