non-typical critters for stories

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy non-typical critters for stories

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Elanor
    @elanor
      • Total Posts: 184

@elfwing

Ooh great topic.
      The very first creature to pop in my head is a platypus.
      I’ve never seen them in a story. They might not have great eyesight but they’ve got sonar type abilities and have poison. They might make a great spy.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf

Elfwing
      @elfwing
        • Total Posts: 486

@elanor

oooo good idea!! They really would

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Daisy Torres
        @daisy-torres
          • Total Posts: 691

@elfwing Thank youu!! Awww yours sounds so adorableee!! I think it’s funny that yours doesn’t have teeth though, because mine lost her claws XD They would get along great together XD I love the whole tragic-backstory-thing behind it XD

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Daisy Torres
          @daisy-torres

@elanor that’s a great idea!! I saw an article saying that scientists recently found that they can produce a sort of glowing pattern, but only under black lights. That may be interesting to play with too….

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Elfwing
            @elfwing

@daisy-torres

you’re welcome!

And thanks! I often feel like my writing is too dramatic, but hey, I’m a passionate artistic person so it comes out one way or another, and my beta readers haven’t said anything about it… so I guess I’m fine XD

Lokee and Naiya, awwww that would be cute lol

I have not seen any marvel movies that include Loki but I’ve heard/read about him on this website enough to get the gist of his character and I like it. Good story inspiration since I have a couple of characters somewhat like that… XD

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Elanor
              @elanor
                • Total Posts: 184

@daisy-torres

Ooh that is cool!
                There’s all sorts of things you could use the little critters for.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf

Daisy Torres
                @daisy-torres

@elfwing Bahaha saameee. But I also enjoy reading some more dramatic things too, so each writer will have their own audience Ig XD And yeah haha, same here. I try not to read/watch things about false gods, so I’ve never seen it XD But I’ve heard enough people talking about him on here to tell what he’s like. Lokee does sound like a perfect name for him XD

Daisy Torres
                  @daisy-torres

@elanor Yuuss exactly!

Ariel
                    @ariel-f
                      • Total Posts: 50

@elfwing

How about a squirrel? And mini donkeys are the sweetest!

Elfwing
                      @elfwing

@daisy-torres

yes, I like some drama, just not BBC drama if you know what I mean XD

ahh yes that makes sense. I don’t like that aspect of it, and also the super human part. It’s weird so why watch it? I know LoTR and Star Trek are weird in their own way, so is every fantasy, but we have enough trouble with false religion without adding to the mess.

i am the kind of person who  can easily separate fiction from reality but it’s not necessary to watch them all just because I can forget what I didn’t like XD

I admit I like The Amazing Spider-Man movie (the sequel was a little sad and lame in plot) but I  probably won’t watch the other superhero movies just because I don’t really want to

okay I did watch Antman and that was stinkin hilarious 😂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Elfwing.

Elfwing
                        @elfwing

@ariel-f

ooo good idea!! You know m, I just added a squirrel to my one book a friend and I are doing literally yesterday!!!

And  I love donkeys!!! They’re smarter than people give em credit for lol

Daisy Torres
                          @daisy-torres

@elfwing Haha yeaah I get you XD Same.

Exactly! Imo, there’s enough junk to deal with keeping out of my spirit without adding bad movies to the mix lol. No judgement for people who enjoy it, but personally, I don’t.

I haven’t seen the spiderman movies, but I saw the Antman one once and yes, I definitely have to agree XD

Elfwing
                            @elfwing

@daisy-torres

Yeah, some things are just not necessary to read and watch.

I haven’t seen the ones with Spiderman played by Toby Maguire or whatever his name is, but I saw The Amazing Spiderman and like I said it’s really good and it’s actually thr inspiration for one of my characters in my WIP.

The recent movie played by Tom Holland I did NOT like. The plotline was ‘meh’ and it also had language and some rude humor and I’ve heard it’s the same with many of the Marvel movies which is another reason I’ll likely not watch them. It’s not worth it to me to try to sift through so much junk and clog my brain.

Anyways, I’m rabbit trailing which I’m terrible with doing!! XDDD

thanks for all the input!!! i really enjoyed everyone’s ideas and input and if you guys have any more feel free to add them! 🙂

Lydia S.
                              @lydia-s
                                • Total Posts: 399

@elfwing

I’m about to start a record for the latest appearance on a comment thread… *facepalm*

This is such a fun idea!!! I love the idea of a hedgehog too. So cute and yet, so dangerous. As for my ideas, I think a lemur would be lovely. Perhaps a moose or a mole or a horde of ants as well. Or a hyena. Or maybe even a kangaroo!

If I ever write a superhero novel, I think I will have way too much fun finding animals for the villain and hero.

Elfwing
                                @elfwing

@lydia-s

All good! yeah hehehe hedgehogs! ooo a moose! that would be great! A kangeroo would be great XD

Ohh yeah that would be so epic!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >