Writers' Corner #15

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #15

Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17
      • Total Posts: 2522

@alia @ariel-ashira @seekjustice @rochellaine Anybody available for a quick 5 minutes word war?

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
      www.jennaterese.com

Ariel Ashira
      @ariel-ashira
        • Total Posts: 739

@alia *sighs and feels a little lonley* So true!  I wanna meet so many of you guys!  Keep hoping!

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@jenwriter17 Yes! Just give the word to start. 🙂  I’m standing by.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
          @jenwriter17

@rochellaine okay, START! 😀

www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 I wrote 173 words.  How about you?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 It was supposed to be five minutes, right?  Or did I misunderstand you?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
                @jenwriter17

@rochellaine I got 247 😉

I have to go now. Thank you so much for the war! It always helps to get things going. 🙂

www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 Okay, goodbye!  Nice seeing you if only for a few minutes!

@seekjustice
                    Have you had a chance yet to look over that little piece I gave you yesterday?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice
                      • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I scanned it, but I haven’t read it properly yet. I’ll actually go and do that right now. How’d your conference go?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@seekjustice It went okay. 🙂  We saw a lot of old friends, so that was nice.  We’re going again tomorrow for the second day of it.  Do you ever go to homeschool conferences?

Oh, in answer to your earlier question, once my dad had a business awards meeting in Bermuda, so he took all of us there.  That was amazing!!! 😀

So you have a lot of things you want to do in America?  What exactly do you mean? 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Cool! My parents used to go to homeschool conferences but they’d always leave us at home. I’ve never been to one. But our area has a lot of homeschoolers in it anyway.

Bermuda sounds really nice 🙂

Have you heard of the Realm Makers conference? Its a Christian writers thing and I’ve always wanted to go. I’d like to see New York, even though I don’t like cities that much, just because its so different from anything in Australia. I’d also love to see the Rockies and Ohio, the Smithsonian Institution and a myriad of other things.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh, too bad.  But I was mostly wanting to know because homeschool conferences are often not like normal conferences, so I was wondering if you knew the difference. 🙂

Yes, I’ve heard of it, but it’s not something I’d be interested in since it’s all about fantasy and probably will have a lot of magic and sorcery discussions going on there. 😉

Uh, those things all sound cool, but I hope you realize a couple of things. 😛  1. New York doesn’t look anything like what it looks like in Newsies. 2. To drive from New York to the Rocky Mountains would take 44 hours. 😀 😀 😀  You probably do know this, but I’m just making sure, since most people from outside the U.S. don’t realize how big it really is.

You should definitely come visit the Smithsonian.  It’s only about an hour away from where we live! (Actually we have people stay with us all the time when they’re visiting D.C. rather than going to a hotel.) My brother goes to the Smithsonian quite often to hear music lectures and performances.

When will you come?  Tomorrow?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I’ve been to mission conferences before, are they kind of like that?

I think its technically for speculative fiction writers, so sci-fi and dystopian too, which is more what I did be interested in. I haven’t read a good YA fantasy in…basically forever. Most of the fantasy I like were written by people who are dead 😉

I’ve never seen Newsies, so I’ve basically got no idea how it portrays New york. Actually come to think of it I like the idea of visiting New York but I would probably hate it if I actually went there.

Yeah, my USA geography is super off, I have no idea where anything is. But 44 hrs isn’t a lot compared to the travelling I’ve done in the outback.

That’s awesome! I can come stay with you and visit the Smithsonian 😉

Yep sure…just let me book my tickets 😛

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice Dunno.  Never been to mission conferences. 😛  They’re probably similar, but I really have no idea.

Well, I really loved the Chuck Black Kingdom series when I read it a few years ago, and I also loved the Gilbert Morris Seven Sleepers series, even though the latter has a lot of plothole or timeline confusions between the different books.  However, the best Christian speculative/fantasy/adventure/sci-fi/YA/teen/how-many-categories-do-I-really-need-to-list series I can remember are the Frank Peretti Cooper Kids books.  Those are amazing.  Just, completely amazing. 🙂

People who are dead, huh? 😀  I think I remember you’ve read something by H.G. Wells?  Anything in particular you’re thinking of?  (I do read fantasy/sci-fi… no, I’m not going through that again… sometimes.)

Oh, haha.  I thought you’d seen some of the clips, and I thought you’d seen the musical, since you talk about it so much.  Do you just listen to the soundtrack?  Well, New York is actually a cool place to visit.  I wouldn’t like to live there, but it is interesting for a short while.

Haha, well, I guess Australia’s about the same size as America, and it’s really the Europeans that have a hard time with the size of things here.  I don’t recall ever meeting an Australian in real life, though we have some New Zealander friends. (Don’t worry, I know that New Zealand and Australia are two completely different countries! 🙂 ) So I can’t really tell what an Australian’s reaction would be to the US.

Great! I’ll tell my mom you’re coming, so we can make sure there’s sleeping space.  Just let us know the time of your flight so we can pick you up. 😉 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Let’s just assume they are 😉

I’ve never finished either of those series, i researched the actual Seven sleepers myth and was so creeped out i never went back.

I also read one of the Cooper kid stories but it also terrified me. I know I wouldn’t find it scary now, but the memory has been tainted and I’d never be able to enjoy it. 🙂

I love H.G. Wells, I especially liked the Invisible Man. I’m a fan of Jules Verne, Tolkien, Lewis, George MacDonald, Lloyd Alexander…all the dead people. Except Lloyd Alexander, not sure if he’s dead.

I just listen to the Broadway soundtrack. I think I’ve listened to a couple of the movie songs too, but I’ve never seen either the full movie or the musical.

I think Australia is physically smaller than the US but there’s a lot more isolation in Australia though. You can go a lot further without seeing anyone and basically the whole of the outback is uninhabited.

Haha, I think some people get poor little NZ confused with the Aussie states.

Most Aussies despise America, I think more because of the politics than the actual country or people though 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,010 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >