Where do you live?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Where do you live?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 249 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

You know what’s really funny. I just thought about this, but the republican party is called the Grand Old Party, but the democratic party is actually older.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

That is quite funny, actually. And ‘Republican’ used to be a dirty word— now it’s the other way around. 😛

Hannah C
        @hannah-c
          • Total Posts: 362

It seems to me this forum is made up largely of Ohioans, Washingtonians, and Australians. I, for one, am a Washingtonian.

Facts:
          1) Washingtons biggest cash crop is Apple’s followed by wheat, potatoes, and hay.
          2) Washington is the 42nd state and was formed on November 11th, 1889.
          3) Delaware was the first state to ratify the Constitution on December 7th, 1887.

HC

Greta
          @gretald
            • Total Posts: 450

@Daeus, that’s so cool! 🙂 Where you by any chance at the Celtic Ball in December of 2015? I thought I saw someone who looked like you there, but I wasn’t sure.

Hm… you just may be surprised. Obviously nothing’s certain, but I’ve a gut feeling you just may be surprised.

@kate-flournoy
            , I hope you’re right…

Okay, I just gotta say it right now— Ted Cruz 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!

…and right on! 🙂

@Hope
            , I’ve been to the Creation Museum once; it’s an awesome place!

Daeus
            @daeus

@gretald

Sure was. You going this Saturday? I plan to be there.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Greta
              @gretald
                • Total Posts: 450

@Daeus: That’s so funny! No, unfortunately, I have too much going this week. 🙁

Rosey Mucklestone
                @writefury
                  • Total Posts: 467

@hannah-c Yeah! Go Washington! 🙂 Hey, are you by any chance going to the Christian Heritage homeschool conference?

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy
                    • Total Posts: 3976

But @kate-flournoy…no American authors? What about Mark Twain (some of the time), Serena Chase, or umm, *clears throat at Grimina’s insistence* even lesser known authors who like retelling fairy tales?

Somehow I missed that the first time around, @hope… 🙂
                    I was thinking more classical, so I didn’t think of those, but yes all three of those are very quite all the way nice authors… and… hm… authoresses. 😉

Sarah Hoven
                    @sarah-h
                      • Total Posts: 669

Hi Tessa! I live in Arizona, in the Sonoran Desert. We have tarantulas, scorpions, and sandstorms here, and it gets quite hot. The springtime, when the cactus flowers bloom, is very beautiful. However, the mountains here are brown. I like green mountains better.
                      Facts about America:
                      The east coast is very beautiful, especially when the leaves turn in the fall.
                      The Appalachian mountain range is gently rolling, very green, and mostly deciduous. The small mountain towns there are very friendly. So are most people in the American South.
                      The middle of America is flat. It used to be rolling prairie, but now it’s cornfields and bean fields. Illinois is controlled by the Mafia, and you have to have a FOID card in order to get guns or ammunition. It’s almost impossible to get ammo in Illinois.
                      The Colorado Rockies are breathtaking. They are covered in evergreen trees, and often the peaks are snow capped. When I first saw them, it was evening. Everything looked perfectly flat until we were about thirty minutes away. Then I looked up, and high above us there was a jagged purple line in the sky. You see, at night a fog the same color as the sky covers the base of the mountains. It’s really cool.
                      Below the Rockies is desert. Some people really like it. Some really don’t.
                      California forms much of the west coast. I’ve never been there, but I’ve heard it’s very beautiful and very corrupt.
                      We used to be a Christian nation, but right now our society is pretty bad.
                      We have a great constitution, but our president ignores it.
                      The Alamo was the American version of the Eureka Rebellion. It’s one of the shining moments in our history.
                      Texas is my favorite state. It is very Christian, and very free. It might secede if our government gets worse.
                      The public school system is pretty scary. That’s why so many Americans are beginning to homeschool.

I am very curious about Australia. What’s it like living there?
                      Have you heard of Neville Johnson? He’s an Australian pastor that we enjoy listening to.

BlueJay
                      @bluejay
                        • Total Posts: 1622

Hi Sarah. Hmmm….Australia.
                        The biggest island in the world and the smallest continent. We have three oceans that touch Australia. (I didn’t know about one until maybe two days again. 😀 )
                        Each state/territory is very different from each other. I have been to South Australia, New South Wales and and Kangaroo Island. (Just off South Aus)
                        I have relatives in Western Australia and Northern Territory.
                        My Dad and brother have been to Tasmania but we are still yet to make any connection to Queensland.
                        It is really hard to write what Aus is like, cause I’m so use to it.
                        Of course we are on a different time zone and season to all you guys. At the moment it is 9am in summer. We are getting ourselves ready for a hot week of 30 degrees Celsius.
                        I live on a small farm (5 acres) near the border of Victoria. We are about a two hour drive away from the coast? (On the bottom)
                        We have plenty of hills around here, so if I wanted I could be come extremely fit, walking up and down them. It is always a real pain when a ball is kicked too far and it rolls all the way to the bottom of a really steep hill.
                        At the moment we have one steer as it is too hilly to ride horses. But enough about me. Australian history. @anna-brie help me out here. I’m terrible at history.
                        Well, James Cook discovered Australia. I know that much. It is actually really funny how the kangaroo go its name. The sailors saw a strange mouse coloured beasts that had a head like a hornless deer and a long heavy tail that moved in leaps and bounds and help its paws as if praying. When they asked a native about the creature he repeated ‘kanguru’ They had no idea what he was talking about, so they named the creature ‘kangaroo’ 😀
                        The capital of Victoria is Melbourne.
                        I have got to go now, I’ll be back soon with more facts. (I hope)
                        (Oh, and I myself have not heard of Neville Johnson. I wonder if someone else in my family has. I’ll have to check.)
                        It is now 10 past 9. 😛

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by BlueJay.
                        Tatiana
                        @belegteleri
                          • Total Posts: 97

Hey Tessa! I live in California (am I the only one in the KP Forum who lives in Cali? It sure feels like it). @sarah-h is right: it’s very beautiful and extremely liberal, quite the opposite of conservative Texas, the state I wish I lived in. I think God made California specifically with no regard for the seasons. It can be cold and raining one day in February, and the next it’s 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
                          Americans, especially those in the Southern states (unless that’s just a stereotype, someone correct me if I’m wrong), have an obsession with football, a uniquely American sport that I think is kind of like rugby.
                          Traffic where I live (near San Francisco) is horrible. Google, Facebook, and all those other huge corporations are all here, so traffic jams are a given every single day of the week.

I have to go, but I’ll be back when I can think of some other interesting facts about this country of ours.

Daeus
                          @daeus

But California does grow most of our cauliflower, so we can forgive them.

Yes, football is crazy here, but I can understand because it is a really great sport. We also just won our first ever Olympic gold medal in fencing a couple years ago.

Hey, Australia’s the land of the boomerang. You ever tried those things? They’re tough to get the hang of.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

BlueJay
                            @bluejay

Sadly I’ve never had the chance to get my hands on a boomerang. (some Aussie I am. 😛 )

Ivy Rose
                              @ivy-rose
                                • Total Posts: 102

USA fact: Washington is the only state named after a president.

BlueJay
                                @bluejay

@sarah-h I thought you might be interested since you are from Arizona. We (actually I should say, my two sisters) have just studied Arizona. Here are a few facts that we found out.
                                  The flag: The 13 rays of the red and gold on the top half of the flag represent both the 14 original colonies of the Union and the rays of the Western setting sun. Red and gold were also the colours carried by the Coronado’s Spanish expedition in search of the Seven Cities of Cibola in 1540. The bottom of the flag has the same Liberty blue as the United States flag. Since Arizona was the largest producer of copper in the nation, a copper star was placed in the flag’s centre.
                                  Arizona joined the Union in 1912. It was the 48th state to do so.
                                  Phoenix became the capital city in 1889.
                                  Now here’s a fact that makes me feel very sorry for you. Arizona has 11 species of rattlesnakes. Plus you have the only poisonous lizard in the U.S. The Gila Monster.
                                  Arizona is home to the world’s largest rose bush. Planted in Tombstone in 1885, it has a 12 foot circumference trunk and covers an area of 9000 square feet. Wow! Have you seen it?
                                  Plus you have a lot of famous people.

We need more people. We still have 44 states to fill. 😀

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by BlueJay.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 249 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >