Writers' Corner #15

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #15

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I missed you and all our crazy conversations and debates too. 🙂

Unfortunately I’m just about to go to town to do a dance performance at the nursing home, but I should get some writing time at the library so I’ll tag you when I’m back and we might be able to have a word war 😉

I think you mentioned me several times, so rest assured 🙂

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Actually, that’s fine, since I’ve got to help my family get ready and pack for a conference we have a ministry booth at tomorrow, so I’ll be back later too.

Have fun, and see you soon!

Oh good. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17
          • Total Posts: 2522

@seekjustice just hopped over real quick to say WELCOME BACK! 😀

I hope your dance performance goes well. What kind of dance do you do? Ah, yes, writing at the library. Isn’t it nice to write somewhere where it is for the most part quiet? 😉

@rochellaine
          Oh, and I hope your time at the conference goes well too 🙂

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
          www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@seekjustice I’m back now.  You’re probably not done yet, but I’m tagging you anyway in case. 😉

@jess-penrose
            Are you writing now?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

J.A. Penrose
            @jess-penrose
              • Total Posts: 377

@rochellaine Heyo! I am back and yeah. Writing sounds like a plan!

Writer | Freelance Editor
              Inspiration&lt

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@jess-penrose Hello!  How’s your book coming?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

J.A. Penrose
                @jess-penrose

@rochellaine Wellllll, I’ve finished all I technically need to for Camp NaNo, but I’m only about a third of the way through. *flops* My main worry is that this book seems to be looking like it will be reaching the 150k mark before edits.

How about you?

Inspiration&lt

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@jess-penrose Oh, whoops! haha. 😀

Well, I’m having the opposite problem that you have! 🙂  I’m a very slow writer, possibly because I took off two years in which I did basically no writing and only started up again a few months ago, so it’s taking me a while to get back in the swing.  So I set a low goal for Camp NaNo, but I’m still behind a little bit.  I think I can catch up, though, and finish on time.

How are your characters doing/behaving?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

J.A. Penrose
                    @jess-penrose

@rochellaine Oh well! As long as you’re still enjoying the writing. And often it is hard to get back into something after a longish break. *nodnod*

My characters… are kinda in shock? Well, Connor is. And he is aware of it and trying to ignore everything and agh. *pats him*

Laura failed, and now it is left to me.

The door opens at the slight push of my fingers and I slip out, my eyes widening slightly at the shadows stretching like fingers through the halls. Hadn’t it only just been sunset before? Or have I really been back that long? I shrug inwardly and take slow steps forward, my feet making very little noise on the carpet muffled floor. As I pass every doorway a tendril of grey fog settles over my mind. Just forget about what you have to do. It’s for the best for everyone.

There’s a little snippet of my precious Connor.

Inspiration&lt

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@jess-penrose Oh, poor, poor Connor! 🙁  My MC just had a panic attack and passed out.  Now she’s better, thankfully.

Here’s a clip from a while back right before she passes out:

As she looked out at the road all she could think of was Hot.  It was so hot.  Suddenly her mind flashed as though she was back on the road, stumbling, gasping, hoping against hope that she would soon find a town.  Hot.  I’ll never get help.  It’s so hot.  It’s hot enough to kill me. “So hot.”
                        She didn’t realize the last words were spoken aloud until she heard the officer ask, “Are you hot?  Would you like me to turn up the AC?”
                        Looking up at him quickly, she shook her head.  “No.  I’m not hot,” she answered quietly.
                        She turned to look out the front window again, and suddenly a blinding headache hit her as she realized there was a split in the road.  The officer’s voice penetrated her mind with the awful question, “Which way is it, Chara?”

You write in present tense?  That’s interesting.  Isn’t it hard?  I’ve tried before, and I always got confused. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@rochellaine @jess-penrose

Hey, I’m back here now!

@jenwriter17

Thanks, it went really well and all the old people really loved it 😀 I do Scottish Highland dancing (Sword dancing, you know 🙂 ) I love writing at the library. It’s so quiet with no siblings 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Hello again!  Did you have fun?

I thought you had only one sibling? 😉  Or did you only tell me about one?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

J.A. Penrose
                            @jess-penrose

@rochellaine @seekjustice Ack sorry! The internet crashed, but I’m back now.

Oooooh, nice snippet!

Yes, I write in 1st person present tense, but I’ve also done 1st person past and 3rd person past. I find it easier to write this way actually, it makes me feel more connected, and then I could just make them drop dead at any given point. xP But I don’t plan to do that to Connor.

Inspiration&lt

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Yes, I did 😀 It was very nice!

(Also, congratulations to Uncle Bill! Um…you want to hear a funny story about Uncle Bill? We went hiking on Wednesday, along an escarpment with no fence, but I was explaining to my sister about your story and the problem I was trying to work out about why Chara would walk along the road–which I have solved, by the way. at least, I think I have. And then we were sitting at the edge of the cliff having a break, and my sister tells my little brothers to be careful or he’ll end up like Uncle Bill. And so I had to explain all about Uncle Bill to them and they haven’t stopped talking about him since then).

Ahahha no… I have three younger brothers and a little sister. And I know that’s nothing against thirteen, but they’re so noisy 😀

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@jess-penrose Oh, that happens to me far too often. 🙁  Glad you’re back!  And very glad you aren’t planning on letting Connor “drop dead.”  That would be awful.  I have enough to deal with trying to keep emotionally stable when reading SeekJustice’s book and I really don’t need to hear of any more characters dying. 😀 😀

@seekjustice
                                  Hahahaha!!! Wow, Uncle Bill is famous!  Actually, if you think about it, we’re both internationally known authors, since we’re from different countries and read each others works, right? 😛  That’s a cool thing to put on your resume… (By the way, I talk to my sister about your stories too.)

You figured out why she would walk on the road?  Pray tell me.

Cool!  Five kids isn’t too small of a family.  You’re actually far above average. 😉  Now I have a question: When they take Chara to the hospital…oh wait.  Ariel Ashira is going to read this, (since she apparently reads everything on this topic,) and I’m giving away spoilers!  Oh well.  I need to ask you anyway.  😀

So, when they take Chara to the hospital after she passes out will they give her an IV?  And if they do would that give her enough nourishment that she wouldn’t feel overly hungry the next morning after going home even though she didn’t eat lunch or dinner that day?  Or would she still be starving like she would normally?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,010 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >