Writers' Corner #21

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #21

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 899 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Ah, that’s right. I’d forgotten about you moving.

Ten minutes?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Ten minutes it is!

I’ll start now.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@seekjustice I didn’t do overly well.  Got 214 words.  But it’s a start. 🙂

Want to share favorite sentences or last sentences or something?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I got 220, so I beat you by six words 😛

sure, my last sentence was this:

Good gracious

Courageous’ pov 😀 Unfortunately, I forgot I had to go out tonight, so I must leave my warm and cuddly spot (good gracious, this is Australia, it’s summer and its freezing) and go into town. Farewell. Will you be on tomorrow do you think?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@seekjustice He should meet up with Quillon and learn how to say “gracious goodness.”

My last (full) sentence was

With a pop, he landed on a bright black and orange fuzzy rug and did a somersault before bouncing to his feet.

(“Pop” because he popped out of somewhere onto the fuzzy rug… 😛 it sounds so weird.)

Aw, too bad. 🙁 About the weather, though…I’m pretty sure it’s still way hotter there than it is here! 😛 I am not sure if I’ll be on tomorrow.  I think if I am, it won’t be until really late – around this time or a bit earlier.  So it’ll probably just depend on how tired I am.  Hope to talk to you soon, though, for sure!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@Rochellaine

I feel like Courageous and Quillon would like each other a lot 🙂

I’m just imagining a bright orange and black fuzzy rug and its kind of weird?

Well, I looked up the temperatures there yesterday. Apparently it was 2 (celsius) at 4am. Here, at 4 it was 9. So seven degrees difference and we’re supposed to be in the high 30s! Gracious goodness.

I’m actually not sure if I will be around much today. We’re considering getting a dog, so we’re driving to see it 🙂

I’ve still got 5k to go on NaNo though, so hopefully I can get some writing done in the car.

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@seekjustice

Now you’ve started me wondering whether Chara and Bathshua would like each other, and I’m still undecided. 😛

😀 You’re right, it is weird.  Not really appealing to the aesthetic tastes, is it? 😉 But it might be fun.

Oh wow, I’m sorry it’s so cold!  Cold is bad enough in the winter time, but in the summer…eek! 🙁

What kind of dog are you thinking of getting? We have had a German Shepherd in the past, and now we have Shih Tzus. Do you have any other dogs besides this new one you’re looking at?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Oh, that’s hard. I’m not sure if they would.

We ended up getting him 🙂 he’s a labrador, named Jack ( now my sister wants to get another dog and name him Davy) . We used to have a labrador cross mutt who was lovely but she died some time ago. Mum found a really nice lady (homeschooled, American with a super strong Southern accent) who didn’t have time for him anymore and decided to take him, partly because it’ll just be nice to have a dog to cuddle with everything going on at the moment 😀

(I would love a German Shepherd one day!)

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@seekjustice

I’ve read books by a few different authors who had “cameos” from characters in other series they had written previously. 😀 That was fun.  But you really couldn’t have a crossover between Courageous and Infinity, and I could not have a crossover between my western and DoJ. 😛

Labs are pretty.  What color is he? Are Jack and Davy Australian historical figures?  I read a book where someone named their fish Darby and Juliet because they wanted to do something different. (rather than Romeo and Juliet, or Darby and Joan)

German Shepherds are nice, but they’re a little big for me.  I prefer smaller dogs.  My favorite large dog, though, is a black and white husky.  Those are absolutely beautiful!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Ah, yes, those are fun. But I agree that it wouldn’t work 😛

He’s golden/whitish, I forget what they call that colour. And no, 😀 she was thinking of Jack and Davy in Newsies.

I tend to prefer big dogs (I’m always scared of hurting little ones 😛 ). I find it really hard to choose a favourite type of dog, but I do like huskies. and big Schnauzers and poodles. I like a lot of the hunting and retrieving dogs 🙂 Have you ever heard of Papillions? Our neighbour has some of those and they’re such funny things.

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice

Oh, I see! 😀

Yes, it is frightening to think that there’s a possibility of tripping over or stepping on one of the little dogs.  But they are so adorable!  I don’t recognize the name “Papillon” but I looked for pictures, and I feel like I’ve seen that type of dog before.  They’re really cute.  I have to say I like Shih Tzus best, though. 😉

I’m listening to the two released songs from the new Mary Poppins Returns.  Have you heard of it?

Oh, and have you had a chance yet to take a look at Silent Night?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                          @valtmy
                            • Total Posts: 732

(crawls out from the brink of oblivion)

@seekjustice
                            @rochellaine @jenwriter17

Hey, anyone around?

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I did have a listen to it, I haven’t finished though. I like the sound 🙂

And I’ve heard of Mary Poppins returns. Not really sure how good it will be though!

@valtmy

Hello! I’ve got good news and bad news.

Good news is that Wattle Fire is halfway done

Bad news is that I’m starting again. Completely rewriting it 😛

valtmy
                              @valtmy
                                • Total Posts: 732

@seekjustice

😛 In essence, you could have just distilled it to, “It’s back to square one for Wattle Fire.” (Not in terms of writing, of course, since I’m sure you gained some insights on that. But as a reader waiting for it, it is square one).

I’ve got good and bad news for you too.

Good news is that I’m preparing QOD Part 3 for upload.

Bad news is that I’m dissatisfied with some parts in Chapters 8 and 9 so I won’t be releasing it for review yet. 😛

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@valtmy

Essentially. Though I’m going for a much more detailed outline which will help me write more quickly. In fact, I think most of my writing issues this month were because of the outline that I wrote, so I’m hoping solidifying some of the character goals and making the plot more streamline will help it go faster.

Yay!

(But did P2 finish? I thought it ended mid sentence or something like that).

Drat chapters 8 and 9!

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 899 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >