Writers' Corner #21

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #21

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 899 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice I’m reading up on this page and see you saying something about seeing Les Miserables live???!!  That’s so cool!! 😀  Did you like it?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
      @ariel-ashira
        • Total Posts: 739

@rochellaine Cool!  I have not heard of that.  Was it fun?

Have you seen Jesus at Sight and Sound Theatre?

"In a mask, was he?"

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice
          • Total Posts: 3365

@Rochellaine

I actually looked it up last time you mentioned it, but I couldn’t find any recordings on YouTube. And I hadn’t heard of it before. Was it good?

I loved it! I only just got back from it actually. And yeah, it was brilliant. The actors were really good. The only thing was that it was occasionally odd listening to an Australian cast when I’m so used to American, British, French and German casts 🙂

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

valtmy
          @valtmy
            • Total Posts: 732

@seekjustice

Hi good to know you enjoyed yourself at Les Mis. 🙂

So how inspired are you now for SFI/Wattle Fire? 😛

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@valtmy

I really want to start on SFI’s third draft.

But I am strong. I will finish Wattle Fire…sooner or later.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

valtmy
              @valtmy

@seekjustice

I get the feeling. Always get that after watching a good show. Got it for QOD after watching 42nd Street. 😛

Sooner or later? That’s a crucial phrase you inserted there. 😛

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@valtmy

I have so many plot scraps running around in my head, and Les Mis just added about a hundred more. I may have asked before, but what’s 42nd Street about?

Yep.

valtmy
                  @valtmy

@seekjustice

It’s a musical which sort of partially inspired QOD. I watched it back when I was staying in London. It is not a deep show by any means and the plot and character development is not there but I listen to some of the soundtrack when I do my writing for QOD. 😛

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@valtmy

Interesting. 🙂 It’s funny all the weird places inspiration comes from 😛

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@seekjustice I found a website that has a recording of the entire opera (which I’m listening to right now 😉 ):

https://www.npr.org/2012/04/23/151211677/hear-the-opera-that-just-won-the-pulitzer

And the libretto here:

http://www.billholabmusic.com/Silent%20Night/Silent-Night-Libretto.pdf

And a few scenes from the opera on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL80E6E5EDF3B38A62

I hope those sites work for you in Australia.

Yes, I loved it!  Of course, I don’t speak French, German, Latin or Italian…but they had the words translated on a screen above the stage so we were able to follow along.  And a lot of it was in English.

Haha, that does sound like it would feel funny.  If you’re used to hearing something in one accent, and it comes out another, it sounds very strange. 😛  I’m glad you liked it, though!  Was there one actor who stuck out as especially amazing throughout the show?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@Rochellaine

I’ll have a look at it when I get home then 🙂

My favourite actors were the ones that played Valjean, Marius and Gavroche. They were really good. The bloke playing Valjean was really young, he was actually almost turned down in the auditions for being too young, but he was a fantastic singer and I think he did the part extremely well. The kid playing Gavroche was only eleven, but he was also really good (especially in his death scene). My littlest brother really liked him too, and said he liked him more than the Gavroche in the movie, which I think is high praise 🙂

And Marius just had a beautiful voice.

Ariel Ashira
                          @ariel-ashira
                            • Total Posts: 739

@seekjustice That is SO COOL you got to see Les Mis!!!

A better Gavroche than Daniel Huttlestone?  That is hard to imagine…

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@seekjustice Are you here?  Want to word war or chat or something?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@rochellaine Hello! I was wondering if you’d disappeared into an abyss or something. Sure, I can word war with you. I’ve only written 77 words today.

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@seekjustice Thankfully, no abyss. 😛  Just Thanksgiving, and crazy moving to a new house sort of stuff.

Sounds great!  I’ve got an idea for a short story that I want to try out, so I’ll pull up a blank document while you name the time.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 899 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >