What's Your WIP?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@sam-kowal

You should just write parodies of popular novels. I would most definitely read them.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Lunar Inklings
      @bekreations
        • Total Posts: 45

I just saw the gif wars.  I just about died.

Y’alls stories are amazing.  *hugs them all*  *hugs y’all*

anyhoo(why are there so many 19 year old MCs?)

My WIP is a speculative fic novel.  A (19 year old) girl raised by her grandparents until they are killed by the bad guys.  She goes looking for her father  and ends up in a secret war between two government branches/agencies.  Her friend turns out to be her enemy. and her (other) enemy is a family member. I still have to outline and get the major plotpoints down.  It’s a mess right now.  But I still love it. Besides, I’ve only been working on it for less than a year.  The theme is forgiveness, so… many edits to come…. 🙂

Reader, Writer, Arter (oops I mean Artist)

bekreations.wordpress.com

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@bekreations I would guess (and this is completely just my personal opinion) that the reason a lot of female MCs are aged 17 and 19 and male MCs 18 or 20 is because they’re still young enough to be called teenagers but old enough that they’re coming of age and are believable in leadership roles.

What do you think about that theory?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Lunar Inklings
          @bekreations

@rochellaine  That’s true.  (you’re so smart)

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@bekreations Haha 😀  Thanks!

You’re new here, aren’t you?  Why don’t you create a topic in the “Start Here” forum and introduce yourself?  We’d love to get to know you!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Lunar Inklings
              @bekreations

Yes I am new.   Awe thanks 🙂

Lunar Inklings
                @bekreations

um… how do I get there?

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@bekreations Sorry!  I didn’t see your post because you didn’t tag me.  Here’s a link to the “Start Here” page. At the top there’s a button which says “Create New Topic.”  Click that, and the rest should be obvious. 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@bekreations …ooorrr, if it’s not obvious, just tag me and I’ll answer any questions you have! 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ethryndal
                      @ethryndal
                        • Total Posts: 1013

Wait. WAIT. @Sam-Kowal… Did you just say you’ve NEVER FINISHED NARNIA??? *starts to hyperventilate* I’m gonna… I… *gasps for air* THIS IS NOT OKAY. *fixes you with the glare of righteous death*

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@ethryndal *diverts attack* I’ve never finished Narnia!  (I haven’t read the last book in the series.)

Actually, I think @sam-kowal was saying he hadn’t read the Wingfeather series, but had read Narnia. 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal

@Rochellaine I think he read book 1, but not book 2. Yo. @Sam-Kowal. Help us out with this one.

Until then…

HOW DARE YOU, ROCHELLAINE. THOSE BOOKS WERE MY CHILDHOOD. AND THE LAST ONE IS THE BEST ONE!! SHEESH!!

Also, I don’t think I’ve ever had the privilege of speaking with you before. Hi. The names Sarah. *shakes your hand* Welcome to KP. (Even though I think you’ve been here for a while, and I somehow missed it… *sighs* I need to be more active on here.)

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99
                              • Total Posts: 1819

Yes, @ethryndal be on here more. We misses you, precious.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@ethryndal Hey, it worked!  You are no longer threatening @sam-kowal but are simply requesting he appear and make a speech! 😀

Counter attack: My favorite was The Horse and His Boy because that one seemed the most realistic to me, with less magic.  If you had been on here lately and met me you would know that I don’t like fantasy much.  *realizes that might actually not calm you down* *lifts sword to prepare for defense*

Oh wait…are we doing the “you put down your rock and I’ll put down my sword” thing?  *shakes your hand* Hi!  I’m Rochellaine, though that’s not my real name. 🙂  I have heard many tales of you, Ethryndal/Sarah.

*raises sword again just in case*

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ethryndal
                                @ethryndal

@That_Writer_Girl_99*sweeps hat from head and holds it to heart* You have my solemn word of honor, fair lady, that I shall try my utmost. I miss you guys too.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 126 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >