Where do you live?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Where do you live?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 249 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

@bluejay voting is actually super easy. All you have to do is look at a candidate’s voting record. If they have consistently voted with what you agree, vote for them. If their voting is more then just ever so slightly inconsistent, don’t. If they say something contrary to their voting record, ignore them completely. If the candidate you like doesn’t have a chance of winning look at the others and see if there is one who you might like less but you think is still a respectable Christian person. If you can’t find a more popular alternative that you can vote for in all good conscience, vote for the one you like. It won’t do anything for that election, but it will really help that candidate in the next election. So many people vote for what they call “the lesser of two evils” candidate. This keeps them from having a really bad candidate in office, but it slowly makes it more and more impossible to get the candidates they are actually more philosophically aligned with in office.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

BlueJay
      @bluejay
        • Total Posts: 1622

@daeus Thanks for the encouragement. We don’t seem to have any good people at all. And sometimes we have people who say good things and then they get in they change their views. I get really cross when they do that.
        But I guess we will just have to wait and see what this year holds.
        *May our leaders choose wisely and in a God-honouring manner.*

Anna Brie
        @anna-brie
          • Total Posts: 312

@Bluejay I’ve read one or two by Eleanor Spence and one (Lillipilly Hill)was alright, the other not so good. I didn’t particularly love either though.
          The Christian Democratic Party has a good record in the NSW parliment.

Another interesting thing about voting is that you number all the candidates in whichever order you want. The candidate with the least votes gets knocked off and all their votes are distributed to the number twos and so on until some on had at least 51%. That means you can vote for the minor party you would really like to get in and also choose which major party of the major parties you want to get in.

Now talking other things about Australia. It’s officially autumn now, but I’m still calling it summer.

BlueJay
          @bluejay

Yeah! I don’t feel like it’s autumn either. It’s going to be a hot week. 😀

Mallory O’Bier
            @overcomer
              • Total Posts: 550

Hey @bluejay ,

I’m from the state of Virginia, which is the best place to live in the whole entire world. Totally kept a straight face! 😉

Seriously though, it is a great place to live:) The weather is completely dependably inconsistent in it’s behavior. So much so that we here are not surprised to find Christmas hot, and snow on Easter.

It’s also a place that is very rich in American history. Many battles have been fought here.

We have blue jays here too, but our state bird is the cardinal.

I can’t really think of anything else to say about it at the moment, except that this is one place you won’t want to miss if you ever come to visit America. 🙂

BlueJay
              @bluejay

@overcomer Welcome to the conversation. Yay! A new state covered. Yes, I have read stuff about Virginia and the battles fought there. You also have famous Americans who came from that state. Stonewall Jackson to name one. I feel a bit sorry for him, because he was against slavery. But Virginia was for it, so he stay with his birth place and fought for it.
                I really do love blue jays. I had a brother who went to Texas for a year and he saw a blue jay and even managed to photograph it.
                *writes on list – visit Virginia* Oh dear. My list is getting so long. I’d better start saving up for a rather expensive trip. 🙂
                Seriously, I’d love to see you all one day.

Damaris Tutor
                @damaris-tutor
                  • Total Posts: 1

Texan, all the way! Looking at becoming an Oregonian in the near-ish future. 🙂

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 68

woah
                    i’m overwhelmed with the sass of some of these comments XD
                    well most of it has already been said i think…
                    i live in north carolina 🙂
                    probably the weirdest thing about here is the weather, at least where i live. it’ll be in the thirties one week and the next it’ll be in the seventies. really doesn’t make sense.
                    but i like it.

Rolena Hatfield
                    @rolena-hatfield
                      • Total Posts: 405

@bluejay Yes I did see the Joseph in 2011! Best theater show I’ve ever seen!
                      Wow you had the lead roles there!! How exciting! I’m taking it you like musicals then. And yes the Sound of Music is on my bucket list as well. But it’s been performed around here so often that it might be awhile before a theater decides to do that show. Next week though my favorite hometown theater is holding auditions for Mary Poppins!
                      And wow I didn’t know that Australia had a queen!!!

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Rolena Hatfield
                      @rolena-hatfield
                        • Total Posts: 405

@damaris-tutor Wow that would be quite the move! Very dramatic change! I have friends who live in the southern part of Texas and some who live at the border of Oregon and Washington. Both very neat states though!

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Sarah Hoven
                        @sarah-h
                          • Total Posts: 669

@bluejay and @Anna-Brie Oops, I meant besides you. Sorry. 🙂 Thanks for the list. It seems I’ve heard of Jackie French somewhere, but not the others. I’ll look for them.

@overcomer- I grew up in Virginia! It’s one of my favorite states.

Rosey Mucklestone
                          @writefury
                            • Total Posts: 467

@zoe-wingfeather Uh oh. Who sassed? *looks around* *covers mouth*

Rosey Mucklestone
                            @writefury
                              • Total Posts: 467

Ooh, missed you there, @sarah-h. Sorry. 😛
                              I’ve been touring around Jerusalem and Galilee once and picking grapes as a volunteer with HaYovel twice. (Second option is super-awesome you should totally do that)
                              And the anti Israel media. SOOOOO FRUSTRATING. GAH. O_o

Anna Brie
                              @anna-brie
                                • Total Posts: 312

I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one who has weird weather.

I think I’ll have to visit Virginia too, if I ever get over there. I don’t think any of my close writer friends are anywhere near there though.

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 68

just the people who were talking about the whole “first in flight” thing struck me as funny. ;P
                                  not really sass but i think it’s quite amusing

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 249 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >