Warbreaker (Now in the correct section)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Warbreaker (Now in the correct section)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    HighScribe
    @highscribeofaetherium
      • Total Posts: 2215

@thearcaneaxiom

FYI, I believe Yumi has some spoilers for RoW (I am unsure how much is said, but they have the potential to be very big)

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by HighScribe.

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Cloaked Mystery
      @jonas
        • Total Posts: 2624

@highscribeofaetherium

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Sixth of the Dusk. Brandon Sanderson already released a few chapters from Secret Project #4 on his website. Fingers crossed one of the Shards we haven’t met yet make an appearance.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
        ✨ Magic System Creator
        🎭 Character RPer
        📚 Appreciator of Books

HighScribe
        @highscribeofaetherium

@jonas

HE DID??

TheArcaneAxiom
          @thearcaneaxiom
            • Total Posts: 1250

@jonas

I’ve recently finished Arcanum Unbounded, skipping over the few books that were too spoilery, but from that, I’ve read Emperor’s Soul, Forests of Hell, Sixth of Dusk, White Sands 1, as well as Mistborn: Secret History. Emperor’s Soul I found interesting, but from what I could tell at least, didn’t contain much impact on the grander Cosmere, but it was fun, so I do recommend if you care to. Forests of Hell takes place on threnody, and it was a bit of a horror, but not the scariest I’ve seen from Sanderson. WaW 2, and one scene from Edgedancer I think are the most horror type stories I’ve read from him. This one is horrific with the concept of spren that can turn you into dust if you break any rules that are reminiscent to Jewish sabbath practices. It’s more the grim view of that characters themselves that is the darkest part I think, though not in the way of horror. Sanderson plans on using Threnody in the future, so it might be good to read for future reference, but other than that, it didn’t really contain anything substantial to the cosmere if that’s your focus.  Sixth of Dusk was fun, and did have connections to far future events in the Cosmere, when space travel becomes far more common place, and smaller planets like this one have to figure out what they’re going to do about the people of the sky. White Sands I learned had a format that could be enjoyed outside of graphic novel form, so that is helpful to those who don’t favor graphic novels, and it’s important for grander Cosmere. Secret History was crazy, and gave very detailed explanations of a lot of things for me, though as things often do, it raised a lot more questions.

@highscribeofaetherium

I heard about it as well, but I’ve been told that it is simply around a specific character that you won’t fully understand until RoW, but I’m going to read Yumi anyways, because I’ve been told that it’s just learning the same things in a different order. I need to do it that way anyways, because I don’t have much more time left before I can no longer read for entertainment purposes for an extended amount of time.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Cloaked Mystery
            @jonas

@thearcaneaxiom
              Ok, nice! I don’t only care about things that are important to the Cosmere, I’m more interested in the ones that are, so Elantris, WaW, Secret History, and SA 2.5 and 3.5 are at the top of my reading list for now, but after that I’ll look into some of the others.
              What books in Arcanum Unbounded were too spoilery? What’s even in there? I know it has Edgedancer, the Eleventh Metal, and the Hope of Elantris.

Other than what you skipped in Arcanum, are the only Cosmere books you haven’t read Stormlight 3, 3.5, and 4, and Yumi?

🏰 Fantasy Writer
              ✨ Magic System Creator
              🎭 Character RPer
              📚 Appreciator of Books

TheArcaneAxiom
              @thearcaneaxiom

@jonas

Well, too spoilery to me, I just didn’t read Hope of Elantris, and I think that’s it, because I haven’t read Elantris, but Emperor’s Soul, while on the same planet, was pretty stand alone. Unbounded basically has all side stories in the Cosmere with a few exceptions of newer stories, but they might be added later in updated versions.

There’s Emperor’s Soul, Hope of Elantris, Eleventh Metal, Mistborn: Secret History, Alomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania (It’s a WaW thing), White Sands chapter 1, Shadows of Silence in the Forests of Hell, Sixth of Dusk, and Edgedancer.

So what is still on my to do is Elantris, Hope of Elantris, Stormlight 3, 3.5, and 4, and Warbreaker. That’s better than I thought actually, I must be missing something… but I don’t know.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Cloaked Mystery
                @jonas

@thearcaneaxiom

So what is still on my to do is Elantris, Hope of Elantris, Stormlight 3, 3.5, and 4, and Warbreaker. That’s better than I thought actually, I must be missing something… but I don’t know.

That sounds about right to me. It sounds like you’ve read most of the side stories, and are only missing some of Stormlight, Elantris, and Warbreaker, whereas I’ve only read Mistborn Era 1, Stormlight 1, 2, 3, and 4, and Warbreaker. (Warbreaker is available online, in case you didn’t know.)

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                  ✨ Magic System Creator
                  🎭 Character RPer
                  📚 Appreciator of Books

TheArcaneAxiom
                  @thearcaneaxiom

@jonas

Warbreaker is available online, in case you didn’t know.

That is very good to know, thanks!

Yeah, a friend of mine has finished all of the cosmere, and the majority of the rest of his books, and has been panicking about what else to read😄

Cloaked Mystery
                    @jonas

@thearcaneaxiom

lol. It probably won’t be too long before I’m in the same boat. It sounds like I can get most of the things I haven’t read yet in Arcanum Unbounded, so I just need that, Elantris, the secret projects, and white sands. I’m a super fast reader. I read SA 1 – 4 in about a month, and Mistborn Era 1 (on audiobook) in like two and a half weeks (although that was over summer), so after those entire series, everything else will be finished almost immediately lol. And then I will have nothing to read. I guess Stormlight 5 is coming next year.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                      ✨ Magic System Creator
                      🎭 Character RPer
                      📚 Appreciator of Books

TheArcaneAxiom
                      @thearcaneaxiom

@jonas

That is true, and I can say that his other books are still really good. I’m becoming increasingly convinced that they all exist together in a multiverse separate from the Cosmere.

HighScribe
                        @highscribeofaetherium

@jonas

Wait- it took you a whole month??

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by HighScribe.

Cloaked Mystery
                          @jonas

@thearcaneaxiom

Huh. That would be pretty crazy. Aside from the Cosmere there’s Frugal Wizard, Rithmatist, Reckoners. Anything else?

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                            ✨ Magic System Creator
                            🎭 Character RPer
                            📚 Appreciator of Books

HighScribe
                            @highscribeofaetherium

@jonas

Skyward.

Cloaked Mystery
                              @jonas

@highscribeofaetherium

Do you expect me to read each of those gigantic books in less than a week each??? I read TWoK in about a week and a half, WoR in less than a week, OB in about a week, and RoW in less than a week.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                                ✨ Magic System Creator
                                🎭 Character RPer
                                📚 Appreciator of Books

HighScribe
                                @highscribeofaetherium

@jonas

All of those took me less than a week.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >