Why hello there!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Why hello there!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Otherworldly Historian
    @otherworldlyhistorian
      • Total Posts: 219

@princesachronicle22

Hi.
      I also like writing about Sci-Fi/Fantasy (by Branden Sandersons laws they are the same) and reading them. You mentioned your WIP and I was wondering what it was about.

Through darkness,
      light shines brightest

PrincesaChronicle22
      @princesachronicle22
        • Total Posts: 759

@sarafini hi!

Nice to meet you!

What genres have you tried? In reading? Pretty much everything fictional except horror. In writing I mostly do fantasy, some sci-fi and dystopian and always romance XD

Have you been published yet? Not yet, but hopefully sometime in the future!

if at all, how many novels have you completed? Not any that really count

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
        And guess what? His is eternal (:

PrincesaChronicle22
        @princesachronicle22

@otherworldlyhistorian

[qoute] “I also like writing about Sci-Fi/Fantasy (by Branden Sandersons laws they are the same)”

XD yes they are. My WIP very much follows those rules, actually

So I’m currently writing book one of a series. And that series is the third of seven planned series that are connected XD. It’s kinda like a giant timeline following a single “planet”. So as I get into some of the later books I’m planning to go from more of a fantasy to a mixed fantasy technology sci-fi.

In the book I’m writting right now it’s about a noblemans daughter who also works as his spy (it has several other plot-views but she’s the main one) People are randomly disapearing from the islands she lives on and she’s trying to stop it inconspicuosly.

There are also a few characters with magical abilities but magic has been outlawed so they have to be very careful about it.

I’m excited about it so far! It’s been super fun working on it 😀

LoopyLin
          @loopylin
            • Total Posts: 2062

@princesachronicle22

Hello! I know we already met in the character castle, but I decided to come say hi.

I really like Brandon Sanderson, Sariah Wilson, Dana Swift and Stephanie Garber, to name a few. (Do the creaters of Avatar The Last Airbender count? It’s my fave show) One of my fave series is The Lunar Chronicles books and the Cast in Firelight series.

I love Brandon Sanderson, Avatar, and The Lunar Chronicles too : D   I’m only on the second mistborn and the third Lunar chronicle books, but I’m really enjoying both. Do you have a favorite character from any of those series?

I love Coup

And Coup! I don’t own it, but I’ve played it a lot with friends. Have you ever played Werewolf?

Oh, another random question that just popped into my head: If you were in Avatar, what kind of bender would you be?

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

PrincesaChronicle22
            @princesachronicle22

@loopylin

Hey! Nice to see you again!  Awesome to know we like the same stuff!

It’s very hard for me to choose favorite characters, so I’ll go with the sidekicks, (Momo and Oppa, Iko, and OreSeur)

Yes Coup is fun! I don’t own it either, but I’d like to.

I’ve played like a classroom wherewolf, but I’m assuming your talking about a board game?

LoopyLin
              @loopylin

@princesachronicle22

I’ve played like a classroom wherewolf, but I’m assuming your talking about a board game?

Yeah, It’s like mafia, if you’ve ever played that, but as a card/board game. The main goal is to find out who the werewolf is, but, if you are the werewolf, you’re supposed to lie and get everyone to believe that the werewolf is someone else. There’s more to it than that, though. It’s really fun.

Otherworldly Historian
                @otherworldlyhistorian

@princesachronicle22

Your WIP sounds really good. I really like stuff like that. The mystery part is cool. Also (even though it is tropish) like outlawed magic.

@loopylin

I love social deduction games. My family really likes this one called Salem which is semi historical about the Salem witch trials and a lot of fun.

I also enjoy werewolf.

Through darkness,
                  light shines brightest

LoopyLin
                  @loopylin

@otherworldlyhistorian

Salem sounds fun! I’ll have to get it and try it out with my brother.

PrincesaChronicle22
                    @princesachronicle22

@loopylin

Yeah that’s basically like the game I played but we all had to vote about it, I didn’t know it was a board game! I’ll check it out!

PrincesaChronicle22
                      @princesachronicle22

@otherworldlyhistorian

thanks! And yes, it’s tropish XD

I’m more excited about getting into why it was outlawed, which will be in the series before that

Otherworldly Historian
                        @otherworldlyhistorian

@princesachronicle22

Ah. Going for a multi series world. Seems cool. My main WIP series is a multi series but it is all happening at roughly the same time.

I feel like the reasons for things is always what makes them interesting. I have taken to using the third ideal of the Knights Radiant (‘ Journey before destination’) as a kind of motto for determining goodness of a plot.
                          My worlds reason for magic outlawing is probably a lot simpler than yours because it is basically just that the people in power are afraid of getting controlled by magic wielding tyrants like they used to before the Rosse Technology was made and the revolution overthrew them.

Through darkness,
                          light shines brightest

PrincesaChronicle22
                          @princesachronicle22

@otherworldlyhistorian

[quote quote=127670]My worlds reason for magic outlawing is probably a lot simpler than yours[/quote]

Nope, that’s pretty much what happens in mine just with a few other elements involved. In mine people with abilities (they embody the stones power) are the rulers of the world. People are afraid of them and rally in war until they are able to amass enough numbers and over power them. (They have a superstition that they can’t kill their leaders, but that doesn’t go for other people with magical abilites) I’m more excited about the physcology of these people and viewing both sides in detail.

Is it tropy still? Yes but I’ll have fun writing it!

Folith-Feolin
                            @folith-feolin
                              • Total Posts: 310

@princesachronicle22

Tropes are good great when utilised correctly also if you spend a month reading tv tropes you will think everything is tropey

PrincesaChronicle22
                              @princesachronicle22

@folith-feolin

[quote quote=127683]Tropes are good great when utilised correctly also if you spend a month reading tv tropes you will think everything is tropey[/quote]

Lol, I don’t disagree with that statement

Otherworldly Historian
                                @otherworldlyhistorian

@princesachronicle22

@folith-feolin

I agree with what Folith-Feolin said. Also I feel that tropes are usually fine as long as you have a good enough person spin (I feel that you do). It is also the. not as much a trope. Also I love character physcology. I feel that is what makes a character well written is if they have an interesting physcology. I have seen books that do this really well (Poppy War) and are able to make you care about a character that does pretty bad stuff. I also feel it can make characters more relatable.

Through darkness,
                                  light shines brightest

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >