Why hello there!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Why hello there!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Erica
    @starofthenorth
      • Total Posts: 199

@princesachronicle22

Have I gone iceskating? Nope, I have rollar skated once, but no ice I’m afraid. I think it would be awesome if I ever get the chance!

Aw, too bad! Ice skating is so fun. (I’m not that good–I’ve always used figure skates and got hung up on the toe picks *kaboom* *screams* *ouch* but now I got hockey skates and it’s getting better.

Fave olympic sport? I’m not really a sport person but I love the olympic gymnastics and figure skating

I love those too! My sister and I used to be obsessed with figure skating videos.

My favorite character to write? There are many I’m excited for but haven’t written about yet. Fave i have started is Phervin, a middle aged pun-man. He is a guard and secret agent with outlawed powers.

Sounds cool! Outlawed powers? Poor guy!

Do I drink black coffee? Alas I have never consumed coffee, I studied the affects of caffine verses alchohal once and decided I’d rather not partake on either. But I fully understand why people drink it ;D

I see that, caffeine can be terrible. I usually drink decaf. I won’t even mention alcohol.

Also love your forum sygnature by the way!

Aw, thanks! I borrowed it from Arwen from the Lord of the Rings.

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3213

@princesachronicle22

Hi!! *waves and smiles* Welcome to Kingdom Pen!! I am Esther: a homeschooled, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, God-loving, amateur writer!!

As far as my writing goes, I say I dabble in a bit of everything: I have written the first draft of the first book in a fantasy duology, my current WIP is a dystopian trilogy (if you wanna check it out, it is on the thread titled “My WIP!!!”), I have an idea for a his-fic novel, and I have 2-4 ideas for biblical fiction projects.

Now for questions! *rubs hands together* (Oh, and you don’t have to answer a question if someone’s already asked it. 🙂)

1. If you were stranded on an island, what two books and four songs/albums would you want with you?

2. If you could live in any country which would it be? And why?

3. Dogs or cats? Which is your preference?

4. Favorite Bible story or character and why?

5. If you could spend a day with any historical figure, celebrity, person you admire but haven’t met, etc. who would it be?

So nice to meet you and can’t wait to see you around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

PrincesaChronicle22
        @princesachronicle22
          • Total Posts: 759

Awesome @Erica! I love Lord Of The Rings

Nice to meet you!

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
          And guess what? His is eternal (:

PrincesaChronicle22
          @princesachronicle22

@esther-c

Hi! Nice to make your aqauintance!

Stranded on the island limited songs and books? Ahh, so hard to decide! Only two books is tragic, most of my faves are all series! Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson and Identity, by Camille Peters. Music? Hmm, [If You Believe by Patch Crowe,] [Close to you, by Andy Grammer] and [Good Day by Strive to Be.]

Any country to live? The US because it’s where my family is

Dogs or cat’s? I’m a super pet person, probably cats, but I love husky’s

Favorite Bible story or character? Hm, I really Esther’s story, (wait is that what your username is meant to be? XD)

Spend time with any historical figure? Christ, it would be amazing to talk to him in person

Folith-Feolin
            @folith-feolin
              • Total Posts: 310

@princesachronicle22

[quote quote=127339]Favorite board game? Hard to decide, I really like Grandpa Beck games, my fave of his is Skull King. I love Coup, by Rikki Tahta, super fun. (While I’d never do this in real life, I love deciving people with my false innocence in board games)[/quote]

Social deduction games are great. I have not managed to play coup but I heard it was good from one of my friends. I think my current favorite game is too many bones although I recently got have begun to fall in love with Undaunted Stalingrad (if you love history you should definitely check this game out)

[quote quote=127339]If I could live in a fictional universe? HMMmmmMMm…. Probably the entire Cosmere universe by Brandon Sanderson[/quote]

Yes!!! another Sanderson Fan!!!  I love Brandon Sanderson (my favorite book of his is the way of kings). I have been trying to convince people on KP to read stormlight/Sanderson in general recently maybe you could help.

PrincesaChronicle22
              @princesachronicle22

@folith-feolin

Way Of Kings was Awesome!!!!! I need to start Words Of Radience so bad, I’m reading it with my brother though so I can’t go ahead just yet. I’m assuming you’ve read Mistborn? I love that series! I’m on Wax and Wayne right now. Have you checked out any of his Secret projects that came out a few day’s ago?

Sorry dude, I’m just excited to meet a fellow Sanderson fan and I’ll totally try to talk up his books to the other Kp members, so no need to worry about that 😉

Also I’ll have to check out those game suggestions I haven’t heard of them!

Folith-Feolin
                @folith-feolin
                  • Total Posts: 310

@princesachronicle22

I didn’t get into Sanderson until after the secret project Kickstarter however I have a friend (the one that originally suggested his books to me) that backed the Kickstarter.

PrincesaChronicle22
                  @princesachronicle22

@folith-feolin

Ohh, okay! Yeah I’m excited for it! I’ve only looked into it a little bit but it’s a cool blind book concept

Felicity
                    @felicity
                      • Total Posts: 811

@princesachronicle22

Hello! I’m Felicity, an unpublished author (hopefully will change soon), homesteader and follower of Jesus. Nice to meet another homeschooler and writer!

I like your signature! It’s a great reminder.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

PrincesaChronicle22
                      @princesachronicle22

@felicity

Hi! Nice to meet you too! I’m also hoping to publish soon, it depends on my writing timeline though, so we’ll see how it goes!

TheLoonyOne
                        @theloonyone
                          • Total Posts: 404

@princesachronicle22

Heeey! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Theloonyone.

We definitely have fun on KP, and I know you will too.

So… Newbie questions!

1. What kind of writing do you do? Do you have a favorite genre?

2. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded on an island? Basically top five, whether through quality or sentiment.

3. Stranded on an island but five books.

4. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?

Welcome to Kingdom Pen, again! I hope to see you around!

PrincesaChronicle22
                          @princesachronicle22

Hey, @theloonyone!

What kinda writing do I do? Mostly fantasy at the moment because I’m working on a big project with it, but I’ve started a little sci-fi/dystopian. I also want to eventually write just some cute modern romances, maybe fairytale retellings (I love those!)

Stranded on an island with 5 songs or albums? The 2022, Trust In The Lord, Strive to Be youth album. If You Believe by Patch Crowe. (Not five but can’t think of others right now XD)

Stranded on an island but five books? While I’d want to bring like my entire bookshelf, XD I’ll limit myself to one series, I’d bring all four Lunar Chronicle books, plus the Stars Above novella.

Personal Olympic sport? Quickly chugging odd health smoothies despite my aversion. Or maybe yawning really loudly XD

Nice to meet you! And yes, look forward to seeing you around!

TheLoonyOne
                            @theloonyone
                              • Total Posts: 404

@princesachronicle22

Those are fun genres! And, yeah, I also have a soft spot for romances…

Ooh, the Lunar Chronicles are so good! Do you have a favorite character?

Lol, those would be interesting Olympic sports 🤣😂 

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 692

@princesachronicle22
                                Hey, I’m Sara aka sarafini.
                                welcome to KP!

I’m a recent homeschool graduate, huge fan of AIO (adventures in odyssey) and audio drama in general, writing and reading are my biggest hobbies, I would love to make a career out of my writing someday if God allows, I write Sci-if, contemporary and thriller so far. I’d love to try other genres someday (I don’t do horror ever and only do romance if it’s a side arc and nothing like typical romances. My would basically be courtship type romances).

Questions:
                                1. What genres have you tried?
                                2. Have you been published yet?
                                3. if at all, how many novels have you completed?

I’m kind of late so you don’t have to answer these if you already did. Just let me know who sent them. Thanks! Hope to see you around more!

PrincesaChronicle22
                                @princesachronicle22

@Theloonyone

Ooh! Another Lunarctic! Sweet!

ahh I can’t choose a favorite! I love them all so much! Each of their characters are so fascinating and different! Of all of them though I think I admire Winter most. She’s just so complex in her struggles and choosing to deal with it

And yes, very interesting sports for sure XD

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >