You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Hannah R.
    @his-instrument
      • Total Posts: 229

In response to your comment about seeing the world in a different way, @kate-flournoy, what a great story that would make! Maybe I’ll have time to write it after I graduate high school and college and after my potential future kids grow up and then I retire from whatever job I might have and have tons of time on my hands. 🙂
      And @daeus, you need to try eating sungold tomatoes. They’re little orange cherry tomatoes and they taste like berries. Nothing at all like other tomatoes. I’m not much of a big tomato person, but these are amazing tomatoes.

YA Fantasy Writer
      Obsessive Character Namer
      Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@his-instrument Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

ClaireC
        @clairec
          • Total Posts: 628

You know you are a writer when you imagine yourself as the heroine of your story and find yourself thinking through her mind.

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Corissa Maiden of Praise
          @corissa-maiden-of-praise
            • Total Posts: 256

You know you’re a writer when you decide something specific should happen to the characters you’ve been reading about, and then you finish all the stories and it doesn’t… so you dream about it instead. 🙂

Sherlock Holmes, anyone?

@kate-flournoy
            @BlueJay @daeus @hope @anne-of-lothlorien

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Hope Ann
            @hope
              • Total Posts: 1092

You are lucky with your dreams, @corissa-maiden-of-praise. Mine aren’t nearly as exciting. I do dream about some books or movies on occasion, but not my own. My own ‘exciting’ dream last week had to do with my brothers getting up earlier and me trying to keep them in bed so I could have some quiet time… *smirks*

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@hope I kind of have a reputation for crazy dreams… and for loving the most dangerous ones. 🙂

I (recently) slept in a 3 1/2 by 4 1/2 tent with one thin blanket and my oldest pillow to see what tight confinement would feel like. 😉 I’m blaming that on being a writer. I needed the experience. 😀

Although it paid off in dream-land too, since I was kidnapped twice that night… 😀 😀 😀

Hannah R.
                @his-instrument
                  • Total Posts: 229

@corissa-maiden-of-praise I have always wanted to go out in the middle of a woods somewhere wearing a cape and carrying a knapsack and sleep on the leaves. I’m gonna do it someday.
                  I did get the amazing chance to play a hiding game in the woods during a moonlit night last year. It was great. It was one of those games where one person is “it” and if you get tagged you have to scream and then you’re dead and everyone else has to figure out who “it” is. There’s a flashlight hidden somewhere in the playing field, and the only way to eliminate “it” is to shine the flashlight in his or her face. Ideal setting… walking through a dark woods, hearing screams, hiding behind a log, fearing for your life…

YA Fantasy Writer
                  Obsessive Character Namer
                  Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@his-instrument That game sounds amazing! Only I don’t think we could get far enough away from civilization that our parents would allow us to really and truly scream. 😛 🙂

And yes, cape, knapsack, and leaf bed. Or, more ideally, a bed of pine-needles. That is definitely on my list of things I’d like to do… someday. 😉

BlueJay
                    @bluejay
                      • Total Posts: 1622

@his-instrument I have played this kind of game before. It’s a little bit different to what you do though. We play it inside with the lights out. The detective is in a different room. Someone the murderer squeezes someone’s shoulder and they scream and drop “dead” them the detective comes in and has to figure out who done it.

We played once in town at my brother’s house with a group of friends. We still screamed. (and for the recorded, I have the loudest scream. I freaked everybody out. 😛 )

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@BlueJay I love the rare opportunities I have to scream. 🙂 At our church we have Family School in the morning instead of Sunday School, and a lot of the times our Pastor will call on volunteers to come up and play different parts… so when he was looking for someone to play Potiphar’s wife, I quickly volunteered. Which surprised him; he didn’t think anyone would actually want the part. 🙂 The longer we go there, the more I’m convinced he thinks @hope and I are crazy. Not that I’m denying the possibility… 😛 😀

So is the detective allowed to ask questions? How’s that part of the game work? It sounds like great fun!

BlueJay
                        @bluejay

@corissa-maiden-of-praise Haha Yes screaming is fun as long as you don’t have to do it. When you actually need to scream it is generally scary.
                          I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of the theatre Sight and Sound, but I’ve seen Joseph via DVD and Potiphar’s wife actually has an awesome role. 🙂
                          So the detective is allowed to ask any question he/she wants. (I’ll just use he) He may even ask the question “did you murder this person” but we the people, may lie (terrible game I know) The main way to do it, is to ask different question, such as “where were you” “Did you feel anyone move after the scream” and things like that. 🙂

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@BlueJay There was actually a game I played once (at church, believe it or not… the Pastor’s kid was even playing. 😉 ) that was called Liar. Basically the mixed up a bunch of different decks of cards, dealt out so many, and then on your turn you would put down whatever cards you wanted, and said something like “I’m putting down 5 3s.” You may or may not be telling the truth, but no one knows since the cards are face down. If someone thinks you’re lying, they call you out on it, and the cards are turned over. If you were, you get all the cards that are face down. If you weren’t, the other person gets all the cards. Whoever gets rid of their cards first wins. 🙂
                            Also, that game sounds like good practice for lie detection and detective skills in general… I may try it sometime. 😉

BlueJay
                            @bluejay

Yes, I’ve played that game. We call it Cheat. @corissa-maiden-of-praise

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@BlueJay What nice, Christian games we’ve all come up with! 😉

BlueJay
                                @bluejay
                                Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >