Writers' Corner #21

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #21

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 899 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@valtmy

Well, I don’t think Juqing would like Courageous and he certainly wouldn’t like Courageous court. Whether Courageous would like Juqing or not, I’m not sure.

And yes, I think Juqing would definitely bully Courageous, and Courageous would probably run away to Antarctica.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

valtmy
      @valtmy
        • Total Posts: 732

@seekjustice

Haha so what did you think of this old draft of mine?

Courageous court? What is that?

If Courageous would run away to Antarctica, wouldn’t that mean that he definitely wouldn’t like Juqing?

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice

I liked it and I definitely think it has potential but I think it would need to be rewritten. The writing didn’t seem as good as in QoD and the characters didn’t seem as well developed, but maybe that’s just  because its shorter.

Courageous’s court, was what I meant. It basically goes round on the ideals of courtly love.

Yes, I suppose so. I doubt he’d like Antarctica any more though

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

valtmy
          @valtmy

@seekjustice

Yeah, well, it’s just 3 chapters. Though I have written 7 chapters for ROF, I posted only the first 3. But, really, there was a difference in the writing? I thought my writing for QOD was similar to this. Maybe I’ve improved? 😛

Well, but it’s not as though courtly love is an actual force that governs the universe, right? So he might be able to whip everyone into shape to his own liking. Or just replace them all. 😛

Poor Courageous. Everywhere he goes, he suffers. I don’t suppose he would like living in my story worlds anymore than he likes his current universe, right? 😛 Would there ever be a place where he will be happy?

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@valtmy

I thought there was. The writing in ROF wasn’t bad but I thought it was rather lackluster compared to QOD. It wasn’t as funny and wasn’t really distinctive. Its an older work isn’t it? I’d say your voice has probably just improved.

I’m sure its been established that Courageous needs whipping into shape himself and is probably not capable of doing it for others.

He is happy in the end,once there’s been a few attempted assassinations and he’s been deposed from his throne etc. He gets his happy ending eventually though.

valtmy
              @valtmy

@seekjustice

I won’t be on today but will likely be tomorrow since there’ll be a day off. 😀

Just dropping by to clarify: No, of course Courageous won’t be whipping anyone into shape. I meant that Juqing could probably whip Courageous’ court into shape. That or just replace them all.

A happy ending? Oh dear, is that a spoiler? 😛

valtmy
                @valtmy

@seekjustice @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @catwing

(pokes head out)

Anyone around?

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine
                    • Total Posts: 3322

@valtmy Hello, I’m here!  I’ve actually been writing a poem, but didn’t see you were here until now that I’ve finished.

Guess I’ll get on to some serious work now, writing Daughter of Judas. 😉

How are you doing?  Is your character (sorry, I can’t spell her name 😉 ) still worried about how to repay that woman for her sacrifice?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                    @valtmy

@rochellaine

Hi! Oh, it’s been a while since I last heard about Bathshua (that is still her name right? Because I thought you were thinking of changing it). How’s she doing? Still miserable?

Haha the concern you and @seekjustice have for what Myeongwol is up to is really cute. That sentence really had unfortunate implications, didn’t it? 😛 But yes, I’ve been stuck on this scene for a while since it has not been flowing well.

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@valtmy Yes, I think I’m keeping her name as Bathshua.  I’m expecting people to think it’s weird, but I’m also expecting them to pretty much accept it because it’s set in a time period they’re already going to think is pretty different, so a weird name won’t be so strange.  And I have a specific reason I need her to be named Bathshua.

Er…uh-huh.*sheepish face*  She’s still miserable.  I feel terrible about it when I consider the fact, since my characters are usually so happy, and I don’t think she’s been happy at all yet.  I’m thinking I’ll have to add in at least one happy scene when I go back through to edit.  😛

Aw, I know exactly what you mean! 🙁  I ended up skipping a big section of my WIP since I was stuck and couldn’t write it.  So now I have major editing ahead of me once I finish.  Yay! 😛

Would you like to have a word war?  Maybe that’ll help you get past the rough spot.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                        @valtmy

@rochellaine

Ah, yes. For my own characters, I usually choose their names based on the meaning and what is fitting (unless I really, really can’t think of anything in particular and go with something that just sounds nice). I had a blast researching the meaning of different Korean names.

Well, Myeongwol is still miserable as well so don’t worry about being a mean author because if you’ve read Part 2, you would know that I’m a very cruel one myself. We once discussed about whether Myeongwol and Bathshua could commiserate right? 😛

I’ll need to go take the laundry first. I’ll let you know when I’m done then we can do the word war.

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@valtmy I don’t always do so, but I had a particular reason for using the meanings of names in this book, especially since name meanings were more specifically used in that time period than they are now.

I think we may have. It might have been Chara, though.  I think we concluded that (whichever one of my characters it was) my character would just be annoyed with yours, so commiseration would end in a quarrel and they’d be no better off.  Or something like that. 😀

Haha, what a coincidence!  I was just about to apologize and say I couldn’t do a word war yet, because I have to do some laundry too! 😛

See you in a bit.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                            @valtmy

@rochellaine

Chores remain the same no matter what part of the world we are. 😛 Well, my laundry is all nicely hung now so let me know when you return.

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@valtmy I’m back now! 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                                @valtmy

@rochellaine

All right. 15 minutes?

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 899 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >