Writers' Corner #14

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #14

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,033 total)
  • Author
    Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17
      • Total Posts: 2522

whoops, butchered your tag @dragon-snapper

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
      www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17

@rochellaine You have NO IDEA how many times I mess up everyone’s tags. Luckily I catch them before I click ‘submit’……..at least, most of the time 😀

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice
          • Total Posts: 3365

@jenwriter17

If you go back a bit in the Writers Corner, you’ll find a whole discussion between @rochellaine and myself about Chessy being adopted, and somewhere in there you’ll find the prologue!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine
            • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Hi there!  I didn’t get an answer to my question last night before going to sleep, so here I ask again: Are you able to see my comments on your document, and do you want me to keep doing the same thing, or do you want to do the rest yourself?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17

@seekjustice ooh okay! 😀

www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17

@seekjustice oh wait did you just type it into your post? cuz I was just looking for a link but I found your short story…

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Oops sorry! Yep, i can see your comments and its up to you. If you’ve got other stuff to do by all means go and do that, but if you want to keep going that would be appreciated. I am considering, though, leaving this competition and finding another one with a higher word count. Still, I think there’s some things that need fixing up.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

You might need to go further back. It was about two days ago now. I can repost the link here but to understand the prologue you might need to read through the conversation Rochellaine and I had.

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 I’m going to copy Snapper and go eat dinner.  I’ll tag you to see if you’re still here when I get back, though you’ll probably eat dinner soon too, right? 🙂

@seekjustice
                      Okay, I was only doing word count comments, but I could do actual editing comments if you want those too.  I thought you had completed the editing already.

No, I’d love to keep doing it if you want me to.  I used to do a lot of editing for my mom’s books, but haven’t for a while, so I could use the practice! 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@rochellaine

haha…I’d finished editing months ago, but editing is never really done. I’ve already fixed up a few mistakes and typos, but if you catch anymore I’d be super grateful!

Okay cool! I’m torn, because I really wanted to enter this particular competition, but it means cutting so much out….I could wait and look for another competition that fitted the word count better….I don’t know *insert super worried emoji here*

Jenna Terese
                        @jenwriter17

@seekjustice for some reason I couldn’t find the link 🙁 would you be able to re-link it?

@rochellaine

I gotta go now, girls! May your writing prosper and your word-count increase! 😉

www.jennaterese.com

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper
                            • Total Posts: 3515

@Jenwriter17 XD That’s pretty impressive. Draong. 😛 (And I’m glad you’re looking forward to it. 😀 XD *won’t melt your chair because of it*

@rochellaine
                            @sam-kowal @seekjustice @waterlily @whoever’s on tonight.

Well, I begin my nightly stuff. Starting out by really finishing the blog post this time. Then I’ll edit. Then I’ll write. Anyone else with me?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@seekjustice I really liked something that Daeus said a while ago about short stories.  It was something like “Don’t cripple yourself by trying to get the story ‘good enough’ within the word count.  A short story should be as long as it has to be to make it a good story, and if that means it’s longer than the word count you wanted, let it be so.”

So I would say unless you really need to enter it in this particular competition, the story might suffer less by not having it’s hair and toes chopped off in order to fit in the bed.  😀  (I believe some of your morbidness has rubbed off on me.)

If you do decide not to chop it down, could you give me a new document to work with or else delete all my comments?  Because some of the things I said could work with less words actually sound better the way you originally wrote them.  Then I’ll just edit it for normal editing problems, (of which I did find a couple, sorry. 🙂 )

@dragon-snapper
                              Are you still here?  I’m back!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper
                                • Total Posts: 3515

@rochellaine Yep! Still here!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Jenna Terese
                                @jenwriter17

@dragon-snapper lol, at least I had the right letters in there 😛

and thank you, I rather like my chair 😉

@rochellaine
                                  okay, enjoy! I probably won’t be on for the rest of the night.

www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,033 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >