Writers' Corner #15

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #15

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Oh yes!  Now I remember I was laughing with my sister the other day over the fact that Quillon says “Gracious goodness, it hurts!” when he gets shot.  We were laughing because that’s my sister’s particular exclamation, and I always tell her she says it backwards, since most people say “goodness gracious.”  So I do remember from the last book that he had a low tolerance for pain.

Your characters have major identity problems.  Zac was acting like Sydney Carton, and then he changed his name from MacLachlan to Stoner, so that makes him Darnay.  Justice was Darnay, as the love interest and the falsly accused, but now you say he’s Lucie Manette.  Chessy was Lucie Manette, but now that you say Justice is Lucie, who has she become?! 😀 😀 😀

Okay, here’s the document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rGrFtvYzkiyv36PEzT6HfajBrAqyLbRoD2xkRC2SdVE/edit?usp=sharing 

@jess-penrose
      I was sitting in a concert hall during intermission a few days ago and talking with my sister about possibly killing my characters, when I realized I was calling my characters by their names rather than speaking of them as characters.  I began to desperately hope I wouldn’t be arrested for conspiracy to murder. 😛

Yessss…but the only situation I can come up with that would involve Chara starving would also include major mental torture.  If she’s in a situation where she can’t get food then she’s lost, and she can’t deal with being lost.  That’s part of her character. 🙂  So it’s either none or both.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Haha, that’s hilarious 😀 I feel I’d get on really well with your family. And yeah, he hadn’t even been properly shot, just grazed. Meanwhile, Justice has been shot seven times 😀

My sister and I were talking about this the other day, when I realised that he’d become some weird amalgamation of Lucie and Charles Darnay. And Zac is some weird amalgamation of Charles Darnay and Sydney Carton. And Chessy is just awesome. I mean, the fact is, she is neither like Lucie in personality, or in the role she plays in the story, so…I don’t know.

Cool, I’ll have a look over it :D. I need to go now and I don’t know if you’ll be here when I get back, so have a nice night (or, you know, morning).

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

J.A. Penrose
        @jess-penrose
          • Total Posts: 377

@rochellaine Ugh. Poor her. *gives Chara pizza* Make sure that this gives her more of a chance to develop as a character then! *claps happily at the character arcs.*

Writer | Freelance Editor
          Inspiration&lt

J.A. Penrose
          @jess-penrose

@seekjustice @rochellaine Ack. Be back. Chickens need food.

Inspiration&lt

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

Hey, for all of you people who read this topic, such as Ariel and Alia and probably others I don’t know about. 😛  I agree with Jess about disclaimers, so I’m putting in a disclaimer here.

You see, as I said earlier, the fact that I deleted it makes it sound worse than it really was, so to assure you that I didn’t have a weird or horrible sickness or anything I’ll just give in and tell you what I originally said before deleting that section. 😀

So what happened was one day I was busy – and later just lazy – and forgot to eat a couple of meals and ended up almost fainting, but I was able to eat a little and then I recovered very quickly.  I thought it was strange that I’d forgotten to eat since most of my siblings wouldn’t consider that possible, and kind of embarrassing that I almost fainted just because of my carelessness, but anyway, this should assure you that nothing very bad happened to me. 😉  That’s what I was comparing to my character Chara’s experiences.

*runs and hides* *peeks back in* Does everything make sense now?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@seekjustice Why don’t you come visit us in America?  It’d be fun! 😀 (Have you ever traveled out of the country?  I have, once.)

Yeah, your characters are so mixed up. 😛

@jess-penrose
                Thank you!  She’s hungry, so a pizza will be helpful.  Character arcs, yes! 😀

Sorry, but I’m going to go to bed now.  It’s really late! 😉  I’m going to be up early tomorrow though, (I took a really long nap this afternoon, so I don’t need too much sleep tonight, and have stuff to do tomorrow anyway,) so if you’re writing late at night – like at 11:00 or 12:00 – I might catch you right as I’m waking up.  If I see you then, great! If not, well, see you sometime! 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

J.A. Penrose
                @jess-penrose

And back

@rochellaine
                  Ah yep. Good idea to point that out.

Inspiration&lt

J.A. Penrose
                  @jess-penrose

@rochellaine Welks! And alrighty then! I’ll be a-seeing you whenever!

Inspiration&lt

J.A. Penrose
                    @jess-penrose

I’m signing out now. Managed 2707 words today.

Inspiration&lt

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I would love to come and visit you one day 😀 I’ve so many things I want to do in America! No, I’ve never left Australian waters 🙂 Where’d you go?

@catwing
                        @ariel-ashira @alia @jenwriter17

Hey, I’m writing! Anyone want to join me?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Skredder
                        @skredder
                          • Total Posts: 527

@seekjustice I’m doing a bit of editing.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@skredder

Sorry for taking so long to reply! I got distracted.

What’re you working on?

by the way, I caught up with all the parts of your story and I’m loving it so far!

Skredder
                            @skredder
                              • Total Posts: 527

@seekjustice Sorry for taking so long getting back to you! 🙂

I’m working on a short story.

I’m glad you’re liking my novel. With luck I’ll remember to put up part 7 tonight. I mean to do it two days ago but I kept forgetting.

I’ve got to go now, though. Good luck! 😀

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Ariel Ashira
                              @ariel-ashira
                                • Total Posts: 739

@rochellaine Thats right, I read everything here. *smirks* You can’t escape me.

I’ve nearly fainted before because I haven’t eaten.  You still just about freaked me out for a minute, though. 🙂

Okay, so I’ve got a question.  *cringes because I am sure everyone here knows this* What is a spoiler?

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
                                @ariel-ashira
                                  • Total Posts: 739

@seekjustice Do you guys see kangaroos there?!  I guess you probably do.  I think kangaroos are so cool!

"In a mask, was he?"

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,010 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >