Writers' Corner #15

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #15

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    J.A. Penrose
    @jess-penrose
      • Total Posts: 377

@skredder Hmm, mostly the thing I love is the general concept of looking at the blend between fantasy and sci-fi? Just turning these epic concepts that can carry so much thematic weight in them, into worlds that are possible, in the very distant future that is.

Mostly it’s the whole idea of looking at society as it could have been if our history went slightly differently. I just love the feel they seem to have, provided that they’re clean. >.< too often they aren’t and ugh.

I just think Steampunk worlds are made to look at really heavy stuff in a way that it is slightly separated from the reader like fantasy, but a bit more personal like in normal dystopian.

Writer | Freelance Editor
      Inspiration&lt

Skredder
      @skredder
        • Total Posts: 527

@filewriterbase13x From what I have been able to gather, the setting is usually Victorian times, before electricity, where technology evolved slightly differently. Everything is steam-power instead of electric powered, including airships. Other things are based on a lot of clockwork and many people wear goggles. There are probably some parts that I am incorrect on, but that’s what I’ve been able to find out. My steampunk has a slightly different time period.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

J.A. Penrose
        @jess-penrose

@filewriterbase13x Steampunk is generally the concept of society taking a different time path at the Victorian Era to what has actually happened in history. So, lots of fun.

https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249132-SteamPunk-A-List-of-Themes%5D

Inspiration&lt

J.A. Penrose
          @jess-penrose

@skredder @filewriterbase13x
            Ugh. I actually have to go now, but I’ll hopefully be back before all too long…Happy writing! *waves and vanishes*

Inspiration&lt

Skredder
            @skredder

@jess-penrose Okay, so this short story is actually based on a novel (or series) I want to write. It starts out in modern times with all electricity in the world going out. Literally, anything that runs on electricity shut down at one time around the globe. The story takes place over 200 years as society tries to reinvent itself, taking a steampunk approach in development this time. The really cool thing, at least in my opinion, is that the timeline of the series is based upon Exodus – 2 Samuel. I have a lot of the worldbuilding down, I know how many of the stories are going to play out, I’m just having a hard time getting it down on paper (or computer screen in my case).

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

filewriter@base13x
              @filewriterbase13x
                • Total Posts: 110

@jess-penrose, @skredder. Oh, okay. I get it know. Cool! I just finished Part three. As you probably already know, Skredder. Penrose, If you want to read what I just wrote, it’s on the topic, Truly lost our minds. 🙂

Currently writing the Hostanica Files with the assistance of B-bot, my PAIA (Personal AI Assistant.)

filewriter@base13x
                @filewriterbase13x
                  • Total Posts: 110

Bye, @jess-penrose Unfortunately, I also have to go. 🙁 Bye. This was fun and the first time I have ever done it. I bid you both a good night. *waves and bows*

Currently writing the Hostanica Files with the assistance of B-bot, my PAIA (Personal AI Assistant.)

Skredder
                  @skredder

@filewriterbase13x Bye! See ya later! 🙂

Jenna Terese
                    @jenwriter17
                      • Total Posts: 2522

@seekjustice Sorry, I couldn’t join you writing today 🙁

I have a question for you though: What are some good family musicals to watch? (cuz I know you don’t like musicals 😛 )

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                      www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine
                        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Are you around?  I finally am here! 😀  …for a little bit, at least.

I’m going to just comment in your WIiE document with what I was going to say about Justice, but then I’ll try to write a little bit before I crash.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

J.A. Penrose
                        @jess-penrose

I am back and writing. Only have 4k left til I’ve reached my goal of 10k for the day. *flops down and keeps writing*

Inspiration&lt

J.A. Penrose
                          @jess-penrose

WOOOOOOOOOOOOT! DONE! *collapses* There we go. 10 000 more wordsies added on. time for me to head off to bed. *waves* Have fun writing everyone!

Inspiration&lt

Skredder
                            @skredder

Anybody else on right now? I’m gonna be writin’ for a little bit. 🙂

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine
                                • Total Posts: 3322

I’ll be here in probably a little over an hour.  Will anyone be on then?

@jenwriter17
                                @skredder @seekjustice @jess-penrose @sam-kowal @alia @ariel-ashira

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Skredder
                                @skredder

@rochellaine I might still be. Can’t guarantee though.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,010 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >