What's Your WIP?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @that_writer_girl_99
      • Total Posts: 1819

*misses you more* @ethryndal

I’m working on a character analysis thing for my WIP, but I’ve nowhere to put it…should I make a topic for it on here?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Sam Kowal
      @sam-kowal
        • Total Posts: 635

@seekjustice Alright 😀

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
        Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Sam Kowal
        @sam-kowal

@ethryndal *uses the wind to try to clear your throat* *quails under your glare of righteous death*
          *swallows and timidly walks forward*
          “Please, Lady Elf… I’m confused. I never said I didn’t finish Narnia. I said I haven’t read Wingfeather. I read all seven Narnia books when I was seven and eight, no joke. And I’ve reread them a lot since.
          So… *Smiles far too widely*
          *steps forward with malice-filled grin*
          *lowers voice to whisper*
          “So. Save your death stare for someone else, please, Most Venerable Lady…”
          ;D

@rochellaine
          😀 😀 It’s okay. The Last Battle is quite amazing, but I can summarize it for you:
          (major spoilers after the poem to separate them)

Stan
          Stan
          My biggest fan
          He’s not a man
          Or a boy
          Or a girl
          Or a woman
          But he’s still
          my biggest fan
          so there

The Last Battle: C.S. Lewis created this awesome world and called Narnia and then he decided to get all tough and blow it up but then before TLB got published he lost his courage. Then he made a new Narnia that was BIGGER AND BETTER AND AWESOMESTISTER than the old Narnia. The Last Battle also includes an introverted King spending more time with his exotic pet than his people, a Narnia family reunion, and a scathing warning message for girls who do not grow up properly.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Sam Kowal.

Lunar Inklings
          @bekreations
            • Total Posts: 45

@rochellaine   Thank you! 🙂

Reader, Writer, Arter (oops I mean Artist)

bekreations.wordpress.com

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal
              • Total Posts: 1013

@Sam-Kowal Well now I feel dumb. I wasted all that yelling and you’re not even guilty. 😂*chides herself about the dangers of skim-reading*

However, that is a very choke-worthy summary of a fantastic book, so the indignant glare isn’t subsiding any time soon. *glares* Innocence does not vindicate you.

(That… actually doesn’t make any sense. Oh well.)

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Ethryndal
              @ethryndal

@That_Writer_Girl_99 Hey, that would be cool! Sorta like the other WIP topics you used to have, back for your other book?

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99
                  • Total Posts: 1819

@ethryndal Yeah, kinda like that, but for a different reason. I wanna get y’alls feedback on my lovely characters, I suppose.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Lunar Inklings
                  @bekreations
                    • Total Posts: 45

@sam-kowal  Nice summary

Reader, Writer, Arter (oops I mean Artist)

bekreations.wordpress.com

Sam Kowal
                    @sam-kowal

@ethryndal An elf queen? Dumb? Don’t speak of such things. It goes against everything I know about the order of the world. And lately that’s become a rather shaky knowledge…

😀 Ohh. Let’s start counting backwards.

Two kids from a troubled school are sent on a scavenger hunt for a kidnapped boy by a powerful godlike cat, who for some reason can’t use his powers to help them save the boy but instead gives them a handful of very obscure clues to guide their way. During the trip the two kids meet people on growth hormones with unpleasant dining habits. Also they find out the kidnapper really has a thing for snakes.

(Did I mention the cat was so eager for them to start the scavenger hunt he threw them off a cliff? Well, he did.)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Sam Kowal.

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine
                        • Total Posts: 3322

@sam-kowal That was an, um, interesting poem? 😀  Thanks for the summary; it is very kind of you to do that instead of forcefully commanding me to read the book like Ethryndal was trying to do… 🙂 😀

@ethryndal

Innocence does not vindicate you.

I actually LOVE that!  It should be used in a story.  The villain could say it, couldn’t he?  It’s the peak of illogical arguments, which could make it funny and scary at the same time.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ethryndal
                        @ethryndal

@Sam-Kowal NO STOP HELP YOU’RE KILLING ME.

@Rochellaine
                          I’m quite pleased with my forceful commanding. It’s terribly INTJ of me. *forcefully commands* READ THE BOOKS. DO IT. NOW.

It is rather poetic, isn’t it? Hmm. Now that you mention it, I… might… actually… be able to use this… *hauls out a dump-truck sized binder full of character notes*

But wait, what sort of thing does that imply? If you’re innocent, you can’t be vindicated of anything because you didn’t do anything to begin with. UNLESS, of course, it means innocence as in not realizing what you were doing was wrong, not innocence as in not doing something wrong, period.

GOOD GLORY, THIS IS THE KEY TO EVERYTHING.

*descends into furious writing*

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal

@That_Writer_Girl_99 AWESOME.

I love seeing what other people do with their characters…

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine
                              • Total Posts: 3322

@ethryndal *steadfastly refuses to read the book*  Come on, I’m not forcefully commanding you to read historical fiction, am I? 😀  (And by the way, @sam-kowal is doing a great job with his descriptions.)

I was thinking of it as the speaker had captured/arrested the innocent one for something which he was accused of, but didn’t do.  The captured person protests that he is innocent, but even though he can prove it the one who captured him turns out to be the villain and says that “innocence does not vindicate” the poor character who was falsely accused.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Sam Kowal
                              @sam-kowal

@ethryndal *coughs*

Two more kids go on a spoiled teenager’s boat ride to the edge of the earth. They have to sacrifice their pet mouse in the end but get to trade him for a pet lamb. Also they go through some industrial strength smog which is for some reason is out in the ocean, fight a water snake, and disturb a poor old dragon trying to die in peace. Among other things.

@ethryndal
                                @rochellaine Might it also mean, from a villain’s point of view, that ‘innocence’ to him doesn’t really mean anything? Technically, the person is ‘innocent’ by a sort of general point of view, but to the villain, who doesn’t care about any of that, ‘innocence’ doesn’t vindicate the… victim

Emma Flournoy
                                @emma-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 1352

*kicks back and generally enjoys the discussions*

Guys, the whole innocence does not vindicate you thing is awesome. You should totally use that for something @Ethryndal.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 126 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >