Writers' Corner #15

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #15

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel Hello, my friend!  I’m finally here…for a little while.  🙂

How’s it going?

Wait, why are you trying to find a word that rhymes with “day?”  Are you writing my poem?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine  Hello!

It’s going fine. I got my work done for the first time this week. It’s been rough…

Yeah… I’ve been trying to write it, but then I got sidetracked into KPA character planning. (A.K.A. Scrolling through my original KPA topic, taking notes) X)

You can pronounce it however you want.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@dekreel And after talking about Star Trek over in the other topic I’ve been getting distracted watching clips!  😛  I’d better buckle down and write.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
          @dekreel

@rochellaine  HAHA, relateable. 😉

Soooooo… Oh, have you read SeekJustice’s book/books? I am currently reading both Les Mis and Tale of Two Cities, so now I really want to read her books. Are they any good?

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@dekreel You mean Stars Fill Infinity?  She’s only just started the sequel.  If that’s the one you’re talking about, then yes, it’s amazing!  Jen and I rave over it all the time. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
              @dekreel

@rochellaine  Ahhhhh, I love Les Mis SO much. I reeeeally can’t wait to finish it so I can read Stars Fill Infinity! And the sequel! ToTC is really good, too.

And I even got to draw Chessy and Sapphire once! They are the main characters, right?

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice
                  • Total Posts: 3365

@dekreel

Are they any good? I am insulted. Of course they are. They are my children 🙂 my works of art. I haven’t finished the sequel yet though.

@rochellaine
                  I’ve been meaning to talk to you about Stars. It occured to me the other day that you are a law student, just like Quillon and Justice, which I find really interesting for some reason. But also, you would probably know how a trial works. You might remember how I literally skipped a whole scene because I have no idea how a trial works. Would you care to enlighten me so that I can write that scene??

Also does your gun brother know much about WW1 aeroplane machine guns?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@seekjustice Are you still awake?  You posted 20 minutes ago, and I think it’s 1:30 a.m. for you, isn’t it? 😉

Oh, haha. 🙂  Okay, that’s a sort of loaded question, since there are lots of kinds of trials, and every country has a slightly different form of court procedure.  However, I’m studying criminal trial procedure this semester, so I can count this as studying, and it’d be really fun to help you figure it out! 😀  I guess that Australia’s courts would be similar to England’s, wouldn’t they?  American procedure originated in England so I’m studying that too, but there are some major differences now.

Also, since you have set your book in a dystopian society, I think the government will work a little differently than your normal Australian government works right now.  Do you think that is the case, or would you rather keep the procedure close to what you have now?  Do you want an unfair trial or a fair trial?  (The procedure will be different depending on which you’d prefer.)

Thanks for asking me!  This will be fun!

Hm, he probably knows something about them, though he mostly does stuff with modern guns.  I’ll ask him and get back to you, okay?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                    @dekreel

@rochellaine  @seekjustice  @catwing  @dragon-snapper  @anyone

I’m heeeerrre.

*growls frustratedly at this last part of the KPA…*

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@dekreel Did you ever find a word that rhymes with “Day?” 😀

I’m here for a little bit.  Working on my western.

Stop growling!  You’re scaring Bobert! (Yes, he’s finally back. 😉 )

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                        @dekreel

@rochellaine  Hello! Yeahhhh…  Man, I still need to finish that poem 😛

*stops growling* *starts throat-rumbling instead* Hiya, Bobert 😉

Jenna Terese
                          @jenwriter17
                            • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine @dekreel I’m not writing right now, but I saw you two were on so I just thought I’d pop over and say HAPPY EASTER! I probably would’ve forgotten to say it tomorrow. 🙂

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                            www.jennaterese.com

Joy
                            @dekreel

@jenwriter17  HAHA, happy Easter to you, too! 😉

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@dekreel *Bobert backs away and hides behind my skirt* He doesn’t like any kind of rumbling.  It makes him think of thunder, earthquakes, volcanoes, and tsunamis.  …wait…what have I been telling the poor little thing?! 😀

@jenwriter17
                                Happy Easter yourself!!!  Bobert sends kisses.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                                @dekreel

@rochellaine  Mmmmmm-HM. Unfortunately growling is a sign of anger among canines– er, Chasm Beasts.

AAAAAA! DON’TDISBELIEFMEFORSAYINGTHAT! *flees behind something* *hides tail*

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 1,010 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >