Where do you live?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Where do you live?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 249 total)
  • Author
    BlueJay
    @bluejay
      • Total Posts: 1622

@rolena-hatfield MARY POPPINS!!!!!! I’m coming to America. *sob sob sob* That’s another stage play that I’ve want to do. *collapses on the floor in a heap* At the moment I’m not in any play due to my health, (or should I say bad health) 🙁 and it is rather boring. *heavies big sigh* breathe, breathe, breathe,
      Ok. I’m practically perfect in nearly every way. 😛
      I wish you all the best though, if you do audition. Let me know how you go.
      Have you done many theaters? (And yes, I love musicals)
      @zoe-wingfeather and @damaris-tutor welcome to the conversation. Great to hear from you.

Rolena Hatfield
      @rolena-hatfield
        • Total Posts: 405

@bluejay *pats your shoulder and hands you a tissue* There, there don’t cry young lassie. Oh I’m so sorry to hear your health is a bother! I completely understand. I had a few years where my health was a large challenge. (I’ll pray for you 🙂 I know it’s tough)
        Yes, I believe I’ve done 8 community shows so far. (Fiddler on the Roof, Little Women, Beauty and the Beast, Annie, Music Man…) As you can see my list is very much so lacking a Cinderella! But they haven’t done that show in years and I’d so like to be in that one! *sigh*
        I’m so glad you like musicals! Do you have a favorite?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Greta
        @gretald
          • Total Posts: 450

@rolena-hatfield and @bluejay:

Did someone say theater? I LOVE theater!!! And musicals…and…and…all of it. @rolena-hatfield, you do community theater???? Okay, we need to talk! I do community theater, too! *suddenly remembers to breathe* This is so exciting! Who were you in the shows you listed, @rolena-hatfield?

Rolena Hatfield
          @rolena-hatfield

@gretald Isn’t theater great 😉 It’s one of my favoritest things to do, (besides writing of course ;)) Oh do tell which shows you’ve been in and what parts you played! I’m itching to get back on the community stage! It’s been a whole year and a half since I last did a show 🙁 Mainly because the shows have been dis-honoring ones.

Anyway, let’s see. (These are in order of when I did them) Wizard of Oz – Jitterbug/Ozmus, Fiddler on the Roof – villager, Little Women – Beth, Fiddler on the Roof Jr. – Golde (don’t let the Jr. show fool you, just imagine the cast a whole lot younger than usual, with every bit of talent as the best adult performers!) Music Man Jr. – Marian Paroo, Beauty and the Beast Jr. – Silly Girl #3, Annie Jr. – Featured Dancer. Yep so that’s my community theater career.
            Besides that, I’ve done lots of skits at church, dramas for homeschool conferences (I’m getting to help direct the Iowa kid’s conference drama this year! I’m so excited!)
            And my favorite place for theater is at a Christian Drama Camp that I found four years ago! We do an hour long drama and musical and get five days to prepare them before we hit the road and preform 7 shows in 6 days! Most amazing drama experience I’ve ever had!!! This year the theme seems to be leaning towards the persecuted church. The shows are written up by the camp director and he does a fantastic job!

Wow that was a long rant… but I share in your sentiments about theater. *suddenly remembers to breathe* *passes out because that was too long of a rant to not breathe*

BlueJay
            @bluejay

*blows nose* Ah, that’s better. Thank you.
              Wow! That is an impressive list. I will be performing in an eisteddfod in May (if all goes well) so it shouldn’t be too long before I get back on the stage.
              I would definitely appreciate your prayers. My health can be very trying at times. I have to keep reminding myself that “all things work together to those who love Him”
              Who are you wanting in Mary Poppins? I would like Mrs. Banks.

Sarah Hoven
              @sarah-h
                • Total Posts: 669

@writefury – Sorry about the delay. What is HaYovel?

Rosey Mucklestone
                @writefury
                  • Total Posts: 467

@sarah-h
                  I’ll save you the long explanation and send you to the website. 😛 http://www.hayovel.com

Anna Brie
                  @anna-brie
                    • Total Posts: 312

I kept seeing that as yahovel, as in YA fiction.

Greta
                    @gretald

@rolena-hatfield Aww, I feel for you. 🙁 It’s always so hard to have to sit out…especially once you’ve gotten the theater bug. 😛

Wow, Beth in Little Women! I’ve always wanted to do that one. 🙂 And Marian in Music Man and Beauty and the Beast! My family and I are going to see the broadway version of Beauty and the Beast soon. 😀 Seems like you’ve had quite the drama career. 😉

And my favorite place for theater is at a Christian Drama Camp that I found four years ago! We do an hour long drama and musical and get five days to prepare them before we hit the road and preform 7 shows in 6 days! Most amazing drama experience I’ve ever had!!! This year the theme seems to be leaning towards the persecuted church. The shows are written up by the camp director and he does a fantastic job!

That sounds AMAZING! I did a drama workshop a little bit like that except we only did one performance after preparing for five days. It was really fun!

*takes deep breath* OK, here it goes…
                      Let me see…so the first community theater show I ever did was Charlotte’s Web, in which I played the Goose. After that, I caught the drama bug. 😛 I was Anne in Anne of Green Gables, Lavinia Herbert in A Little Princess, and Martha Cratchit in A Christmas Carol. Then I did this shorter play, based on the American Girl stories. The one I did was Tea for Felicity, in which I played Annabelle Cole, the villain of the play. XD Have you ever read the story of the Little Red Hen? I was the Mother Hen in the Little Red Hen. Let me tell you…that costume *shudders*…was so hot! 😛 Then I did Tiny Tim’s Christmas, which is a sequel to Christmas Carol, and I played a German immigrant lady, named Miss Mullen. Now I’m doing a play called The True Story of the Three Little Pigs…which contains a courtroom scene to determine whether the Wolf is guilty or not guilty where I’m the Judge.

*lets out breath* *pants*

Rolena Hatfield
                      @rolena-hatfield

@gretald What a fun list of shows. The Three Little Pigs one sounds fun! :p And oh, Anne in Anne of Green Gables! Why haven’t our theaters done that show I wonder? Though I’m probably more of the Diane type, that would be a fantastic show! Do you have a favorite show? (musical or drama)

@bluejay
                        I’m actually just hoping to be a chorus member. That way I’ll get to be in a lot of the big musical numbers! Right now my spring is looking to be a fruitful one, so that’s why I’m hoping for an “easier” part so that I don’t overwhelm my schedule and peeter out, unable to finish important jobs well. Actually I might just write on the audition sheet that all I want to do is be a chimney sweep :p Always wanted to be in that song!
                        Although, I think if time and schedule weren’t an issue, I might try for Poppins 🙂 But my favorite character in the show is Bert! I’m mean he even gets to tap dance on the ceiling! (the shows I’ve seen of Poppins, they attach him to cables in the “Step in Time” song and let him walk up the walls and “tap dance” on the ceiling, while still singing!!!)
                        Mrs. Banks does have a lovely song though! That would be a good part!

Sarah Hoven
                        @sarah-h
                          • Total Posts: 669

@writefury- That looks like a really neat organization. 🙂

BlueJay
                          @bluejay

Yes @rolena-hatfield I have seen a Mary Poppins show and Bert did walk on the roof. It was so amazing!

Greta
                            @gretald

@rolena-hatfield, It is a lot of fun. We actually have performances for the True Story of the Three Little Pigs this week! 😀
                              My favorite musicals are Les Miserables and Wicked. Do you have a favorite musical/show? Ooo, Mary Poppins! That sounds like fun. 🙂

Jackson Graham
                              @warrioroftherealm
                                • Total Posts: 115

I live in Idaho!

By the way, Daeus, your profile photo makes you look like a movie star… 🙂

Daeus
                                @daeus
                                  • Total Posts: 4238

Wow … I’ll have to put that on my resume or something.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 249 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >