Writers' Corner #15

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #15

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@alia That’s great!  Typing more than I thought I would is the real reason I do word wars. 😉  I try to make myself go fast, but I do much better when there are other people I know are typing at the same time.

Oh, of course. 😛

@seekjustice
      Wow!  Bu I knew you would beat me! 🙂  You accidentally left some of your typing races in the first draft of Stars, which say that you got over a thousand words every half hour. 😀

Ah, mm, uh, it’s coming reeeaaally sloooowlyyy. 🙁  I’m really not consistent in making myself work at it, which is why I like the word wars since I can’t get distracted while doing those.  I finally got Chara rescued, but we haven’t even rescued Uncle Bill yet!  The poor guy has been over that cliff for days! (Well, in real time.  Only a few hours in the book.)

*squeals* Another window scene?!  Thank you! *sends hugs* When do I get to read it?!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Oh yeah, I did a lot of word wars in that doc, mostly with myself but sometimes with other people. I remember one time I was trying to beat my record for five minutes which was consistently 290 and get 300 which I eventually did.

I’ve got a question. Can you touch type?

Poor Uncle Bill! 🙁 You muat get the poor bloke out of there!

Also Justice’s attempt at flirting which is not at all his forte. Probably (my) tomorrow morning 🙂

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@seekjustice Yes, I can touch type.  I can type 60-70 wpm when copying something.  So my slowness is just in thinking of things to write. 😉  How fast can you type?  (If you can do 300 in five minutes, that means you can at least type as fast as I can if not faster!)

Uncle Bill would be very startled at being called a “bloke!” 😛

Ahhh!  I love flirting.  No, Justice doesn’t seem much like a flirtatious guy, so his attempt has got to be hilarious! 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I can’t actually touch type, I tried to learn once but I was already so set in my ways that I could never do it properly. I’ve never timed myself for only one minute but I imagine it would be similar to yours.

G’day, Uncle Bill 😉

Nope, Justice isn’t that great at it, but he’s trying 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@seekjustice Wait…so you don’t look at the screen when you’re typing?  That’s interesting.  Do you use all your fingers, or just a few?  I was taught to touch type as a little kid, so I never had to worry about learning a new style. 🙂

So do you people use the word “guy” to describe someone ever?  Obviously you know that’s what we use instead of “bloke.”  Actually, I just remembered that Uncle Bill used to be in the Navy, so he’s probably met lots of different kinds of people and may have been called a “bloke” once or twice. 😀

Have you ever imagined a setting in your head automatically and then while writing realized you did something backwards, so you had to re-imagine it?  I just imagined the car turned one way, and then tried to turn it around in my head to make the scene work and accidentally made it into a European car with the wheel on the right instead of the left, 😛 and now realize that I have to turn the car back around because it’s in America, but that means that the scene is all messed up and I might have to write it again…Ugh!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I can type without looking at either the screen or the keyboard, but I don’t use the keys and fingers the way the touch typing program tried to teach me. I don’t think I use my thumb and ring finger at all. Having said that though, I’ve probably taught myself a kind of cross between two different styles. It works for me.

We use the word guys but it has a sort of more gender-neutral meaning, whereas bloke is solely a male word. His Aussie navy friends probably referred to him as mate too 🙂

I must admit I’ve never had that exact problem, but I have, yes, run into similar dilemmas.

Skredder
                @skredder
                  • Total Posts: 527

Hallu, folks! 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@seekjustice I’ve been procrastinating again.  Want another word war? 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@Rochellaine

I have to disappear for about an hour but I’ll word war when i get back 🙂

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@seekjustice In about fifteen minutes I’m going to watch a really old 1930s movie with my sister – or at least part of it, since it’s a serial, but I’m here right now.  If you aren’t around now, I’ll probably be back in about an hour and a half or two hours.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice @jess-penrose Hi!  I’m back for just a little bit before going to bed.  Are either of you around?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I’m wordwarring with myself, trying to get up to 20k today.

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@seekjustice Cool!  I don’t really feel like doing a word war anymore, since it’s very late, but I’ll do a little bit of editing before going to bed.

How close are you to your goal?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

No worries. I couldn’t do word wars late at night either.

I have 2k left to go. I’m also planning to tweak the trial scene, but I might wait til Monday to do that.

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@seekjustice Okay, I’ll say goodnight now.  Got a little bit done.  I hope you’re able to complete your goals for tonight!

I’m looking forward to reading the next bit of your story!  Especially since I’ve got a sneak peak. 😉  …And another window scene!  I hope that one comes up soon too. 😀

See you later.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 1,010 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >